Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What shoes you wearing now and what next?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Unknownability

Has anyone got any recommendations for a trail running shoe?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭4Ad

Has anyone got any recommendations for a trail running shoe?

I have the Saucony Peregrine 10, great grip, took a while to get used to, love them now.
    The new Peregrine 11 is a way nicer looking shoe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Bluesquare

Wow Speed 2 look fancy:)

Don’t be tempting me ! I already have another pair of speed 1’s still in the box !

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Ross Runner

https://youtu.be/j_7do8crHY4

The New Pegasus 38 if anyone is interested....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,007 ✭✭✭opus

Lidl's finest purchased this morning. This is my second pair in that range, the first were left in a friends place in Germany to avoid me having to bring stuff back & forth. Of course I haven't seen them in over 20 months at this stage :(

552397.jpg

Tip: Avoid the even cheaper ~€12.99 ones if they show up again as they were pretty bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

opus wrote: »
    Lidl's finest purchased this morning. This is my second pair in that range, the first were left in a friends place in Germany to avoid me having to bring stuff back & forth. Of course I haven't seen them in over 20 months at this stage :(

552397.jpg

Tip: Avoid the even cheaper ~€12.99 ones if they show up again as they were pretty bad.

Any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,007 ✭✭✭opus

I've got a charmed life when it comes to runners in that it seems to make no difference to me what type/brand I wear so ymmv. But I ran a 74k trail ultra in Germany wearing the last pair of Lidl runners I bought & they were fine. Maybe a bit more cushioning would have been good as it was a fair mix of terrain but they were fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Austin, TX based start-up, Kickstarter type purchase, I paid for back in Oct.
    $100 carbon plated.

First run impressions, they size big, I sized down which worked out. Comfortable, easy to get a nice fit. Feel fast and light (220gms), don't get the same push forward feeling of the Vaporfly, Endorphin, a little sloppy in corners, will experiment with the lacing, good training shoe for the price, not in the super shoe category for me.

551726.png

Did you, or Skyblue, get slapped with an extra customs' bill? I live in Luxemebourg and the fookers here charged me 22 euro on top of what I'd paid, which said it covered import duties. Got onto the lads at Atreyu and they refunded me (or said they have!) immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Itziger wrote: »
    Did you, or Skyblue, get slapped with an extra customs' bill? I live in Luxemebourg and the fookers here charged me 22 euro on top of what I'd paid, which said it covered import duties. Got onto the lads at Atreyu and they refunded me (or said they have!) immediately.

Let's just say my office HQ is in Austin.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Mar Azul

Mar Azul wrote: »
    Thanks for all the help, I've gone with the Adidas Adizero Pro. Hopefully I've made a good choice and went with the eu42 size, same as my Hoka rincons.

Both arrived today, can't wait to give them a lash. In my Hokas I'm a 42. Went with 42 for the Adidas and they fit fine and will be grand but think 42.5 would have been better.
    On-Running went 42.5 and perfect. So maybe my size is 42.5 but in hoka 42.

552530.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭skyblue46

Itziger wrote: »

No, I wasn't charged any extra upon delivery. I think duty and delivery was added at the point of ordering them. They ended up costing €127 iirc.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,427 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Where are most of ye buying shoes? Trying not to use Amazon. I'm finding it near impossible get a response from Amphibian King.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,369 ✭✭✭sk8board

Both arrived today, can't wait to give them a lash. In my Hokas I'm a 42. Went with 42 for the Adidas and they fit fine and will be grand but think 42.5 would have been better.
    On-Running went 42.5 and perfect. So maybe my size is 42.5 but in hoka 42.

552530.jpg

Interested to hear what you think of the Adizero pro. I’ve a pair of Boston’s with 700km on them that I’m thinking of upgrading to them (although the word is that the Boston 10 is going to be a whole new shoe).

Where are most of ye buying shoes? Trying not to use Amazon. I'm finding it near impossible get a response from Amphibian King.

I used to use startfitness in the uk, and now use alltricks, 365rider and Deporvillage - all are French or Spanish.
    No trouble with shipping and prices were ace.

Sportsshoes and runningwarehouse.eu are other options guys here have used.

sk8board wrote: »
    Interested to hear what you think of the Adizero pro. I’ve a pair of Boston’s with 700km on them that I’m thinking of upgrading to them (although the word is that the Boston 10 is going to be a whole new shoe).

I'll let you know for sure. Wore the ON-Running this evening. Quite a sturdy shoe and a little heavier than I would usually wear. The big plus is you feel instantly that your arch is supported and I've always a bit of PF going on.
    I can see these being used on easy and recovery runs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,622 ✭✭✭token56

If you want to keep it local give Ready2run in Tullamore a call. Unfortunately they don't have a website but they respond quickly on facebook to queries too. Got myself a pair of Endorphin Speeds off them and great to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Down South

Have found runhub v good

I used to use startfitness in the uk, and now use alltricks, 365rider and Deporvillage - all are French or Spanish.
    No trouble with shipping and prices were ace.

Sportsshoes and runningwarehouse.eu are other options guys here have used.

I forgot top4running too - I got Nike tempos there recently for €160

• Registered Users Posts: 1,499 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

Saucony Endorphin Version 2 due for release in June.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwnY641Th_A

Saucony Endorphin Version 2 due for release in June.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwnY641Th_A

The embargo for reviews lifts on June 15th, so presumably they release that week.

365rider have lots of Speed for €145 (20% off) and 10% off the Pro in that new blue colorway for €198.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Bluesquare

I’m doing any tempos /speed training in endorphin speeds at the moment and loving them . I’m not a speedy runner by any stretch but have a few elusive targets in my minds eye . Is it worth buying a pair of endorphin pros for races whenever they are back / will they add any benefit that the speeds don’t ?

