Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Apprentice - Episode 9

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭missbelle

Lapin wrote: »
    Bill's receptionist has the easiest job in tv.

I can picture her at home in front of the mirror for hours pracitcing her lines.

You - can - go - in - now

You can go in now

You can go in now

You can go in now

You can go in now

YOU CAN GO IN NOW

Hello? Yes Bill? Yes, Bill. Thank you Bill.
    :cool:

PS RIP Hannah, poor girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

I take it Chris will be getting a toy car has his present.

He might need to win the lotto first!

RIP Hannah.

Ya you'd wonder if any of them be hired the way bill is talking they seem a little dire? Are they good enough for bill? Though the board room episodes are getting better and more entertaining each week though!

So long to the Chris Show!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Just caught up now. Delighted he's gone! He's *suuuuch* a tool.

So sad about that poor girl. Really does put it all into perspective :(

Chris still talking shyte on the you been fired show. Will he give it a rest. He just couldn't be gone off the tv fast enough!

Keep on walking Chris! I have never known a man to love himself more than Chris!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭one4one

If dead from the arse up or even dead from the arse down I'd advise keeping watching TV3. The program that's on now may touch on that topic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Just watching the catch up now, lmao at Jackie oldest lady wearing the shortest skirt ..... / wretches :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,478 ✭✭✭Heroditas

doovdela wrote: »
    Thanks be to God, Chris has finally gone. Bye Bye Chris! So long, he just run out road and obviously not the person that Bill wanted to be a partner with. Chris is far too tactile and played dirty tactics. Didn't make an effort to be friendly might back up people when needed but at the same time he will be cut throat and stick the knife in when he sees fit.

He all talk and no action! Haven't seen any results from him at all nothing amazing if anything he was a coaster! He should have been fired long ago!

I think you might mean "tactical".
    I wouldn't want Chris to be too tactile near me. *shudder* :pac:

Do they even read the brief though? They often get the concept wrong or just off with the campaign.

Think two people could be fired next week?!

Rooting for Maurice or Noel to win!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭patmac

Two good ideas in 2 weeks what's going on, still the dire presentation and the terrible radio ad brought it down to it's usual standard, and the obligatory rubbish-comedian-I've-never-heard-or-wish-to-again in the after show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭slick89

Yeah, probably has to be a double firing next week so there'll only be two left for the last week just before christmas!

In all fairness the tasks are do-able and a little easier than last year. They need to start reading the brief properly and understand it. Not just what Bill wants, what the campaign wants, what is expected but if they get do more beyond expectations and get it right get the concept and campaign nailed or close enough for the requirements being met they could do so well.

They are great on paper but have they really made an impact though?
    Maurice, Noel and Conor have been a lot more consistent and true to themselves as well as bringing something to the table. They have ideas and work hard and have proved them selves to an extent but seriously though they need to up their game and start playing to win and show what they got that will make Bill go into partnership!

So what if its based on their business idea he might be basing it on but at the same time if they don't perform well enough in the areas they are experts and most skilled and pitch themselves properly then what will bill do he won't choose someone that doesn't reach a high standard or at least show off what they can do by performing well in the tasks relevant to their experience and expertise.

The tasks they have been asked to do haven't been too bad like just that they aren't getting it!! They need to improve and up their stakes as the stakes is high. As bill said they could miss out on an opportunity the way they are going. The pressure of it is obviously de-railing their judgement!?

Looking forward to the interview session if they do that this year.

slick89 wrote: »
    Yeah, probably has to be a double firing next week so there'll only be two left for the last week just before christmas!

In the UK version this year, there were 4 left in the final week because the series finished with them being interviewed about their business plans.
    It might be the same for the Irish version.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Hersheys

Did anyone see when the receptionist told them to go into the boardroom last night? She was only checking her gmail!

Hersheys wrote: »
    Did anyone see when the receptionist told them to go into the boardroom last night? She was only checking her gmail!

Isn't that what most receptionists spend their day doing anyway? :pac:

doovdela wrote: »

Rooting for Maurice or Noel to win!!

Noel is so funny when he lets loose in the boardroom :D
    I'd say one or both of the girls will be in the final :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,928 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

calex71 wrote: »
    lmao at Jackie oldest lady wearing the shortest skirt ..... / wretches :(

Crikey, a sight for sore eyes lol

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭Luis21

To be honest I'm finding it harder and harder to watch.

Yer man Conor is a complete plank and is only still in it because he's so bad he's great TV.
    Jackie should really cover up as its hard to keep the dinner down looking at her.

Bill comes across as a horrible person.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Dearg81

You wont have to put up with it for much longer as its been axed by tv3 for next year.

Dearg81 wrote: »
    You wont have to put up with it for much longer as its been axed by tv3 for next year.

Not really surprised by that news. The writing was on the wall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Pity cause I have watched it from the start:(

I never took to this new concept of going in to business with Bill's money & your idea, I always preferred the "be an employee of Bill's" job! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Professor Knowall

I have worked with Joanne. She is good at selling herself but does not get anything done. We had to re write press releases and she sent things to the newspapers with errors. She also charged us for work that we did ourselves. She charged my company thousands for what any of us could have achieved in a couple of hours with a few phone calls. She also jumped into nearly all of our press photos on the day.

This hideous woman must be stopped. The sooner she is out, the better.

I still have the file as proof, and could call on another company who had the sam
    e experience with her.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

I have worked with Joanne. She is good at selling herself but does not get anything done. We had to re write press releases and she sent things to the newspapers with errors. She also charged us for work that we did ourselves. She charged my company thousands for what any of us could have achieved in a couple of hours with a few phone calls. She also jumped into nearly all of our press photos on the day.

I still have the file as proof, and could call on another company who had the sam
    e experience with her.

I haven't been watching this year but after looking her up on the TV3 website, I have actually met her myself in a work context too.

We had met a few different companies for a proposed website, and herself and her buddy were the pushiest by far. It was a joke, it was like "so we'll have that ready for ye in a couple of months so...". Sorry but we were looking for a quote not some presumption that ye have the job already. :rolleyes:

Really put us off and they were shoved to the bottom of the list. Thank Jebus we didn't go with her in the end, considering your experiences...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭StephenHendry

i'd say it will be joanne v sandra or joanne v noel. i would like noel to win it. I heard that the programme is going to be scrapped by tv3 ?

I heard that the programme is going to be scrapped by tv3 ?

It is indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

e experience with her.

Why did you pay her if she didn't provide the service that you agreed? Why didn't you have a quick word to keep her out of the photos?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Diarmsquid

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 mmm76

Dilbert75 wrote: »
    Just been watching the Junior Apprentice on BBC1 - any one of those 16 year olds would be a far better bet than this crowd. They must be the most truly hopeless bunch...

Couldn't agree more.The 16 yr olds had more cop on on than the crowd on the main show.

Advertisement