Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

JPEGs to PDFs

• 28-11-2011 6:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 258 ✭✭

Hey there, I was hoping someone here might be able to help me out.

I have some really big JPEGs of newspaper pages (consisting of two or three pages all in the one JPEG, side by side) and I need to put them in a PDF format for an important proposal.

The JPEG files are in the 10mb range and great for reading actually, but apparently it has to be PDFs...

So does anyone know the handiest/best way to convert these? I tried a couple of the free online tools, but they either left a watermark and/or the quality of the PDF was crap.

Appreciate any help!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I use bullzip PDF printer and find it fine, tis free too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 108 ✭✭qpd

There is no point whatsoever in converting a jpg to a pdf.
    They are most likely requesting pdfs because they want print ready artwork (which a jpg isn't) or they want to be able to extract content from the pdf... again they can't copy and paste text from a jpg...

If you can't source an actual pdf from the original artwork then just send the jpgs as they are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 258 ✭✭southofnowhere

Thanks ScumLord, I'll have a look.

No, they are just work samples they need to read qpd. No need to extract any content or do anything with them other than read them.

I can send PDFs, but that would mean individual PDFs of page 8 and page 9 for example. They look and read better when together and someone put them together for me... as JPEGs (why not PDFs, cos he doesn't have the Adobe software required I guess).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

You could get OpenOffice, insert 'picture' and export as PDF.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Thanks ScumLord, I'll have a look.

No, they are just work samples they need to read qpd. No need to extract any content or do anything with them other than read them.

I can send PDFs, but that would mean individual PDFs of page 8 and page 9 for example. They look and read better when together and someone put them together for me... as JPEGs (why not PDFs, cos he doesn't have the Adobe software required I guess).
    You can change the settings on the PDF so it's big enough for the whole JPG file. It's just the same as changing the page options when printing something. I've made PDFs a metre long with Bullzip.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭unnameduser

ScumLord wrote: »
    I use bullzip PDF printer and find it fine, tis free too.

Cutepdf and pdf creator are excellent also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 108 ✭✭qpd

Hi south, if you have the original PDFs I can sort you out tonight or first thing in the morning providing you with an actual Pdf file rather than just a jpg within a PDF. I'll pm you an email address, you can send on (with instructions) if you like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 258 ✭✭southofnowhere

Got sorted out this morning thanks to the kindness and expertise of qpd. I really must educate myself in the ways of Adobe. So much software, so little time!

Advertisement