Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call of Duty 2- Will there ever be another like it?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

i must buy COD1! right now in fact!

wait its finest hour and not the big red one yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

i must buy COD1! right now in fact!

wait its finest hour and not the big red one yeah?

If youre getting it on PC its just call of duty. finest hour and big red 1 were jsut **** console versions

ill be getting it for xbox. will finest hour work on the 360?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Also i think, tho i could be wrong, wasnt it the game that first used the respawning enemy crap?

Nope, that was around since MoH:AA. It was just noticable in CoD2 because of some poor level design, the game really seemed rushed to make the 360 launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

ill be getting it for xbox. will finest hour work on the 360?

You can get CoD1 from XBLA for the 360. Don't bother with Finest Hour, it's not a real CoD game, either is the BRO.

• Advertisement

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Nope, that was around since MoH:AA. It was just noticable in CoD2 because of some poor level design, the game really seemed rushed to make the 360 launch.

But CoD2 was out for the PC even before the 360 console was released. It was then ported over very quickly.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    It was just noticable in CoD2 because of some poor level design, .

It's very noticeable is all the CoD games imo. The MW series is terrible for it, it's the biggest turn off of the franchise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

You can get CoD1 from XBLA for the 360. Don't bother with Finest Hour, it's not a real CoD game, either is the BRO.

Big Red One is actually a decent shooter from Treyarch, but Finest Hour is crap.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Big Red One is an okay shooter for a PS2 game but in the harsh light of recent times it kind of sucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

I picked up a 2nd hand copy of COD2 today in Gamestop for €15, still a great online game! You'd miss the sprint though, painfully slow dragging a flag back to base :D
    It still has a band of followers, I was getting worried when I put it in at first, couldn't find any other gamers but eventually got there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

I often find say with a trilogy that the 2nd is improved-on aka best whereas the 3rd is all too often the uninspired cash-in. n I really shouldn't have listened to that guy who said "you didn't play the first one?!" ;)

I picked up a 2nd hand copy of COD2 today in Gamestop for €15, still a great online game! You'd miss the sprint though, painfully slow dragging a flag back to base :D
    It still has a band of followers, I was getting worried when I put it in at first, couldn't find any other gamers but eventually got there.

i cant ever seem to get more than 1 or 2 players online :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

I think it's the luck of the draw, sometimes you can get a full game, more often not :mad:

This really is an excellant game that's aged well - I love that it's more or less a level playing field online, bar gun choice and internet connection!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

COD2 is the best in the series by a long shot. More conducive to teamplay and the gameplay still beats all others. Cannot beat a game of CTF in Toujane:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

COD2 was my first real FPS, both off and online so i'll always have a spot for it. I think when people look back at games it's in a romantic light so it's a somewhat biased opinion. COD2 was my first online game it for me, so it's one of my favorites, the memories I have playing it are fantastic. This is mostly because I had never experienced a game online or online communities. It was still a fantastic game regardless but i wouldn't go saying it's better than everything out currently. We're just spoiled now :)

• Site Banned Posts: 12 ballyturtles

MOH Frontline was my first real FPS and I haven't played a fps as good as it again the story and gameplay it was brilliant. I think ww2 is probably only really going to continue in a large way in stratagy and grand stratagy gaming as there you can largely make your own ww2 which was something you could never do in an FPS.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Loved playing cod 2 at my friends house on his 2 pcs. Just lying in rubble for half an hour to get a shot at each other :D

Advertisement