Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shipping your console to a modder?

Options
  • 28-11-2011 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭

Just a thought for a thread - post up your recommendations here for couriers for console shipping :)

Up until now I've recommended Wiseloads who would post a 360 for €12.10 in the original box, and roughly €14 in a slightly oversized box.

However, I remember using a GLS Parcel Shop a few years ago for a particularly heavy box with small dimensions and loved the fact they charge by size and not weight (up to max 30kg). So today I sized up a Slim box, it came in as a Small box so postage to anywhere is Ireland is only €8. The only downside is you've to bring your box to them (no pickup service) but considering they've got over 150 Parcel Shops there's good odds there's one close by, my nearest one is around the corner from work :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Just a thought for a thread - post up your recommendations here for couriers for console shipping :)

Up until now I've recommended Wiseloads who would post a 360 for €12.10 in the original box, and roughly €14 in a slightly oversized box.

However, I remember using a GLS Parcel Shop a few years ago for a particularly heavy box with small dimensions and loved the fact they charge by size and not weight (up to max 30kg). So today I sized up a Slim box, it came in as a Small box so postage to anywhere is Ireland is only €8. The only downside is you've to bring your box to them (no pickup service) but considering they've got over 150 Parcel Shops there's good odds there's one close by, my nearest one is around the corner from work :)

Wiseloads are great they aren't too fussed on the size as long as its not a monster they'll charge €12.10

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

justryan wrote: »
    Wiseloads are great they aren't too fussed on the size as long as its not a monster they'll charge €12.10

Ah, that's not too bad. Some people might want to pay the €4 extra for a pickup, I'll be using the Parcel Shop though because it's just as handy for me :D

If anybody has any more carriers they can recommend (e.g. for PS3) then fire away, resource threads are always good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jimbobjoeyman

I just keep it as simple as possible for people.
    Most people are too lazy to organize a courier

An post €12 tracked or €15 to have it insured I leave that option up to them.
    dosent get any easier

Never had any problems so far anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭joker@

Citypost Ireland 11.99e up to 20kg or similar who will beat this offer?Free collection from sender etc.

Not going to recommend Wiseloads anymore after an experience today. I placed an order for collection this morning at 11am from Dublin City Centre. They say same-day collection if order placed before 12pm. It's 6pm now, the box is beside me; no collection is happening today. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

Not going to recommend Wiseloads anymore after an experience today. I placed an order for collection this morning at 11am from Dublin City Centre. They say same-day collection if order placed before 12pm. It's 6pm now, the box is beside me; no collection is happening today. :mad:

tv should i ring joe duffy or will you lol

massy086 wrote: »
    tv should i ring joe duffy or will you lol

If you're going to shill me a service (same-day collection), you better live up to it. Simple principle tbh ;)

Advertisement