Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC compatible wireless router

• 28-11-2011 6:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm just after becoming a UPC customer, but I didn't order the wireless router off them at time of ordering. I just rang customer care and they said they won't sell me one after that, but that any one in a shop will work like netgear, belkin, etc.

I'm completely new to all this so could someone please point me in the right direction here! I just want it to work with one pc and my Xbox 360. I've looked at Argos website and had a look in Tesco but I'm completely clueless and I don't want to end up with wrong one as it might not be returnable.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

You either want a wireless accept point that you plug directly into the router you presently have or a wireless router set to bridge mode connected directly to the router UPC gave you.

Either way works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Since this is a modem only from UPC, it's most likely the Scientific Atlanta 2203 modem. This has no router option at all. What you need then is any router (not a DSL modem router). Avoid Belkin, because they're crap. Get Linksys or Netgear seems to be the most commonly recommended.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

jor el wrote: »
    Since this is a modem only from UPC, it's most likely the Scientific Atlanta 2203 modem. This has no router option at all. What you need then is any router (not a DSL modem router). Avoid Belkin, because they're crap. Get Linksys or Netgear seems to be the most commonly recommended.

I thought they shipped a modem to you only if you specifically asked for it? (could be wrong)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭stanley1

Advertisement