Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very Old Cookery Book

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,436 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

This is great. If only there was nostalgia like this on our screens. Some Dick Warner of chef world bringing old cookery books back to life.

Thanks for sharing. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

Black Oil wrote: »
    This is great. If only there was nostalgia like this on our screens. Some Dick Warner of chef world bringing old cookery books back to life.

Thanks for sharing. :)

The BBC did touch upon some of these old recipe books in the Victorian Farm series.

Another book to look out for is Farmhouse Kitchen from Yorkshire TV. While the show is from the 70s-80s, often viewers would write in with family recipes handed down by the generations which were then published in the Farmhouse Cookery Books. No nonsense cooking!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭barnacle

No Christmas dinner as such but how about some cake and pudding?

Christmas_2_1.jpg

Made the 1st christmas pudding recipe there today. Makes 8 liters of pudding :O will throw up a pic later. Very very expensive to make in that quantity :(

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

The beer revolu, that's absolutely fantastic stuff - Thanks for posting it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭FTGFOP

Oooh I've got a request. Muffins (as in for toasting) and Crumpets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,045 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

FTGFOP wrote: »
    Oooh I've got a request. Muffins (as in for toasting) and Crumpets.

Crumpets, Muffins and Pikelets

Crumpets.jpg

Muffins.jpg

Pikelets.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭FTGFOP

Thanks, TBR. That's a good reference to have.
    they are rather like a blanket soaked in butter; and are nearly as indigestible

Thought that was funny. I have more love for crumpets than she does.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Anything hot and buttery can only be utterly loveable!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,045 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Thanks, TBR. That's a good reference to have.

That was the bit that stuck out for me too!

Keep the requests coming everyone - I'll eventually have the whole book photographed!

Advertisement