Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HDip Primary Teaching Medical Cert

• 28-11-2011 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

I am going to apply for the H.Dip for primary school teaching. I have a back injury, for over two years. I understand that you must pass a medical as part of the entry requirements. My question is will my back injury prevent me from becoming a teacher? I am currently doing office work, so I am not on disability. What does the medical entail?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

When starting the undergrad in Mary I all I had to do was fill in a long health survey... I had no health issues though, so I'm not sure what it would involve in your case.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 irishsabs

jestfest don't get too worried about it. I had 2 slipped discs with a trapped nerve in my lower back. when i completed the medical questionnaire I just filled in what I thought was relevant and was referred to a doctor for physical.. He examined me and just said he couldn't see how it would interfere with me being a teacher.
    Just ask yourself, have you had to take alot of sick days from work due to your back? If no, then go for it! Best of Luck!!! :)

Advertisement