Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What shoes you wearing now and what next?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Ross Runner

bullethead wrote: »
    Ive changed from the epic reacts to New balance 1080v10 . You could try the updated version the 1080v11.
    They are a similar style shoe to the epics.
    More comfortable in my opinion .

Or you could check out the 880 V11, the lighter version of the 1080 but still loads of cushion and comfort......

https://youtu.be/Ezy_izq6t68

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭FinnC

Got the NB Fuelcell Rebel V2 on Friday, went for a run in them today and they felt great.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    Brooks Adrenaline GTS 19 for the past year. Find them a bit heavy but comfortable enough. Do get blisters on inside of arch after about 20km of running.

Looking to change to something a small bit lighter and versatile for short and long running, any recommendations?

Adidas SolarBoost or SolarGlides, the stability versions, are a pretty good substitution. Running mate changed to them and prefers them over the Brooks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Bluesquare

Who’s testing the Pegasus 38 then? I would have bought a pair as still trying to get a perfect every day shoe . Only I bought a pair of endorphin shifts the morning from all tricks . I’m an addict - is there a thread for running shoe addiction ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

This is it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,683 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Bluesquare wrote: »
    Who’s testing the Pegasus 38 then? I would have bought a pair as still trying to get a perfect every day shoe . Only I bought a pair of endorphin shifts the morning from all tricks . I’m an addict - is there a thread for running shoe addiction ?

I thought this was the thread for shoe addicts ;-)

Still haven't worn the 37's yet so I probably won't get the 38's until they drop to €59 before Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Degsy123

Hi Folks,

I’ve been running in Brooks for 8-10 years, think I’ve had every version of the Adrenaline GTS in that time and I’ve found them to be fine. I did get them on advice of gait analysis so I guess I need something with some stability. My training has ramped up this year (at 600+ miles currently) and I’m doing a lot more tempo / speed work. I fancy a change and would appreciate any suggestions. I will be running DCM later this year - probably virtual but still plenty of running to do. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭S_D

Double C wrote: »
    Hi. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with returns to Alltricks? I got a pair of Gel Nimbus from them but they are probably half a size too small. I've gone through the return process on the website but haven't received a reply from them or any instruction, return address etc. Any help would be appreciated!

noting but a NIGHTMARE dealing with a refund from them. Trying to find the address was particularly difficult too!

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭CJay1

Has anyone tried the Kiprun runners from Decathlon/All tricks? I see the Ultra light have good reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭fennor72

Invested in a pair of Saucony Endorphin Speeds today, and brought them out this evening for a run. Very impressed with them, they encourage a fast pace and good form but still kept the legs fresh.
    I have to give a major thumbs up for ready2run in Tullamore, they have a great selection of runners, at great prices. The Endorphin speeds were 20 euros cheaper than anywhere else as were the pros.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭FinnC

fennor72 wrote: »
    Invested in a pair of Saucony Endorphin Speeds today, and brought them out this evening for a run. Very impressed with them, they encourage a fast pace and good form but still kept the legs fresh.
    I have to give a major thumbs up for ready2run in Tullamore, they have a great selection of runners, at great prices. The Endorphin speeds were 20 euros cheaper than anywhere else as were the pros.
    Just ticked over 800km in my first pair of Speeds that I bought. They are still great for long easy runs.
    Have bought another 2 pairs since I love them that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

fennor72 wrote: »

Running shops in cork still appear to be closed to selling running shoes. :( unless anyone can suggest one open, and I'll give them my business

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Hurrache wrote: »
    Adidas SolarBoost or SolarGlides, the stability versions, are a pretty good substitution. Running mate changed to them and prefers them over the Brooks.

Cheers! I've added them to the list to check out, appreciate it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭skyblue46

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    Running shops in cork still appear to be closed to selling running shoes. :( unless anyone can suggest one open, and I'll give them my business

They are closed nationwide. I would presume he purchased online from the Tullamore shop

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭fennor72

Yep I rang up and ordered a pair.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,052 ✭✭✭✭event

At the moment I use Nike React Infinity Run Flyknit for runs up to about 10/11 miles. After that I move to Mizuno Wave inspires.
    I like the Nikes but at higher distances then begin to give me blisters and the heel starts to slip.

Can anyone recommend a daily trainer? I tried the nike react miler but wasnt a fan.

event wrote: »
    At the moment I use Nike React Infinity Run Flyknit for runs up to about 10/11 miles. After that I move to Mizuno Wave inspires.
    I like the Nikes but at higher distances then begin to give me blisters and the heel starts to slip.

Can anyone recommend a daily trainer? I tried the nike react miler but wasnt a fan.

