Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lenovo ThinkPad E320 Laptop - €386

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Dr Nic

Where do you see that price?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,979 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

docentore wrote: »
    Nice laptop, bought few of them for my job for €407 (discounted from €813).

Just noticed that there is sale going until today midnight and the laptop can be bought for €346.

Specs:
    13.3" LED Screen
    Intel Pentium Dual Core B950M Processor (2.1GHz, 2MB L3, 1333MHz)
    2gb RAM
    320gb hdd
    up to 9hrs battery life!.

I had one in my hands and they're sweet.

http://shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/controller/e/ieweb/LenovoPortal/en_IE/catalog.workflow:item.detail?GroupID=240&Code=E320GOOD&category-id=20C116F31AE96BBD2D61F08D6BBD30D0
    If it was at €813 it was a rip off. Paying that price for only 2 gig of ram, 320gb hdd and an Intel hd graphics card. The €346 price does not come up and I am still not sure if it can be counted as a bargain alert.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Lenovo always set ridiculous RRPs and "reduce" it to make it appear as if you're saving a ridiculous sum of money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Your local Euronics store is doing Toshibas with 4gig ram,printer and laptop case for €399

http://www.euronics.ie/offers.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

Dr Nic wrote: »
    Where do you see that price?
    If you apply the coupon CYBERWEEKEND15 at checkout, you get an additional 15% discount bringing it from €407 to €346.

This coupon expires tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

zerks wrote: »
    Your local Euronics store is doing Toshibas with 4gig ram,printer and laptop case for €399

http://www.euronics.ie/offers.html

with amd e300 cpu. No offence, AMD makes good cpu's, but you can't compare low-voltage cpu to full dual core. Also have a look at weight size etc. Lenovo works up to 9hrs on battery and weights 1.7kg!
    This is not apples for apples.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Kopy

Anyonr know would this laptop run Football Manager 2012 ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

docentore wrote: »
    with amd e300 cpu. No offence, AMD makes good cpu's, but you can't compare low-voltage cpu to full dual core. Also have a look at weight size etc. Lenovo works up to 9hrs on battery and weights 1.7kg!
    This is not apples for apples.
    The man speaks sense, in fairness.

The CPU in that toshiba has a benchmark of about 600 (Which is pathetic in 2011, tbh..), whereas the cpu in the lenovo has a benchmark of about 2000, really not comparable at all..

Whats more, thinkpads are really well built laptops and i would definitely pay a price premium over a basic consumer grade laptop like that toshiba, that for €350 would make for a very nice purchase, the cost of upgrading that RAM would be small( Lenovo laptops are often light on RAM for some reason...)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭geecee

Ordered one of these a few minutes ago for a present using teh lenove site and their digital river payment site...

Didn't get any confirmation number or e-mail yet...

Did anyone else order and if so did you get any order confirmation?

geecee wrote: »
    Ordered one of these a few minutes ago for a present using teh lenove site and their digital river payment site...

Didn't get any confirmation number or e-mail yet...

Did anyone else order and if so did you get any order confirmation?

I got confirmation next day. It took them around a week to get the laptop to me, they are built to order.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭geecee

They said confirmation might take 24 hours... but thought it was unusual that they gave no order confirmation at all!

But thanks for the info... thought i might have spelled my e-mail incorrectly!

geecee wrote: »
    They said confirmation might take 24 hours... but thought it was unusual that they gave no order confirmation at all!

But thanks for the info... thought i might have spelled my e-mail incorrectly!

no worries. Like I've said I ordered few for my job and got them recently, just noticed the extra discount.

They are nice machines, specially for this price. I regret that I dont have any spare cash myself

Advertisement