Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rebel Pizza on North St, Swords

Options
  • 28-11-2011 12:29pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Sad to see that Rebel is apparently gone. Great pizza and good value.

Another takeaway is obviously going in there, based on the work happening inside but I can't tell yet what sort.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

I understand that its a Thai takeaway/delivery , AFAIK its two guys from Diep @ Home .

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Ah crap is it???
    I really liked Rebel!

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭thesteve

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

I'm suprised @ that it always seemed busy when I used it.

Was there lease up and somebody came in with a better offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

I liked their sides, wasn't too pushed on their main pizzas. Pizza Dog up in Airside is worth a shot but I usually go for Apache or Mizzoni.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

celticbest wrote: »
    I'm suprised @ that it always seemed busy when I used it.

Was there lease up and somebody came in with a better offer?

If that's the case they'll be open again soon in one of the plethora of other empty units locally.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Kumsheen

I liked their sides, wasn't too pushed on their main pizzas. Pizza Dog up in Airside is worth a shot but I usually go for Apache or Mizzoni.

Have to agree Pizza Dog is very Nice and very good value, lots of special offers as well. It gets my vote.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

I'd guess they won't be opening up anywhere else - the last couple of times I ordered from them, they had started using generic pizza boxes instead of their own branded ones, which to me wasn't a good sign.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Kali_Kalika

We tried to phone a delivery into them last night and they are officially gone. :eek::mad::mad::mad:

Was one of the nicest places to get food from around! Their wings were fantastic! Bloody hot but wonderful!

Was chatting a bit to the guy on the phone (he usually takes the orders) He recognized my voice without giving number or address. He said that it's a Thai place that is opening there and would be doing delivery at the start of the week (5th Dec onwards). He said the phone number would be the same and to give them a call and try the Thai - all in all he sounded like he'd be staying on there - so not sure if the new Thai has given him a job or if the same people are going to be running it.

Not a fan of Thai in the least. RIP Rebels you will be sadly and sorely missed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭bernyh

Only started using them recently, they were great value and the portions were brilliant.. I am not a fan of pizza, but actually quite liked the Rebel pizza's, the online delivery seems to be still live as I looked at it yesterday (noticed a thai place was there on Friday). On the website it says "Main street Swords" so was wondering if they had moved premises as I am sure that the last premises were "North Street"....

I could be totally wrong, but it's very strange to have no notice of the place closing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Diep noodles are lovely, give them a go, im not the biggest noodle fan but I love their stuff....

Rebel Pizza was decent albeit a bit greasy.... their chipper end of things was nice aswell though

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Lads , its now called "SANUK" and I went in last night for takeaway . Have to say it was very good .
    http://sanuk.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

What kind of food are they doing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

What kind of food are they doing?

thai. Agree with Sharkman, ate outta there the other night and it was lovely. fancy prawn crackers too!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

I'm going to try it tonight: will report back.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

A friend of mine knows the head chef in this new Thai take away. He's after coming from a 4 star hotel down the country. He also used to be the head chef in some 5 star hotel in Thailand. The menu looks good, all the usual Thai dishes but they're also doing more traditional authentic dishes like pad krapow
    (stir fried pork with chilli & basil). But to suit the Irish taste taste pallet they're not using pork but chicken,beef or prawns. :)

Advertisement