Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Finnan faces

• 28-11-2011 12:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭

Warren french pre lim round in ally pally

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

Best of luck to Connie.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭pudzy

yep.. best of luck connie, and enjoy it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

Best of luck!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭Jake The Fat Ma

Connie is a good guy. hope he gets thru.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Suir72

I think most of us have played, and if not talked to, Connie over the years. We all know what fantastic player and gentleman he is. I'm sure we all wish him the best of luck and if he plays the way we all know he can, he can hold onto that bit of luck until further on in competition.

It's great to see our top dart players getting their chance on the biggest stage of all.

We're all shouting for you Connie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭on the board

Down in tramore in January with 2 of my mates, we were having a laugh and John my mate turns around to connie and says "here connie have you any tips for throwing darts"? Connie turns around and says "Practise Practise Practise"

The next day we were in the bookies backing a few horses and connie walked in, John turns around and said "here connie any tips" and connie replied "Practise Practise Practise"

What a man ha

• Registered Users Posts: 27 THE WIZARD

Warren French is a New Zealand darts player. He lives in Ashburton and uses the nickname Frog for his matches.

French reached the final of the 2006 New Zealand Open, losing to former world champion Tony David. He played in the 2007 PDC World Darts Championship, losing 3-1 in the first round to James Wade. French won the 2008 New Zealand National Championship which earned him a place in the 2009 PDC World Darts Championship. He won his preliminary match against Japan's national champion Akihiro Nagakawa and was then trounced 3-0 by Dennis Priestley in the first round.

The match with Nagakawa is widely considered to be the worst match ever in the history of either the PDC or BDO World Championships, where both players averaged 54. The standard was so poor, that Sky Sports stopped broadcasting it halfway through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭StephenHendry

THE WIZARD wrote: »
    Warren French is a New Zealand darts player. He lives in Ashburton and uses the nickname Frog for his matches.

French reached the final of the 2006 New Zealand Open, losing to former world champion Tony David. He played in the 2007 PDC World Darts Championship, losing 3-1 in the first round to James Wade. French won the 2008 New Zealand National Championship which earned him a place in the 2009 PDC World Darts Championship. He won his preliminary match against Japan's national champion Akihiro Nagakawa and was then trounced 3-0 by Dennis Priestley in the first round.

The match with Nagakawa is widely considered to be the worst match ever in the history of either the PDC or BDO World Championships, where both players averaged 54. The standard was so poor, that Sky Sports stopped broadcasting it halfway through.

remember that match for some reason, probably because it was so bad. he (french) improved against priestley the first round proper but it wasn't enough. i havent' seen the guy play on tv since so id say connie should beat him but there are no gurantees to this :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Dicie

french at the time was suffering from dartitis. Might have been 1 of the reasons for his poor showing. He also has big stage experience, and wont be a pushover for Conrad.

I also think it is a disgrace, the PDC asked these players to travel across the globe to play the best of 7 legs, in what could be the biggest game of there life.

Advertisement