Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Name labels for creche

Options
  • 28-11-2011 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭

Could anyone recommend where I could buy labels for my babys stuff when she starts creche this week? Ive seen online shops that do them but dont have the time to wait for a delivery.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭brianwalshcork

Do you really need them? I find the staff at the Creche we use seem to have an unnatural ability to remember who owns what, not only when it comes to clothes, but also bottles, lunchboxes, soothers etc.
    Also your little girl will be growing so fast she'll go through a lot of clothes, so you'll spend a lot of time sewing labels on!

Brian

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭mrsberries

Hi, yes its a requirement. They want all her clothes labelled and bags with her stuff - going to be a pain of a job :D Am looking for iron on ones for the clothes..

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭brianwalshcork

Ok, well I'm not much help to you then! I on a mobile so can't see if you've got your location on your profile, but if you post that up someone else could probably help.

You might have some luck if you try shops that sell school uniforms - I'd guess that there is a demand for name tags for uniforms etc... And if those shops don't stock them, then they'd probably be able to tell you where to get some locally - you're probably going to need lots eventually so ordering some locally for the short term and a bulk lot online would probably be the best option.

Brian

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭mrsberries

Cheers Brian.

Im in Dublin, Ill update my profile ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

I saw some in the little habdashery in a local Centra the other day, and included a fabric pen in the packet as well. I can't remember if they were iron on or sew on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭gottarun

Can you write the name or initials on the label that's already on the clothing? Use a permanent marker and do the same to underside of bottles etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

A lot of places that do school uniforms do iron-on labels as well.

Advertisement