Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What shoes you wearing now and what next?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Omega28

I think I'm going to buy the Adidas Pulse Boost HD today from Sports Direct. €72 so within budget. I'd prefer the Nike Peagus 37 but they're coming in at over €100. Also quite tempted by the Nike DownShifter 10 coming in at around €50 on the Nike site.

https://www.mandmdirect.ie/01/details/AD18848?ds_rl=1262771&ds_rl=1262771&gclid=CjwKCAjw6fCCBhBNEiwAem5SOxXW9FOQJ5Th_waj5YizJhQ79K6GiXGd-EpQ6jmb7FdZxjMc82RNbBoCKisQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Omega28 wrote: »
    I think I'm going to buy the Adidas Pulse Boost HD today from Sports Direct. €72 so within budget. I'd prefer the Nike Peagus 37 but they're coming in at over €100. Also quite tempted by the Nike DownShifter 10 coming in at around €50 on the Nike site.

https://www.mandmdirect.ie/01/details/AD18848?ds_rl=1262771&ds_rl=1262771&gclid=CjwKCAjw6fCCBhBNEiwAem5SOxXW9FOQJ5Th_waj5YizJhQ79K6GiXGd-EpQ6jmb7FdZxjMc82RNbBoCKisQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

You'll get the Pegasus 37 cheaper than 100 on Alltricks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭dave_o_brien

I'm not a light-weight gazelle of a runner, but I had a previous Down Shifter: it's not really a running shoe. Grand for the gym and can handle the odd easy 5k or whatever, but any time I tried running properly in it I felt like I was being under-served by the shoe.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

Lads - convince me on the Nike Invincible??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Bluesquare

I bought a new pair of Nike Pegasus 37 but couldn’t run in them so gave them to my son who loves them . They now seem to barely fit him but he has other nikes in a size 7 that are too big .

So my question is : are mens shoes bigger ( than ladies version in same size ) even though same size . ? I spotted an elverys sale and would like to buy him a new pair but no 7.5 in stock

• Advertisement

Just to report back - based on recommendations from the thread I bought endorphin speeds and Nike reacts .

Love the speeds so much I bought a second pair you know just in case . Sometimes I feel they are going faster than me .

The reacts I can’t wear - Nike seem to have increased the size of their shoes - they are massive and feel like two bricks . I have gone back to wearing the hoka Clifton 7 for east runs . Which is ironic as it was my problem with them that started me in this spree. Why did I ever find this thread !!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭ariana`

Bluesquare wrote: »
    I bought a new pair of Nike Pegasus 37 but couldn’t run in them so gave them to my son who loves them . They now seem to barely fit him but he has other nikes in a size 7 that are too big .

So my question is : are mens shoes bigger ( than ladies version in same size ) even though same size . ? I spotted an elverys sale and would like to buy him a new pair but no 7.5 in stock

I recently
    gave my lad a pair of my Nikes (Turbo 2), they are a women's EU40. The last pair I bought for him which still seem to fit him also are the Nike Revolution 5 in size 6/EU40. He's 11. Both seem to fit him but the women's seem a bit more snug - or else it's just he has his own pair stretched from pulling them on/off without opening the laces :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

I think womens shoes are narrower but I'm no expert.

ariana` wrote: »
    I recently
    gave my lad a pair of my Nikes (Turbo 2), they are a women's EU40. The last pair I bought for him which still seem to fit him also are the Nike Revolution 5 in size 6/EU40. He's 11. Both seem to fit him but the women's seem a bit more snug - or else it's just he has his own pair stretched from pulling them on/off without opening the laces :rolleyes:

That could be the exact issue here as well - probably the same shoe as well ! I might just sit tight for a Nike sale and get him the 7.5. He’s stopped complaining of leg soreness after runs since wearing the pegs so deffo a good investment . As long as he doesn’t cotton on to my new speeds tucked away in the closet !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭ariana`

Bluesquare wrote: »
    That could be the exact issue here as well - probably the same shoe as well ! I might just sit tight for a Nike sale and get him the 7.5. He’s stopped complaining of leg soreness after runs since wearing the pegs so deffo a good investment . As long as he doesn’t cotton on to my new speeds tucked away in the closet !

There's 20% off at the moment for members ;)

• Advertisement

ariana` wrote: »
    There's 20% off at the moment for members ;)

Thanks ? Had a look at that yesterday - it seems to be only for Nike air products ( I swear I have other things to do bar buy/look for runners to buy)

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭ssshhh123

Is tbat site alltricks leggit?

ssshhh123 wrote: »
    Is tbat site alltricks leggit?

100%. I've bought from them twice and plenty others on her without issue. My Next% early birthday present are on the way.

