Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please help me build a gaming PC! €1000 - €1500

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Greylor

I reckon I'll go for that 1tb Spinpoint F3 and the Corsair 600T case.

Although I'm not entirely sold on the case.

You've recommended the Fractal Design case a couple of times now. What is it about the case that makes you recommend it? I don't know much about air flow and dust management on cases.

Also, whats really the difference between the Fractal Design and the Corsair in real terms?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

The Fractal case - particularly the R3, is great for balancing airflow and noise. If you're not too bothered by sound, you can go for whatever looks nice (Corsair. :P), and to be honest, the Corsair is the better case, IMO. It's very much personal preference though.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Bloodwing

FYI I went with the 600t case and I'm very happy with it. It has plenty of room inside and loads of cable management options. It might not be to everyone's liking but I can't fault it.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Greylor

Ya, I went for the 600t case after reading up reviews on it. Highly customisable case with good wire space, good airflow and lots of dust guards. I also checked how it handles the big NH-D14 cooler and its all good.

So what I have ordered is:
    - Extreme 4 motherboard
    - i5-2500k CPU
    - 8gig Corsair Vengeance RAM
    - Palit GTX570 Graphics Card
    - 1tb Samsung Spinpoint F3 HDD
    - 128gig Crucial SSD
    - Noctua NH-D14 cooler fan
    - Corsair 600t Case

Left out the PSU because I plan to salvage the 800watt OdinGT that I've got in my current PC. Also have a DVD R/RW that I'm salvaging.

It arrives on Friday :)

Thanks to everyone who helped with this! Particularly Serephucus and Eamonn Brophy.

Advertisement