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Kander

365rider have lots of Speed for €145 (20% off) and 10% off the Pro in that new blue colorway for €198.

If you set up a new account you get a further 7 Euro off code or maybe just try the code that they give you (welcome7). I bought the Speeds yesterday for €137

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭Slideways

Bluesquare wrote: »
    I’m doing any tempos /speed training in endorphin speeds at the moment and loving them . I’m not a speedy runner by any stretch but have a few elusive targets in my minds eye . Is it worth buying a pair of endorphin pros for races whenever they are back / will they add any benefit that the speeds don’t ?

I have both speed and pro, there is a definite difference in them. Worth the extra wedge of money between the pair? I’m not so sure.
    Put it like this, if I was doing a fun run style race and brought the speeds by accident instead of the pros I wouldn’t see it as much of a big deal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭Slideways

I see lots of people getting all antsy about the new Endorphin colour scheme. I really don’t get it. You should never be wearing them as a fashion statement so once they are fit for purpose they could look like a dogs breakfast for all I’d care..

Kander wrote: »
    If you set up a new account you get a further 7 Euro off code or maybe just try the code that they give you (welcome7). I bought the Speeds yesterday for €137

Excellent. I’m already a member but that code works. free shipping as usual.
    Got the Pro for €191, my first carbon shoes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭dave_o_brien

Slideways wrote: »
    I see lots of people getting all antsy about the new Endorphin colour scheme. I really don’t get it. You should never be wearing them as a fashion statement so once they are fit for purpose they could look like a dogs breakfast for all I’d care..

Sure, yeah.

But not everyone approaches stuff like that. I'd be confident that even you don't approach everything like that, do you?

Examples - I like bikes. The best bike I ever rode was a Look 675 with Dura Ace Di2. It came in a few colour options and I'd have loved the Mondrian, White or Black one, but the red one was kind of gammy. Still rode the same, I just didn't fancy it.

Cars - definitely a case where if it's not fit-for-purpose, it just won't get used. But if it's not at least acceptably attractive, it won't get bought in the first place.

Buildings, clothes, watches, phones... All objects have visual components of their aesthetic value. I appreciate that first and foremost, a running shoe must be comfortable and efficient to run in - but for most (myself included) there are other components that they also value.

Edit: Food is an excellent example. It's all well and good suggesting a meal comprising chickpeas, porridge and broccoli will deliver one the required nutrition, but let's be honest, nobody's asking for that for dinner.

Slideways wrote: »

It’s just marketing. the current endorphin range are easily one of the most recognisable shoes I see on other feet when I’m running, mainly because they are so jarring.

There aren’t many shoes like that; the Vaporfly/alphafly being another obvious one.

These new chequered flag Endorphin designs will similarly be unmistakable on the road.

I've run in them twice now. First run was last week's long run with a bit of half marathon effort, my splits were pretty much what I would expect from my non carbon Clifton 6. They also irritated my mortons Neuroma MN.

They do look great and the traction/grip is very impressive. I felt I needed to do some work at a faster pace to give them a fair chance.

So taped a soft pad to my MN area just incase and did a 5x1k in them. There was no noticeable difference for me, as in I didn't feel I was being flung forward or anything but... but, my 1k reps all came in about 5-7 secs quicker than I thought they would.
    5k/5M racing is where I'd aim this shoe. I bought these for longer type efforts, so a little disappointed. I also feel there's not enough room in the toe box.
    I'll continue to use them for 5k/5M sessions but I'm now back looking for sth that is aimed at the half/full market. Potentially the hoka carbon x?
    My favourite shoe of recent times was the hoka clifton 6, approx 850k on them, just can't bring myself to retire them.

Final mark 6/10 for Adidas Adizero Pro

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Sandwell

I've run in them twice now. First run was last week's long run with a bit of half marathon effort, my splits were pretty much what I would expect from my non carbon Clifton 6. They also irritated my mortons Neuroma MN.

They do look great and the traction/grip is very impressive. I felt I needed to do some work at a faster pace to give them a fair chance.

So taped a soft pad to my MN area just incase and did a 5x1k in them. There was no noticeable difference for me, as in I didn't feel I was being flung forward or anything but... but, my 1k reps all came in about 5-7 secs quicker than I thought they would.
    5k/5M racing is where I'd aim this shoe. I bought these for longer type efforts, so a little disappointed. I also feel there's not enough room in the toe box.
    I'll continue to use them for 5k/5M sessions but I'm now back looking for sth that is aimed at the half/full market. Potentially the hoka carbon x?
    My favourite shoe of recent times was the hoka clifton 6, approx 850k on them, just can't bring myself to retire them.

Final mark 6/10 for Adidas Adizero Pro

Strangely enough I've had the opposite experience with these so far, having done around 50 miles in them I'd favour them for longer distances. They feel fine for reps at 5k pace but I haven't noticed any discernible difference from what I'd expect from any good lightweight racing shoe. Where I did notice them really come into their own was during a recent progression run over HM distance with the last 3 miles at LT pace. My legs felt much better in those late miles than they would normally have done and holding the tempo pace came much easier than I would have expected. I also felt that I recovered quicker from that session than would normally have been the case.

I also have a Morton's neuroma, coincidentally, but they haven't aggravated it so far. I'd have them as an 8/10 so far but I'm yet to be convinced that they're superior to pairs of Boston or Adios that I've loved in the past.

• Advertisement

How many miles are you folks putting on Adidas Boston’s?

I’m 67kg and have 450m/725km on a pair of Boston 8. Smoothened outer but no serious wear. I use them for fast intervals usually. Got them in Sept for €88.
    starting to feel harder in the forefoot than I remember (but it might be psychological cause I’ve also got a pair of Nike Tempos, which is the polar opposite, hence the question).

Advertisement