Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What shoes you wearing now and what next?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 sav1

sk8board wrote: »
    Folks - What is your experience with the carbon Adizero Pro? (not the Adios)

I’m looking for a replacement for my Boston’s, for 5/10/HM time trials.
    For context, I’m a 19:30 5k / 41min 10k / 1:36 HM.
    I use Ghost 13’s for easy days and Nike Tempo for sessions.

the super shoes and endorphin speeds are impossible to find at the mo, and I’ve got 600km on my only remaining pair of Boston’s!

The adizero Pro seem to be more generally available, and always a discount somewhere.

I have a pair and I like them. I only have 76k in them so far mainly TT's.
    I would prefer them to a pair of Meta racers i also have just on a fit basis.
    Both are UK9.5 but the Adizero pro have a better lockdown i find.

I did a 5k PB 21:12 and 10K PB 44:03 in them so they didnt hold me back.

PS: I did get a pair of Endorphin speeds in Ready2run in Tullamore recently. I did another 5k TT last sunday in the speeds and PB'ed with 20:44 but I have been traing for it lately so might have gotten it in the Adizero pros too.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Sandwell

sk8board wrote: »
    Folks - What is your experience with the carbon Adizero Pro? (not the Adios)

I’m looking for a replacement for my Boston’s, for 5/10/HM time trials.
    For context, I’m a 19:30 5k / 41min 10k / 1:36 HM.
    I use Ghost 13’s for easy days and Nike Tempo for sessions.

the super shoes and endorphin speeds are impossible to find at the mo, and I’ve got 600km on my remaining pair of Boston’s.

The adizero Pro are €120 on alltricks, down from €180.

I'm just in from my first run in a pair, coincidentally, and I'm impressed so far. They're very comfortable out of the box. The upper is super light and minimal but they still feel like a shoe that would work as a daily trainer. You'd certainly notice the difference when you pick up the pace though. I was doing a couple of sets of 200m intervals just now and they felt fantastic.

If you're an Adidas fan you'll find the fit is consistent with the other models. I'd say they'd make a fine replacement for a pair of Bostons and may end up improving on them. I can't wait to run in them again which is always a good sign!

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭Rossi7

Anyone order from Elverys recently ? Only shop that stocked the Brooks Hyperion Tempo's colourway I wanted and have been waiting over a week. I have yet to get any dispatch notification and customer service has been poor

• Registered Users Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭ariana`

Rossi7 wrote: »
    Anyone order from Elverys recently ? Only shop that stocked the Brooks Hyperion Tempo's colourway I wanted and have been waiting over a week. I have yet to get any dispatch notification and customer service has been poor

I ordered from them on March 18th, I got an email to say they (Hyperion Tempos also as it happens) were dispatched on March 22nd and they arrived the 23rd! I returned them a week later and was promptly refunded. The service was very smooth.

Sorry, the 23rd - I just checked Strava, I knew I wore them the day they arrived.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭Rossi7

Cheers Ariana, I'd be surprised if Brooks keep them as their distributor considering other retailers like Lifestyle offer pretty much next day delivery. Up to 10 working days to get a pair of running shoes is a bit excessive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭skyblue46

Asics just cancelled and refunded my Metaspeed Sky order....****

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

:coo
    skyblue46 wrote: »

:cool::eek::( Why?

:coo

:cool::eek::( Why?

Either no stock, payment issue or system issue. I ordered 40 seconds after they went live and paid so I'll assume a system issue....shorthand for a fook up at their end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Omega28

What's the story with the fitting on the Adidas trainers? Very tight fitting

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Either no stock, payment issue or system issue. I ordered 40 seconds after they went live and paid so I'll assume a system issue....shorthand for a fook up at their end.

That's rubbish form alright. I'd complain and ask for first notification of new stock

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,369 ✭✭✭sk8board

Same thing happened with my Endorphin Speed from Deporvillage last month. After not shipping for 2 weeks, they were cancelled and refunded and marked out of stock again.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Treviso

Oh $hite, guess my refund is on the way so. Did they email you to confirm that?