Any thoughts on the Adidas Pulse Boost HD?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Sacksian

skyblue46 wrote: »
    Probably because Asics launch a new line of race shoes at the end of this month.

Just saw these photos of the ASICS MetaSpeed Sky.

548094.jpeg

548095.jpeg

Unfortunately, I've barred myself from buying any more runners until I get a new pair of spikes, but looking forward to hearing what these are like.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭skyblue46

Sacksian wrote: »
    Just saw these photos of the ASICS MetaSpeed Sky.

548094.jpeg

548095.jpeg

Unfortunately, I've barred myself from buying any more runners until I get a new pair of spikes, but looking forward to hearing what these are like.

Top of my wish list :D The Magic Speed which are also new look like a budget Metaracer and would probably be worth a punt for the shorter stuff. I think they will be one of the cheaper carbon plate shoes but without the stack height of the Sky...

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭ssshhh123

100%. I've bought from them twice and plenty others on her without issue. My Next% early birthday present are on the way.

Thanks bought pair just now

• Registered Users Posts: 9,683 ✭✭✭Cartman78

I've created an account on Alltricks...just in case of any emergencies ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 31 cblanc

Cartman78 wrote: »
    I've created an account on Alltricks...just in case of any emergencies ;-)
    They have a discount code (15%) on their new running shoes. If you want it : ALLTRICKSRUN15
    I don't know how much time it's available.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭MY BAD

Lads - convince me on the Nike Invincible??

I've 65km up on my pair. Initially I found them a very different feel. They have a rocker on them that force you to land on your forefoot. I'd be a mid to forefoot striker so I felt these shoes exaggerated this so I had to sit more back into them it you know what I mean for a more comfortable transition. They are super comfortable although a little heavy for my liking. I have found the arches are causing me issues on an existing/on going injury. While I like the soft feel for recovery days I don't think I'd recommend them solely because of the issues they are causing me.

• Advertisement

Lads, I'm struggling here with a budget of no more than €100. Adidas Pulse Boost HD, SL20 or Nike Peagus. Any

Lads, I'm struggling here with a budget of no more than €100. Adidas Pulse Boost HD, SL20 or Nike Peagus. Any

What do you intend to use them for? Sessions? Every day running?

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭bifl

I was looking for some decent prices for a while now as well. Used the Alltricks info provided on this thread recently. Got pegasus 37's delivered for €102, just make sure you pick one of the ones with the RUNSPRING20 or 10 code.

Total basket : 120.00€
    Discount : 24.00€
    Shipping costs: 5.99€
    TOTAL ORDER : 101.99€

https://www.alltricks.com/C-41372-men-running-shoes/N-408714-brand~nike/N-408816-model~air-zoom-pegasus-37/N-408816-model~air-zoom-pegasus-37-premium-brs/T-113

depending on sizing I see you could get as low as €87 delivered (whihc would have done me as they now have it in 42.5, might be tempeted yet :-)

https://www.alltricks.com/F-11912-chaussures-running/P-1427833-nike_air_zoom_pegasus_37_gray_yellow_mens

What do you intend to use them for? Sessions? Every day running?

Every day running. I've only been running a little while now but the runners I'm using are very old.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,809 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Are the Nike a wide or narrow fitting. I usually wear adidas

Im starting out running and looking for something with decent support ( have a bad back) but that wont break the bank. Under 100 é would be nice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭dave_o_brien

Are the Nike a wide or narrow fitting. I usually wear adidas

Im starting out running and looking for something with decent support ( have a bad back) but that wont break the bank. Under 100 é would be nice :)

I've found the Pegasus-type models run narrower in the toe-box and the Infinity-type models run wider. Both similar in mid-foot to Adidas.

Every day running. I've only been running a little while now but the runners I'm using are very old.

I don't know anything about the Pulse boost so I won't comment on them.

The SL20 are popular with anyone I've talked to that owns them. However, of those people it's mixed in that some of them use them for sessions and others use them for easy/uptempo running.

Pegasus are typically an easy/general use runner for most people. The 37 haven't got rave reviews from anyone I've talked to. Personally I don't mind the 36. I don't own the 37.

I wouldn't over think it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Rega

Reebok RF3 arrived today. Excited, haven't worn Reebok since I was a teen.

But seriously Reebok, the trees...

Edit: These were <€100... €76 in fact.. bargain these days

Cheaper again with a code from here https://www.groupon.ie/discount-codes/reebok

I just ordered a pair for €55!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Rega wrote: »
    Cheaper again with a code from here https://www.groupon.ie/discount-codes/reebok

Any good? Read a lot of different opinions on them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,809 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Rega wrote: »

Have you a link to the shoe please?

Advertisement