Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ever Second Guess a Tattoo?

Options
  • 28-11-2011 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all.

Have one tat already (about 18 months ago), always been delighted with it.

I'm booked in for my second tat in March 2012 with Remis. It's for my Granny - but she's not dead :) I knew that I'd want a tattoo to remind me of her, and I don't want to wait until she's gone, so she's helped me pick it out.

I've chosen to get it done on my chest, (top of left pectoral) as I want to keep my arms for half or full sleeves of grey work.

However, recently I've been quite worried as to whether I'll dislike the placement of the tattoo - I'm just not sure if I want a chest piece.

Has anyone experienced this doubt? And any tips on how to deal with it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Just think about it for a while and make 100% sure you'll be happy with the placement. Think of any other places you might want it on your body and see if you'd be happy with it on those places.

I think everyone has gone through this before as it's all part and parcel of going for a tattoo. At the end of the day it's your body and your tattoo so be definite in the placement :)

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Viva La Gloria

Yeah, I think you can nearly spend just as much time deciding on the design as you do figuring out where to put the damn thing! Maybe have a google at some chest pieces and see if you like them, I think that's the closest thing to an idea of what it'll look like that you're going to get. Is it a portrait you're getting?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Yeah, I think you can nearly spend just as much time deciding on the design as you do figuring out where to put the damn thing! Maybe have a google at some chest pieces and see if you like them, I think that's the closest thing to an idea of what it'll look like that you're going to get. Is it a portrait you're getting?

No, it's a Goldfinch bird that my gran has chosen as she loves them. probably with a background of some sort, I've to decide that with her.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Viva La Gloria

No, it's a Goldfinch bird that my gran has chosen as she loves them. probably with a background of some sort, I've to decide that with her.

Awh that sounds really nice. I'd say something like that would look great as a chest piece :)

Advertisement