Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

please please advice me!!!

Options
  • 28-11-2011 2:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

hello guys..
    im working as technical support in computer shop for long of years, though i got graduate entirely different degree(ecnomics). but sincerely i love to go ahead with IT jobs, i have certification mcp, mcts. Recently i attend interview for network engineer but unfortunately asked more about server side which i dont have experience, so can you please advice me what should i do? thinking about doing a+ certification, or shall i do server+ , network +
    please please advice me!!!

this is what i am right now
    · Strong knowledge on Hardware & software installation and troubleshooting
    · Troubleshooting Apple Hardware and Software (OSX)
    · LAN/WAN design and build, Network infrastructure
    · Good experience in troubleshooting connectivity
    · Operating System Installation both attended and unattended (Windows 98, XP, Vista and Windows 7)
    · Deskop / Laptop Recovery
    · HardDrive recovery
    · Data Backup
    MAC OSX Installation and Troubleshooting (OS9 - OSX)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 BoogieBop

Having A+ and N+ is defiantly a good start for the basics. You could also look at Microsoft’s MTA or Cisco’s networking essentials the maybe CCNA. It all depends on where you want to go from here.

Always try and research the company you want to work for. Find out things like the hardware and systems they use. Dont be afraid to call them up before applying and ask questions. Most are more than happy to help. Whichever path you take I wish you the best of luck.

MTA
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/mta.aspx

Cisco
    http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/netacad/course_catalog/IT1.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 greeshu_ng

many thanks for reply....
    i also thinking about doing mcse, will that be helpful for me? is there any chances for getting mcse jobs in IRELAND. or do i have to certify MTA along with MCSE...
    looking forward to hear from you..

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Nelson Muntz

Be careful getting too many certs. If you end up with loads of certs and little experience, it can work against you.

You should try to get a low level IT support job and gradually do some certs as you gain experience.

Advertisement