Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help needed

Options
  • 28-11-2011 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭

Hi

Hoping someone can advise me here…I’m currently working for a large freight forwarder but based on site at a manufacturing plant, I’ve developed an interest in the work the materials dept. of this company does and was wondering what is the best evening college course to pursue to try and get into this?
    The Irish Institute of Purchasing and Materials Management offer two certificate courses (purchasing fundamentals or warehouse and supply)
    Does anyone know what line of work each of these courses are aimed at?
    I want to try and get out of the freight/logistics games and more into purchasing /procurement

Someone from the materials dept of the company I work for told me IIPMM are the best for purchasing course, but is there any other collages that are IIPMM accredited?

Hope someone can help with this, I’m a complete novice really and have not thought about a evening course in a long time

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Anyone able to help here?

or would anyone know if there is a somewhere i can get advice on this (free career / college course advice website or phone number)

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭niallers1

IIPMM is really the way to go. Most companies look for this.

Advertisement