Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gladioli question

Options
  • 28-11-2011 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭

My clumps of gladioli spikes are still standing tall and proud long after flowering. Should I let them die off naturally? I've no problem leaving them indefinitely except that I have some spring bulbs planted in the same area which I want to see at their best.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,076 ✭✭✭Dan man

My clumps of gladioli spikes are still standing tall and proud long after flowering. Should I let them die off naturally? I've no problem leaving them indefinitely except that I have some spring bulbs planted in the same area which I want to see at their best.

They should be away by the time your spring bulbs begin to spurt up, but you can indeed cut them if you wish. They should have built up a good store of energy by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Hesh's Umpire

Thanks - I'd say any dacent bit of frost will take of them anyway!

Advertisement