Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What shoes you wearing now and what next?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Wottle

I went with these in the end and glad I went half an EU size up.

I'm an EU 42 in Nike and hoka but these are 42.5.

Very soft and spongey, feel good.

Going to use them for a half this weekend.

Thanks for the recommendation

where were Runfast on sale for €57 can I ask?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 783 ✭✭✭marathon2022

When you say runfast you mean Foatride energy 3? On the reebok website on Blackfriday period, along with the signup discount and the deals around that time. Kinda regret not buying a pair now. They are back up to €90 although the signup and save discount at 15% is always on so €76

Original post that you replied to was about Reebok runfast 2 so I thought you were talking about a price for that shoe.

I already have a couple of pairs of the floatride energy 3. Excellent all around light enough runner with good grip for tarmac or light trails alright and very durable - some people get 1000 miles out of them.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 783 ✭✭✭marathon2022

No worries, thought I was replying to the floatride post :-( But yes, I love them and that price is a steal.

• Advertisement

got my first pair for 40-something euro on Reebok.ie actually!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Has anyone used or recommends the Hoka brand? Just came across them recently but not sure if any use? I’d generally do 5-10km runs (around 22-45 mins)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Hoka are plenty popular with lots of folks....maybe a little bit of an acquired taste...out of interest why hoka?

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭FinnC

Anyone ordered from sportshoes recently? Placed an order last week and the tracking with Hermes is now saying ‘Your parcel is on its way back to the sender’. Wondering is it a Brexit thing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 271 ✭✭Kander

I eventually got round to trying my the pair of NB rebel V2 that I picked up on sale a couple of months back. I got my normal size which turned out to be a disaster. The sizing in them is awful. I could have gone up a full UK size up and they might still be too small & narrow.

Looks like I've a new pair of trainers. Luckily I didnt go mad with an luminous colour.

• Advertisement

Very narrow toebox in the Rebel. Absolute must to at least half a UK size up.

Didn’t find that at all with the Rebel V2 just got my usual 42.5 and they were perfect.

I bought the Nike Zoom X Invincible today for €105. Haven’t run with them yet but feel very soft just walking in them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 688 ✭✭✭davegilly

Been running in the NB Prism for last 12 months and bought pair of NB Rebel V2 two weeks ago.

Two runs in and I can't walk properly. Disaster. Waaaaay too unstable for me. Looks like I need the stability, mild or otherwise of the Prism.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭MY BAD

Alphafly in a rank yellow colourway for 150 euro on Nikes app.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 271 ✭✭Kander

Tempo next% and pegasus up on sale also.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭ISOP

just picked up a pair tempo next % for half price, delighted, I adore these trainers

Got a pair myself. Have never used them before.

Got a pair of Pegasus 38 Shield also for €65

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,677 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Nike are very kindly saving me from myself by saying "A network error occurred. Try again later" whenever I try to pay for these. 😁

Edit: Must be bank related as tried paypal instead and it worked. Now I just have to do enough training to justify wearing these shoes at some point. 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Snodge

Hi all. Any recommendations for good runners for someone who suffers with shin splints/tib post issues? Mainly road running about 60-70 mile per week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭wersal gummage

I'm new to running, about 18 or 20 months at it and I'm a big unit so may not apply, I've had recurring post tib issues and been to physio etc and nothing has really sorted me out bar reduction in intensity of miles, I seem to be able to do increased miles etc but if I have a few hard sessions over a few weeks I'm getting myself into trouble...

Anyway, aside from all the leg and calf strengthening work, best runners for me have been asics novablast, first version haven't tried the second. I've tried several different asics, Nike and new balance but novablast my favourite. Took a bit of getting used to but love them now and only show that I immediately replace with same when worn out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭MiketheMechanic

Any good deals out there in the online post-Christmas sales?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,446 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Nike very cheap at the moment although some sale shoes have got up in price again like the Tempo Next % (still good prices, just not as good as earlier).

Picked up Vomero 16 and Nike Structure 24 myself

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

Hello those in the know.

I was searching for a deal on a brooks ghost 13 as a super runner. The 14 is ok but prefer the 13.

Anyway, am a Brooks fan. Had one pair of NB that were grand and came across these on sale, thoughts? Worth buying? Am a neutral runner and always like a heavy shoe like the Glycerin, Ghost lighter.

New Balance Womens Fuelcell Propel V2 Neutral Running Shoes UV Glo

Thanks v much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭MiketheMechanic

Thanks @corcaigh07 - not a Nike wearer unfortunately. Anything out there from Brooks, Saucony, New Balance on offer?

Usually the best deals you'll see are on alltricks and 365rider. You may have missed the boat on some super NB and Saucony deals recently around thanksgiving

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,084 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

A Spring clean is due in the new year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 541 ✭✭✭racersedge

Showing that graph to the missus next time she complains about my own rotation! 😂

First run in them today, I did 8x800.

Wow what a shoe. Felt a bit strange and hard at first and man are they loud! But once I got up to the intervals they softened up and felt great.

Looking forward to using these more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Bluesquare

With the carbon plate runners - are they all the same over all distances or are there ones that are better for 5k/10k etc? I bought endorphin pros for a steal in November but curious if I should be keeping ears flapping for other bargains . ( note : probably don’t need other ones as barely “race “ but I do like runners )

Also for “ slower “ runners is there a point wearing them at all - or would the design of some brands suit slower runners better. Slower runners who still want to try and run their fastest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,446 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Endorphin Pro should be a good shoe for all distances and what I've read, more stable than the Speeds (which I bought for a marathon and didn't use for that reason).

Depends what you mean by "slower" as well. For example, Ive heard the Tempo Next % are useless at anything other than hard fast efforts.

Advertisement