Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decent Mechanic in Maynooth

Options
  • 28-11-2011 6:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭

I seem to be having a bad run of luck with my car and it badly needs some TLC. ANyone know of any decent mechanics in the Maynooth area that won't rob me blind. Exoecting it to be a fiarly costly job as it is ... :(
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Curlz24

Dave in RE Auto-0876371111
    Have used his dad for years and since his dad semi retired I have been using Dave for the last 4 years with 2 services per year,Very honest and wouldn't do anything with ok first and has gone out of his way to help me on many occasions .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

I've used Niall Levey many times. Excellent mechanic and reasonable cost. PM me if you want his number.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

Orion wrote: »
    I've used Niall Levey many times. Excellent mechanic and reasonable cost. PM me if you want his number.

I would have to strongly disagree with this (wont go into detail... but will mention I'm very close to contacting my solicitor)

I have been given two recommendations one in Enfield and the other on the trim road (somewhere)

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭WestWing

Try ADF Motors in Maynooth Business Campus.

http://www.goldenpages.ie/adf-motors-maynooth/1/

I've used them on a couple of occasions and they seemed fairly reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

OP , what sort of car is it ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Daidy2011

I would have to agree with Curlz24. I have been using Dave for the past 5 years and I would not have a bad word to say about the professional and honest service I have received from him in that time.

As Curlz24 has said, if he finds something additional that may need to be done to your car, he will contact you, tell you what it is, give you an estimated cost and get your approval before proceeding.

His pricing is also very reasonable given the quality of his work and the service he provides.

In addition, if you live in or around Maynooth, he also provides and pick up and delivery service at no extra charge.

I have recommended him to a number of my friends and they have continued to use him, which I guess speaks volumes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,673 ✭✭✭Trampas

I am going to Re-Auto next week as was recommended to use him from a person who has been around this area for years. Car is been picked up on the day so will report back.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭TonyStark

Orion wrote: »

Seconded on this. Decent and helpful chap.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭SQ2

Curlz24 wrote: »
    Dave in RE Auto-0876371111
    Have used his dad for years and since his dad semi retired I have been using Dave for the last 4 years with 2 services per year,Very honest and wouldn't do anything with ok first and has gone out of his way to help me on many occasions .

Dave is a mechanical genius. In the very best of hands there.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Tango One

I find Lee at Azure Automotive Services great and very reasonable
    083 370 9145. He is a mobile mechanics which is handy as he comes and picked the car up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,673 ✭✭✭Trampas

Got my car serviced this week with Re-Auto and no complaints.

No bull from them. Car didn't need a few things which most garages do without even looking and just do it to bump up the price.

Cheapest service I have ever got.

Will be back

Advertisement