Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Making a movie in windows live movie maker

• 28-11-2011 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi there. Hope this is in the right forum.

As the title suggests, I'm trying to put a movie together using windows live movie maker. I haven't done this in a while, so much so that I a) didn't realise windows 7 doesn't come with movie maker pre loaded and b) that it's now windows live movie maker and not the previous version I was used to.

So anyway, I'm trying to import a series of videos. I converted them to quicktime as real player wasn't supported. I have some of them on my timeline but when I try to play my video so far, the screen remains black for some of them and neither the sound nor the picture comes up, or else there is a delay and eventually the video shows. My question is, is this normal? Should I rock on and finish my project or try fix this problem now? If I were to convert to CD now, would these errors come up? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Download and install the k-lite codec pack. It could be a case of missing codecs.

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/k_lite_codec_pack.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 10 mevc123

Thanks so much for your super quick and helpful reply!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

mevc123 wrote: »
    Thanks so much for your super quick and helpful reply!

Hold your horses there, see if it works first! :pac:

It's perfect, thanks so much was starting to tear my hair out here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

mevc123 wrote: »
    Hi there. Hope this is in the right forum.

As the title suggests, I'm trying to put a movie together using windows live movie maker. I haven't done this in a while, so much so that I a) didn't realise windows 7 doesn't come with movie maker pre loaded and b) that it's now windows live movie maker and not the previous version I was used to.

So anyway, I'm trying to import a series of videos. I converted them to quicktime as real player wasn't supported. I have some of them on my timeline but when I try to play my video so far, the screen remains black for some of them and neither the sound nor the picture comes up, or else there is a delay and eventually the video shows. My question is, is this normal? Should I rock on and finish my project or try fix this problem now? If I were to convert to CD now, would these errors come up? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

use virtualdub (free) to convert videos into a compatible format that live movie maker uses

• Advertisement

Thanks for that tip, got sorted happy days!

Advertisement