Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spurs V PAOK Wednesday

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭larry1

Gallas & Bassong need some more time at the lodge :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

The ref is a mug.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Crazy decision by the ref

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭bogtreader

How PAOK fans are at this match they are fairly noisy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I don't think it's going to happen for us tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭DamienKilmurray

tippspur wrote: »
    I don't think it's going to happen for us tonight.

it`s beginning to look that way

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

One of the worst refereeing performances I've witnessed. Awful.

Brutal refereeing

Right.. Let's get on with winning that league title now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Very disappointing, we got what we deserved anyways. Harry did not want to qualify from the start. Onwards and upwards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

So pi$$ed off!! Shocking ref.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Crap! good as out of the comp now I'd say.

tippspur wrote: »
    Crap! good as out of the comp now I'd say.

Yupp looks that way, only the FA cup left now to bring in some silverware ( being realistic about winning the league)

Wonder what kinda team will be fielded in Tallaght next week..

Disapointed with the result, especially at home, but we lost that game in the first 20 minutes. We were terrible. They defended brilliantly though you have to say.

Brutal defending in the first half only ourselves to blame really
    They defended well to be fair
    FA cup please

Hope Harry plays a half decent team in Dublin, although I could see him sending the kids over now.

One thing tonight showed is that some of our fringe players are not up to it or not hungry enough when given their chance. Players such as Corluka Bassong and Pienaar were just not good enough and that is worrying if we pick up injuries in certain areas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

We beat Bolton on Sat and europa league footie will be well forgotten

Bolton is our big one not tonight.

BERBA wrote: »
    We beat Bolton on Sat and europa league footie will be well forgotten

Bolton is our big one not tonight.

Very true, but getting eliminated from any competition is disappointing in fairness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Disappointing result but a deserved one solely for the shocking defending for their two goals. The second half was reminiscent of last season when we were missing a cutting edge. I'd be worried that an injury to Adebayor would see us back in that situation again.

Charlie, Gallas, Bassong and Pienaar looked off the pace, Rose didn't look anything like an option at LB, Livermore looked his usual average self.

Still a chance of qualifying as PAOK are home to Rubin, but we do need a six-goal turnaround. I wouldn't be surprised to see PAOK and Rubin settle for a draw though.

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Disappointing result but a deserved one solely for the shocking defending for their two goals. The second half was reminiscent of last season when we were missing a cutting edge. I'd be worried that an injury to Adebayor would see us back in that situation again.

Charlie, Gallas, Bassong and Pienaar looked off the pace, Rose didn't look anything like an option at LB, Livermore looked his usual average self.

Still a chance of qualifying as PAOK are home to Rubin, but we do need a six-goal turnaround. I wouldn't be surprised to see PAOK and Rubin settle for a draw though.

I agree with you about a cutting edge, and that we will be short up front if Adebayor gets injured. I believe we need to get rid of Pavlyuchenko and get two strikers in. I`d love to see Cavani and Rossi come but don`t think that this type of quality will be available in January and if they are it will cost a huge amount to get that type of quality in. If we are still in touch with United and City come January, I would break the bank and try to sign a top striker, as the margins in the Premiership are slim, and a decent striker turns one point into three most of the time. I`d get rid of Bassong aswell and buy a good centre back too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Not a disaster IMHO. Sure it's a pity to go out (we are all but out) but I think if we are serious about a top 4 push then it's not the worst thing that can happen. I would have liked to see the kids push on in the competition.

Only plus side is I can see a full strength team being played in Dublin. Be great for the Rovers fans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

ziedth wrote: »
    Only plus side is I can see a full strength team being played in Dublin. Be great for the Rovers fans.

i can see the opposite happening , he'll send no one to dublin on Dec 15th what with sunderland 3 days later followed 4 days later against chelsea.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭WHL

Mr. Guappa wrote: »

I'd find it hard to disagree with any of this. I was disappointed with Lennon as well - would have expected him to tear them apart down the wing

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Players such as Corluka Bassong and Pienaar were just not good enough and that is worrying if we pick up injuries in certain areas.

Corluka and Danny Rose were particularly awful IMO. Constantly giving the ball away.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

KingdomYid wrote: »
    getting eliminated from any competition is disappointing in fairness.

Agree mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

I’d usually feel a twinge of despair by being knocked out from any competition but felt nothing last night, it's in dire need of restructuring.

Good for the kids to get a run around but I can’t imagine any senior players complaining too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

A spot in the CL qualifiers for the winners would be a good start.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Exactly, this third place in the CL gets into the EL is a heap of poo then as you said I'd the winner qualified into the group stage (even qualifying) I'd imagine teams would take it allot more seriously.

As it stands I'd be amazed if City or Chelsea don't win it.

Advertisement