Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spurs V PAOK Wednesday

Options
  • 28-11-2011 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭

So we are playing wednesday for some reason but at least it's an extra day between the two games.
    I don't know if Pav is injured or not but if he is great opportunity for Kane to start with Sandro and Carroll in the middle.

Cudicini
    Charlie--Gallas--Bassong--Rose

Gio---Sandro--Carroll--Pienaar

Kane--Defoe

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Technically its the same time between the games as we are playing Saturday and not Sunday ;)

As far as the game is concerned, its a tricky one and all depends on how much Harry really wants to advance from the group. If he plays a total reserve team and we fail to win we are in trouble of not advancing, but on the otherhand if he plays a stronger team he risks injuries for the weekend. It's a catch twenty two really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Now that I think about it, he will probably load the bench with Modric, Adebayor etc. just in case we need a goal or two. COYS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

The premiership needs to be our priority, I'd not risk starting some of the big guns in case of injury but have them there if needed

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I'm the same, stick with the reserves. If they get us through it's great for them and if we get knocked out I won't loose any sleep. Priority has got to be the league ATM.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,742 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

I agree with the OP's suggested team.

Sandro, Gallas, Charlie and Pienarr all need the game time and Defoe should play and score against a weak defense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭bogtreader

Is it on the telly does anyone know its not on TV3 or 3e ITV 3 or 4 maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Hearvee

bogtreader wrote: »
    Is it on the telly does anyone know its not on TV3 or 3e ITV 3 or 4 maybe

It's on Setanta Ireland and Channel 5
    http://liveonsat.com/LJ_foot_uefa_europa.php

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

think itv 4 have birmingham

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

So we are playing wednesday for some reason but at least it's an extra day between the two games.
    I don't know if Pav is injured or not but if he is great opportunity for Kane to start with Sandro and Carroll in the middle.

Cudicini
    Charlie--Gallas--Bassong--Rose

Gio---Sandro--Carroll--Pienaar

Kane--Defoe

Is Rose not still injured? Townsend will probably start if Rose is out. Would like to see Townsend get a run on the wing but needs must and all that.

The likes of Gallas, Pienaar, Sandro and Defoe will be needed over the Christmas period so it's important to get a few games into them. That said I would not risk Defoe and Sandro here if VDV and Modric are doubts for Bolton.

I like that team though. It would be good to see how Carroll and Kane get on with an experienced team around them. It's hard to judge youngsters when you throw five or six of them into the side together.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭terrymccarthy05

What about Livermore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Anto12

Think he'll play Pav instead of JD and hold JD back for the game at the weekend .. all depends if Harry is going to play Raffa at the weekend .. COYS !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Anto12 wrote: »
    Think he'll play Pav instead of JD and hold JD back for the game at the weekend .. all depends if Harry is going to play Raffa at the weekend .. COYS !!!!
    Pav and Gio struggling t be fit at the moment

Only Defoe looks like starting tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 9,742 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Pav injured. Townsend headbutted his Knee.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Pav injured. Townsend headbutted his Knee.

Haha that's brilliant. It's like in rugby where someone gouges another player and you hear people joking that his eyes made contact with the players hand.

Here's our team v PAOK - Gomes; Corluka, Bassong, Gallas, Rose; Lennon, Livermore, Modric, Pienaar; Defoe, Kane.

Strong team

And here are our subs tonight - Cudicini, Fredericks, Walker, Bale, Carroll, Falque, Townsend.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭nipps

wasnt expectin that strong a team, didnt tink modric or lennon wud start. hopefully defoe bags a few 2nite:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Should be interesting to see Defoe play off Kane... COYS!

Very surprised to see Modric and Lennon start, but hopefully we'll be a few up after 60 minutes and can take them off. Plus, Modric didn't play at the weekend so it will keep him sharp.

Better camera angle tonight too - up nice and high.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭larry1

Scumbag disrespectful fans.. Let's give them a hiding and send them home to their penniless country

• Advertisement

Gallas, WTF?!:mad:

Wow, shocking defending. Brutal.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭larry1

Shocker :eek:

larry1 wrote: »
    penniless country

Pot / Kettle

Holy ****!! These guys can play. We're so off the pace it's unreal! That was a really great goal.

Charlie, WTF?!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

terrible start. our defence is in bits. corluka is the slowest professional ive ever seen

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭nipps

jaysus!! corluka is sh1te!!!! no pace watsoever

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭bradolf pittler

get modric,lennon and defoe off now and look forward to stress free midweeks until next season

• Advertisement

Get Walker on, quick!

Advertisement