Looking for the same thing - I also tried react miler and didn’t like . I hated the Pegasus 37 after running all distances in pegs 34/35 for about 3/4years . Have been running in hoka one Clifton for the last two months and not really a fan either . So I ordered saucony endorphin shift based solely on the fact I’ve recently bought the speeds and love them . They are due tomorrow so I’ll update !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭ariana`

Looking for the same thing - I also tried react miler and didn’t like . I hated the Pegasus 37 after running all distances in pegs 34/35 for about 3/4years . Have been running in hoka one Clifton for the last two months and not really a fan either . So I ordered saucony endorphin shift based solely on the fact I’ve recently bought the speeds and love them . They are due tomorrow so I’ll update !

I'll be interested to hear how you find the Shift, do come back and report - the heel drop is what is putting me off them. Currently wearing shoes between 9 & 12mm so a bit worried about jumping to 4mm and the impact on my already dodgy achilles.

I find the react miler a good shoe for long slow runs, for me that's when they come into their own, when you're hitting 2 hours at an easy pace. I recently got the Reebox Floatride Energy 3.0, they're perfect for every day easy runs and a bargain for €44. I have Brooks Ghost in the mix but they're hitting 500m on them, torn between replacing them with the same again or with NB 1080 v10/v11 for a change.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Might just be me ariana but I hate my 1080v10. Not to put you off but I just can't warm to them. I'd return them if I could.

I too have the speeds and love them so would be interested in how you get on with the Shifts, update if you can :)

I normally overpronate but find the speeds ok

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭Slideways

I have the Shifts only wear them as a daily shoe now. I would fall somewhere middle of the road with my Achilles, have worn Kinvaras (also 4mm) for races and get fatigue in the calves but the shifts when worn for a long run obliterated my Achilles and calves.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

The Shifts are bricks, I can't get enthused to wear them at all, I'll use them as bookends or make plant pots out of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Anyone else Supinate/underpronate and wear down the outside of the outsoles really quickly? My pronation type is in a very minority it seems :confused:

I generally opt for cushioned neutral but finding a solid and durable easy/daily shoe has been a struggle

ariana` wrote: »
    I'll be interested to hear how you find the Shift, do come back and report - the heel drop is what is putting me off them. Currently wearing shoes between 9 & 12mm so a bit worried about jumping to 4mm and the impact on my already dodgy achilles.

I find the react miler a good shoe for long slow runs, for me that's when they come into their own, when you're hitting 2 hours at an easy pace. I recently got the Reebox Floatride Energy 3.0, they're perfect for every day easy runs and a bargain for €44. I have Brooks Ghost in the mix but they're hitting 500m on them, torn between replacing them with the same again or with NB 1080 v10/v11 for a change.

I haven’t ran over 2 hours since 2019 so maybe I’ll keep them in storage until my next marathon ! I haven’t had any problems with my Achilles to date but my calves are always tight - if these shifts don’t work I’ll have to circle back to pegs maybe try the infinity reacts .

Slideways wrote: »
    I have the Shifts only wear them as a daily shoe now. I would fall somewhere middle of the road with my Achilles, have worn Kinvaras (also 4mm) for races and get fatigue in the calves but the shifts when worn for a long run obliterated my Achilles and calves.

That doesn’t sound good - now I have a phantom ache in my Achilles

ariana` wrote: »

Where are they for that price?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,623 ✭✭✭dna_leri

Might just be me ariana but I hate my 1080v10. Not to put you off but I just can't warm to them. I'd return them if I could.

I just took delivery of NB 1080v11 from DeporVillage to replace Skechers GRR8. The similarity in the two pairs is uncanny but the Skechers had lost their bounce after 750K - or maybe the lack of bounce is just me. First impressions of NBs is positive but I'll take them for a bigger challenge this evening and over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭ariana`

event wrote: »
    Where are they for that price?

it was from reebox.ie. I just checked my email I paid €45 on April 6th and the invoice says I saved €45 so it sounds like they were reduced by 50% at that time, possibly with a code I can't remember. At the moment I see they have 25% off with the code 'SPRING'.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

I was after the 1080 but actually bought the 880 and really like them. Very similar to the Brooks Ghost. A size up from my normal but going well for the first few runs with no issues. Had also recently bought Kinvara V5 and don't like at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭dave_o_brien

Anyone else Supinate/underpronate and wear down the outside of the outsoles really quickly? My pronation type is in a very minority it seems :confused:

I generally opt for cushioned neutral but finding a solid and durable easy/daily shoe has been a struggle

I do. In terms of shoes I've found useful, I've found Ultraboost's, old version of Adidas Superova's (haven't tried recent versions which just look totally different), Pegs, Mizuno Wave's, Infinity Reacts and Milers to be fine. I've never gotten on with Asics (though love the look of their newer models like the Novablast & metaracer), most others have varied from fine to good.

Nike are my go to brand, sadly - I hate the brand but honestly, their shoes last longer for me than any other brand I've experienced. Now, I'm 90kg, so not light on shoes, but Mizuno's would give me 200miles odd, Adidas maybe 275, Nike's have generally given me 350 minimum with the exception of a pair of Winflo's where the liner frayed and tore to pieces.

I think if I had to pick one shoe to do everything, the Infinity Reacts are probably the ones.

Advertisement