Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Answer Your Phone Malachy!

Options
  • 28-11-2011 2:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭

Just wanted to ask fellow-Galway-folk if any Jobseekers happened to apply for an Office Position in The Tuam Herald's Classifieds 2 weeks ago? It was written to contact "Malachy" at a mobile number. That was all the information that was given. Attempted to make contact with Malachy but to no avail, phone constantly ringing out, and left a few messages un-successfully. :( Just wanted to find out if anyone actually managed to make or receive contact and apply for the job?

I'm here wondering if it's malakeekee or malacuckoo ...... :( It's certainly lacky alright - lacking in a lot of things ....... I know potential Employers can well afford to be excessively choosy about who they hire given the current Economic Climate, but failure to return someone's calls or respond/reply to someone's messages in any way shape or form clearly blatantly demonstrates a complete lack of common courtesy and decorum ..... Or maybe it doesn't ..... Maybe this is commonplace behaviour now is it .....
    :rolleyes::(:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

maybe it was a joke advert placed by someone to get revenge for something .... so tonnes of people call the person and they are forced to turn off their phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

Doubt that very much. I often come across Ads. with just a phone number or a box number. (At least a box number is viable you actually have to pay to get a box number don't you? So at least I know my CV would have reached a Box number lol, with just a phone number it's just a double slap in the face lol because it's getting nowhere fast even faster lol when you're not even getting the chance to apply for the bloody job!!!) The phone wasn't off btw it rang out every time, and for God's sake even if it was a joke surely they would have got back to say so considering I left a few voicemails and they knew I was a poor sod looking for work lol! :D Some of the time though, some staff in Companies just don't have the time to deal with job applicants if they have other work to do and the process got left to them or some could just take ages - they mightn't be looking for staff for weeks yet so that could be it. It's just annoying though! :(

Can't believe other Jobseekers havn't replied to this post? :confused: Surely ye would have attempted to apply to this Ad. too ...... Printed in a local Newspaper, usually containing any jobs going, genuine-looking job Advert. Surely other people looking for work would have called this number??

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

Why not try ringing the newspaper to ask if it was a genuine ad because they are bound to have a record of who paid for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

Great idea Dec! Hadn't thought of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

if its tuam there is a company in the N17 retail park that has a Malachy listed as one on the directors when you google it. I wont give the details in case its not actually this company.

• Advertisement
Advertisement