Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a recording studio?

Options
  • 28-11-2011 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi, I'm looking to buy a few hours in a recording studio as a gift. A fun experience is more important than a finished product, we are not trying to get into the music business. I don't know much about it, so I would be really grateful for any recommendations or advice.

Must be near Cork city and low budget.
    Only the bare minimum Producer / Sound engineer services required.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Without a doubt Tony Hunter in Freedom Studio. He's in Turners Cross, and is (AFAIK) the only certified ProTools engineer in Ireland. I've done some recording work with him, the guy's a gent and totally laid back. At least call into him for a coffee and a chat he'll show you the setup and play you some sample work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 thatscrazytalk

There are many certified protools engineers in Ireland. I myself am one and I know a good few more.

Advertisement