I know Nike are the devil company, but at least they spend all the money they save on child labour on a decent level of stock and Customer support

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Omega28 wrote: »
    What's the story with the fitting on the Adidas trainers? Very tight fitting

Always size up with Adidas or go by EU size not UK.

It's a sign..... Go get the Next% ;)

All joking aside that's a balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭FinnC

Always size up with Adidas or go by EU size not UK.

I go by EU size for all runners it’s the only way to go IMO. The difference in UK sizes between brands can be huge.

It's a sign..... Go get the Next% ;)

All joking aside that's a balls.

The annoying part is that I queried the delay a few days ago and was given a profuse apology and an assurance that they were in the warehouse and would be shipped within days. Todays generic order cancellation was salt in the wound.

As for 'those shoes...no. Maybe the 361 Flame will be worth a stab...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭healy1835

The annoying part is that I queried the delay a few days ago and was given a profuse apology and an assurance that they were in the warehouse and would be shipped within days. Todays generic order cancellation was salt in the wound.

As for 'those shoes...no. Maybe the 361 Flame will be worth a stab...

Skyblue, for one, welcomes our new Chinese overlords. :)

Treviso wrote: »

I know Nike are the devil company, but at least they spend all the money they save on child labour on a decent level of stock and Customer support

You might have got lucky if you haven't got an email yet...

Its the customer support that bothers me...After the way Nike sell out on day 1 I expected the same to be honest. This is why I was online and ordered within seconds of them going live. :mad:

I think the savings on child labour are actually diverted to paying for rules to be written for them, looking after Ambassadors in high places, greasing palms and brushing failed tests under tables.;)

healy1835 wrote: »
    Skyblue, for one, welcomes our new Chinese overlords. :)

With open arms :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Double C

Hi. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with returns to Alltricks? I got a pair of Gel Nimbus from them but they are probably half a size too small. I've gone through the return process on the website but haven't received a reply from them or any instruction, return address etc. Any help would be appreciated!

• Advertisement

I will withdraw my previous comments on Asics, as I received a shipping email from them this morning to say the MetaSpeeds are on their way. I won't be at ease though until they are actually here

I will withdraw my previous comments on Asics, as I received a shipping email from them this morning to say the MetaSpeeds are on their way. I won't be at ease though until they are actually here

There is no God....

There is no God....

There is......and he wears Next%

There is......and he wears Next%

And he sends Asics to the spawn of Nike...that just cuts through me like a dagger!

And he sends Asics to the spawn of Nike...that just cuts through me like a dagger!

I might just wear them around the house, or they could be my gardening shoes :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭MrMacPhisto

The Run Hub seem to have em if you happen to be a uk 7,7.5 or 9 ;)

The Run Hub seem to have em if you happen to be a uk 7,7.5 or 9 ;)

Thanks, I saw that but not my size.

To be honest I am over it now. They were being bought to go into storage until fitness improves anyway.

It was the terrible/non existent customer service and the fact that Treviso got a pair that left me with a taste of sick in my mouth :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

I'm 75km into a pair of Asics Novablasts, and I absolutely recommend them. I took a bit of a gamble buying a new pair online, but I was totally sick of my previous Gel Nimbus which were just half a size too big and getting stretched. Found a nicer colourway on the Asics website, quite tempted to buy them as a backup for when they eventually wear out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Thanks, I saw that but not my size.

To be honest I am over it now. They were being bought to go into storage until fitness improves anyway.

It was the terrible/non existent customer service and the fact that Treviso got a pair that left me with a taste of sick in my mouth :pac::pac:

At least you're not alone: https://twitter.com/ASICSUK/with_replies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Bluesquare

For anybody wearing endorphin speed and has used them for a TT - was there a notable improvement that you think was from the shoes not fitness . ?

Advertisement