Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bill sent to wrong address... again

Options
  • 28-11-2011 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Can any eircom rep please message me with some help. I have received a contract and bill sent to my address a month ago for a phone and broadband at my address but in another persons name. It is obviously just an address mix up as I do not have or requested a phone. I could have binned it but thought it would be better to contact eircom and inform them as they will not receive payment if their new customer hasnt got the bill. Unfortunately for me the lady on the phone tried to inform me that i must have ordered the setup when a sales man came to my door! :eek: I explained that had not happened and he obviously has put the wrong door number on the order sheet (its an apartment complex). After much debating from the lady i simply lost any tolerance i had and told her that i wanted this sorted immediately as i did not want a black mark going against my address for non-payment of a bill for a landline that does not even exist; which is something that i believe can happen as phone lines are usually attributed to addresses and not people.
    She said ok she'll sort this.
    Well surprise surprise i have now received another bill for this month. Nothing has been paid and I am sure there is a customer somewhere waiting for their new phone!
    Why is this silly mistake taking such a long time to rectify?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Smiley G wrote: »
    Can any eircom rep please message me with some help. I have received a contract and bill sent to my address a month ago for a phone and broadband at my address but in another persons name. It is obviously just an address mix up as I do not have or requested a phone. I could have binned it but thought it would be better to contact eircom and inform them as they will not receive payment if their new customer hasnt got the bill. Unfortunately for me the lady on the phone tried to inform me that i must have ordered the setup when a sales man came to my door! :eek: I explained that had not happened and he obviously has put the wrong door number on the order sheet (its an apartment complex). After much debating from the lady i simply lost any tolerance i had and told her that i wanted this sorted immediately as i did not want a black mark going against my address for non-payment of a bill for a landline that does not even exist; which is something that i believe can happen as phone lines are usually attributed to addresses and not people.
    She said ok she'll sort this.
    Well surprise surprise i have now received another bill for this month. Nothing has been paid and I am sure there is a customer somewhere waiting for their new phone!
    Why is this silly mistake taking such a long time to rectify?

Hi Smiley G,

Can you PM me with the account number and name of the incorrect bill you have received and the correct name it should be in and I will look into that for you.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement