Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Picking a Grill

Options
  • 28-11-2011 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭

OK people sorry bout the odd post in a food forum but since its to do with food I thought I'd ask. The wife is hinting for a healthy grill thing of a jig for Xmas something like a George Foreman type and since I have never used one before what would be the best out there,? something with a decent size grill plate. I reckon a price up to 120 euro should get a pretty decent one.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

George Foreman grill and griddle very handy. Traditional part of George plus a part to do eggs tomatoes mushrooms etc. I got 1 for 90e

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭darlett

My local Lidl has a couple of variations on grills in at the moment, one of them thats not too far off a foreman in that you can cook both sides at once. At 25 to 35 euro it may not be what you have in mind but they re interesting. And if they re too small you could buy 2-3 of them with your budget and still have cash for steaks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭darlett

My local (cavan) Lidl has a couple of variations on grills in at the moment one of them thats not too far off a foreman in that you can cook both sides at once. At 25 to 35 euro it may not be what you have in mind but they re interesting. And if they re too small you could buy 2-3 of them with your budget and still have cash for steaks :D

EDIT: Of course if its purely as a gift for your wife for christmas, sourcing it from lidl may be grounds for separation...

Advertisement