Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flanagans furniture mount merrion

Options
  • 28-11-2011 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭

Anyone having trouble with Flanagans on orders?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Can you please provide more detail on the specific Consumer Issue at hand?

Thanks - dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭redman

I have found a report on google that they are apparently in liquidation. I have a deposit with them for undelivered furniture. I paid at the
    Mount merrion store which only has a sign of ' store closed' no liquidator info

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 donegalnordie

yes Flanagans have gone into liquidation. I spoke to the relatives up north and all 7 stores around the country have closed. They apparently owe somewhere in the region of 11 million euros.... a lot of ppl had paid deposits and have simply lost them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 donegalnordie

which is also a shame as they were truly a family business for the last 53 odd years and not one of these chains that popped up over the last 10yrs because there happen to be a boom and credit was cheap........

• Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

I can confirm they've gone out of business, I used to work there myself and have been talking to the ex-staff over the past week about it. In order to get deposits/payments refunded I'd guess you'll need to contact the liquidator directly, though I have no idea how to do that myself!

If I get any more info I will update :)

• Advertisement

redman wrote: »
    I have found a report on google that they are apparently in liquidation. I have a deposit with them for undelivered furniture. I paid at the
    Mount merrion store which only has a sign of ' store closed' no liquidator info

Did you pay by credit card, or by cash?

If you paid by credit card, it may be possible to initiate a chargeback with your credit card provider.

shellyboo wrote: »
    I can confirm they've gone out of business, I used to work there myself and have been talking to the ex-staff over the past week about it. In order to get deposits/payments refunded I'd guess you'll need to contact the liquidator directly, though I have no idea how to do that myself!

If I get any more info I will update :)

Thanks , if you could get the liquidators details that would be useful.
    I bought from them before a real shame.

dudara wrote: »
    Did you pay by credit card, or by cash?

If you paid by credit card, it may be possible to initiate a chargeback with your credit card provider.

Yes thankfully a credit card but no furniture for Christmas and we took a long time to find the right pieces....very sad for the staff ...amazed there is so little in media on it

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭sligono1

i live near their sligo store it closed on saturday the 19th it was on the cards as the leading to the close they were selling stuff for cash cheap and alot of people having bother with delivery dates for items that were ordered and deposits handed over

Still trying to get a liquidator name or at least a name of their supplier of their oak tables ........

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

Still trying to get a liquidator name or at least a name of their supplier of their oak tables ........

http://www.donegaldaily.com/2011/11/22/flanagans-furniture-owner-there-is-nothing-i-can-do-for-people-owed-money/

Dated 22nd November.
    Mr Flanagan said if people contacted his store by letter, he would pass the letters on to the liquidator.

It is hoped that this liquidator will be appointed in the coming days.

Samba wrote: »

Yes saw that I understand the Liquidator was in there on Friday last too, but I want direct contact with Liquidator NOT through Mr. Flanagan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

Yes saw that I understand the Liquidator was in there on Friday last too, but I want direct contact with Liquidator NOT through Mr. Flanagan

Then I would suggest contacting them formally, in writing, and you can enquire about the tables at the same time. Use registered post.

Samba wrote: »
    Then I would suggest contacting them formally, in writing, and you can enquire about the tables at the same time. Use registered post.

I do want to contact them formally that is why I want the Liquidators details!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Little Miss *

Hi,
    I think the liquidator is David Carson of Deloitte, unfortunetly I do not have a contact number.

Hope this helps.

The main switch number for Deloitte is (01) 417 2200. Ring the switch and look for the liquidations section c/o David Carson.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 shakerbaker

I heard on the radio Deloitte are doing a liquidation sale in Flanagans in Buncrana starting this Friday 24th. I missed the Mount Merrion sale, was anyone at it??? was it good???:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11 oldperson

I too would like to know if the sale in Buncrana which started today is worth going to.

Over a number of years we've been very pleased with the furniture we've bought from Flanagans but we have quite a journey to get to Buncrana so don't really want to go there if there is nothing much left.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 negative equity

Hey good news for anyone who may have been stung by Flanagans when they closed the mount merrion branch. I went out to their new store in bray and cornered Peter Flanagan about a bed I ordered and paid 50% deposit for by cash but never recieved. after about 30 minutes of him telling me he could'nt do anything for me as this Flanagans was a *new* flanagans and as such was not responsible for my loss, he finally relented and agreed as a "good will gesture" he gave me a 50% discount off a similar bed he had on display. so the moral of the story is do'nt give up - give them as hard a time as they gave their customers when they closed up. PS the closure of the mount merrion shop has'nt seemed to have affected Peter Flanagan, still dressed in the best of clothes and looking well holidayed. anyway the best of luck to anyone who wants to go out to bray and embarrass them into giving you what you are due. PS the louder you are the better your chances.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 minirolo

Is it safe to buy from their online store? TIA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69,075 ✭✭✭✭L1011

minirolo wrote: »
    Is it safe to buy from their online store? TIA

Different company now. Just apply the same rules as you would with any online service - pay by credit card to allow a chargeback if needed.

Zombie thread - closed

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement