Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What shoes you wearing now and what next?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭MrMacPhisto

Bluesquare wrote: »
    For anybody wearing endorphin speed and has used them for a TT - was there a notable improvement that you think was from the shoes not fitness . ?

They are a nice comfortable shoe for fast running. Whether they offer a notable improvement over a distance such as 5k TT is debatable. Whenever I have worn them for speed sessions or a hard 5k effort they have felt good.

In my opinon, the "best in class" fast shoe might give ya 8-15 second improvement over a 5k TT distance ( I have zero evidence).

Ultimately it's your legs and aerobic system that'll do 99.9 % of the work so concentrate on that, or get some EPO :D

Maybe take them for a speed session based off your planned TT pace and see how they feel?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Bluesquare

They are a nice comfortable shoe for fast running. Whether they offer a notable improvement over a distance such as 5k TT is debatable. Whenever I have worn them for speed sessions or a hard 5k effort they have felt good.

In my opinon, the "best in class" fast shoe might give ya 8-15 second improvement over a 5k TT distance ( I have zero evidence).

Ultimately it's your legs and aerobic system that'll do 99.9 % of the work so concentrate on that, or get some EPO :D

Maybe take them for a speed session based off your planned TT pace and see how they feel?

Thanks . I’m not a fast runner by any stretch but I do like these shoes .I’ve been wearing them for intervals and LT tempos for about six weeks - and feel they have definitely given me a boost . I’m out running my training buddy who would normally gain fitness quicker so my guess was that it is the runners . My LT pace seems easier than it should but not consistently . I’m doing a TT at the weekend so I’ll have to wait and see what’s in store !

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭MrMacPhisto

Bluesquare wrote: »
    Thanks . I’m not a fast runner by any stretch but I do like these shoes .I’ve been wearing them for intervals and LT tempos for about six weeks - and feel they have definitely given me a boost . I’m out running my training buddy who would normally gain fitness quicker so my guess was that it is the runners . My LT pace seems easier than it should but not consistently . I’m doing a TT at the weekend so I’ll have to wait and see what’s in store !

Good luck with the TT at the weekend.

I'd say consistent training is giving you the edge, don't underestimate your training :)

The shoes are giving you a boost, and even if that's just a placebo effect or a mental boost on top of 1 or 2 secs per km, then that's great.

Happy "racing"

My pair of Asics Gel Zone 7s arrived this morning!

Unfortunately, nursing a tender achilles for the next couple or days minimum 😭

Just my luck, I'm sure they'll be worth the wait

• Registered Users Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭ariana`

Has anyone ever ordered from runnerinn.com and how has the service been?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭sibeen99

ariana` wrote: »

I’ve ordered a few bits from them with no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭Ceepo

I've ordered from them and there sister site Bikeinn and had no issue's.

I didn't have to return anything, so I don't know about there returns policy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭skyblue46

Yeah, got a few things without problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

I ordered once. Returned. Box squashed. Runners dirty (clearly 2nd hand).

Won't use them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Kander

Probably 4-5 orders total of runners or cycling stuff. No problems with the items but the delivery time is pretty long. I think the main warehouses are in Spain and it took 3 weeks on average to get to me in Dublin.

• Advertisement

:p
    The MagicSpeed look interesting ;););)

This may have happened! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Treviso

skyblue46 wrote: »
    :p

This may have happened! ;)

Speaking of which, they arrived this morning but too late for me to wear on my session. Will test them out on Sunday. Tried them on and they feel a lot firmer than the Alphas and Next%, which I did read from the reviews. Will see how they are at a decent pace

Treviso wrote: »
    Speaking of which, they arrived this morning but too late for me to wear on my session. Will test them out on Sunday. Tried them on and they feel a lot firmer than the Alphas and Next%, which I did read from the reviews. Will see how they are at a decent pace

Looking forward to hearing your opinions....different to the Nikes is a good thing :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Luke774

What trainers would you recommend for a beginner runner? not long distance more sprints and light jogging
    Under €100

Also Best place to buy running jacket/ shorts ?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 cblanc

Luke774 wrote: »
    What trainers would you recommend for a beginner runner? not long distance more sprints and light jogging
    Under €100

Also Best place to buy running jacket/ shorts ?

There is Nike Pegasus under €100 with their discount code : https://www.alltricks.com/C-1027889-nike-pegasus

You'll also find running jacket/shorts

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭Slideways

My volume trainers were pretty much cactus but had served me well. Bought another pair of New Balance 1080, these are the v11 and the old pair were a v10 but I can’t really see much of a difference tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Bluesquare

cblanc wrote: »
    There is Nike Pegasus under €100 with their discount code : https://www.alltricks.com/C-1027889-nike-pegasus

You'll also find running jacket/shorts

Nike also had a discount code ending today - they did have pegs last week

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭FinnC

The current Pegasus is an awful running shoe IMO.

FinnC wrote: »
    The current Pegasus is an awful running shoe IMO.

The 38 launches in Europe at the end of the month and reviews sound promising, they seem to have corrected the issues with the upper of the 37. I liked the 35 but didn't like 36 and didn't bother with 37 as a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Kander

The 38 launches in Europe at the end of the month and reviews sound promising, they seem to have corrected the issues with the upper of the 37. I liked the 35 but didn't like 36 and didn't bother with 37 as a result.

The first Pegasus version I picked up was the the 36 and I was very underwhelmed. I still cant find a good place for them in my outside rotation but they seem well suited to the treadmill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,683 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Have yet to read a single positive review of the Pegasus 37....I have a couple of box fresh pairs at the moment that I wear socially (ie. going to Dunnes) and can confirm that they look well with skinny jeans or Asics leggings :cool:

I'll run in them at some point but expectations are low. Fwiw, I liked the 36 a lot and found the 34 and 35 ok as well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭dave_o_brien

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Have yet to read a single positive review of the Pegasus 37....I have a couple of box fresh pairs at the moment that I wear socially (ie. going to Dunnes) and can confirm that they look well with skinny jeans or Asics leggings :cool:

I'll run in them at some point but expectations are low. Fwiw, I liked the 36 a lot and found the 34 and 35 ok as well

I loved the 36's. The only complaint I had was that I wished for a little more protection for longer runs (I'm 90kg, so this should be kept in mind). I'd love to try the 37's with the react foam, they sound great. I love my Milers & Epic's but neither of them are as snappy as the Pegs for an everyday trainer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Brooks Adrenaline GTS 19 for the past year. Find them a bit heavy but comfortable enough. Do get blisters on inside of arch after about 20km of running.

Looking to change to something a small bit lighter and versatile for short and long running, any recommendations?

On another hand, went into a local sports store to browse and buy a new pair today, stunned to learn the current restrictions mean they can't sell them. Madness. Selling everything else under the sun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

I loved the 36's. The only complaint I had was that I wished for a little more protection for longer runs (I'm 90kg, so this should be kept in mind). I'd love to try the 37's with the react foam, they sound great. I love my Milers & Epic's but neither of them are as snappy as the Pegs for an everyday trainer.

Got a pair of 37's yesterday , present from my wife, I'm about 76/77 my , I found them good but probably for shorter distance, wouldn't run much longer than 10km a run these days and they would be fine for that type of distance and up to 15/16 km imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

I have the Pegasus 37, I find them like running with blocks on my feet. I went to them from epic reacts which I really liked. Also, I'm the most amateur of amateur runners, only been at it on and off for a couple of years so I'm not the most knowledgeable. Would like something similar to the epic reacts, or the equivalent in other brands, if anyone would like to throw up some suggestions.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭MiketheMechanic

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    Brooks Adrenaline GTS 19 for the past year. Find them a bit heavy but comfortable enough. Do get blisters on inside of arch after about 20km of running.

Looking to change to something a small bit lighter and versatile for short and long running, any recommendations?

On another hand, went into a local sports store to browse and buy a new pair today, stunned to learn the current restrictions mean they can't sell them. Madness. Selling everything else under the sun.

If you get on with Brooks, try the Ravenna. It's a lighter version of the Adrenaline GTS, but still has good support and cushioning. 20km + runs should be no bother in them.
    The latest version is 11 I think.

MtM

If you get on with Brooks, try the Ravenna. It's a lighter version of the Adrenaline GTS, but still has good support and cushioning. 20km + runs should be no bother in them.

MtM

I think the Ravenna has been replaced by the Launch GTS.

MtM

Cheers! I will take a look!!

I think the Ravenna has been replaced by the Launch GTS.

I'll take a look at this also! Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 bullethead

I have the Pegasus 37, I find them like running with blocks on my feet. I went to them from epic reacts which I really liked. Also, I'm the most amateur of amateur runners, only been at it on and off for a couple of years so I'm not the most knowledgeable. Would like something similar to the epic reacts, or the equivalent in other brands, if anyone would like to throw up some suggestions.

Ive changed from the epic reacts to New balance 1080v10 . You could try the updated version the 1080v11.
    They are a similar style shoe to the epics.
    More comfortable in my opinion .

Advertisement