Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lucozade with caffeine

Options
  • 28-11-2011 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭

I can't remember the exact name of this product, which was a standard sized bottle of Lucozade with added caffeine. (This is distinct from the Lucozade energy shots).

I loved this drink, which was great for hangovers, but it seems to have disappeared from shelves in the last 6 months or more. Does anyone know what has happened to it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭psychward

Lucozade Alert ? lucozadeAlert.jpg

Did you manage to find any ? It's more useful than red bull for studying/staying awake etc imo . I don't see it in the shelves either. A big gripe I always had with this product is they don't sell it in 2 Litre bottles. It's always a small expensive bottle :(

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The Alert name sounds familiar, but I thought it was in a black wrapped bottle.

I've been looking for it a lot lately, and I just can't find it. Best hangover drink I know of.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

If you are solely using it for caffeine and the glucose rush it would be far cheaper to just buy caffeine tablets and glucose. Glucose can be got cheapest in homebrew shops, or in the baking section or baby food section in supermarkets It is not as sweet as "normal sugar" (sucrose) so you can palate it more, this is why lucozade is not that sickly sweet even though it is high in carbs.

Some people might not be able to stomach fizzy drinks when hungover, glucose in water with some lemon juice to taste is easy. If you add a little salt it will help rehydrate you too.

rubadub wrote: »
    If you are solely using it for caffeine and the glucose rush it would be far cheaper to just buy caffeine tablets and glucose.

You can buy caffeine tablets and furthermore buy them without prescription at your local chemist ? I never saw them on a shelf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,419 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

psychward wrote: »
    You can buy caffeine tablets and furthermore buy them without prescription at your local chemist ? I never saw them on a shelf
    You can buy them over the counter in lots of places. /most, if not all, those weigth loss tablets you see are caffine tabslets. Online is a cheaper option.
    Why would you need a prescription.

Mellor wrote: »
    You can buy them over the counter in lots of places. /most, if not all, those weigth loss tablets you see are caffine tabslets. Online is a cheaper option.
    Why would you need a prescription.

I just wanted to make sure. Does Boots sell them ? And are they expensive? I was wondering if it's a better substitute than endless mugs of coffee or would it send me up the wall in unexpected ways. Nows not the time to start a radical experiment with exams looming...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Consult a medical professional if you are concerned about how these products may affect you physically or mentally.

tHB

Advertisement