Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What shoes you wearing now and what next?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Boston 10 are 105 euro on the Adidas site.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭deuces wild

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭ImportMeHappy

Thanks for the All Tricks tip, just got my first pair of Nike supershoes, very curious to see how they compare to my Endorphin Pros and Speeds 👍️

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Ross Runner

Absolutelyl oving this shoe, Great upgrade to make a real all-rounder....

Cheap and cheerful but covers long runs and Speed sessions, great Versatility 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

These were my fav runners for years. The 7 i didnt like but bought the 9 last Tuesday. Cant wait

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

Not a big fan of the Boston 10's - I keep reaching for other (Invincibles for Plods / NB Fuelcell for all else - I've 3 pairs on the go - 2 approaching 400+ miles).

Unfortunately - most of my shoes have 400+ miles on them so its time for some new ones.

I've taken the plunge on Saucony Triumph 18 - on sale at Sports Shoes as a daily trainer - not delivered yet.

I recently bought a new pair of NB Fuel Cells - they had a slightly different feel to my older pairs - so not sure if I should buy more or not.

So - am now looking out for a shoe for Tempos & Intervals??

Its funny you should say that..The pair of TC we both bough before Christmas - something just feels "different" about them. I'm not sure if I'm imagining it, or im spending too much time in other carbon plated shoes but I dont have the same love for this pair - don't get me wrong - streets ahead of most stuff but just not the same.

Tempos and Intervals - surely the Endorphin Speed 2???

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

How about the Magic Speed nice shoe, half plate, can be picked up for reasonable coin

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Unknownability

Buddy of mine looking to get rid of a pair of RC Elite v2 - size 8.5 - only 35 miles on them. PM me if you're interested. Looking for somewhere around 150 but I'm sure it's negotiable 😉. They just don't like his feet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Next % cheap direct from Nike at the moment, down to 165

Incase you missed it and are so inclined - the Alphafly turquoise pair are 179

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭dave_o_brien

Currently run in Nike Infinity 2's, just got a pair of Nike Zoom Fly 4's. Step in is strange... The heel is quite soft with the carbon plate making the front half of the shoe pretty firm. The sensation is sinking in to the back of the heel, which is tall, narrow and a little unstable feeling. Walking around, this disappears and you feel the roll up on the toes working pretty dramatically. I plan a 20min lunch time run in them today, so will report back.

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Rega

I ordered a pair of the Reebok Forever Floatride Energy 4 just now from the Reebok website .

Using the code SPRING I got them for €63 delivered. I liked the last few versions as a daily trainer so we'll see how these go.

Would be interested to hear how they work out for you. I'm tempted but have heard the heel is unusually narrow, creating some instability. Does React dull the feeling of the plate, I wonder?

Ran Cobh 10 on Sunday in the Vomero 16s myself. Lovely shoe, good lockdown, plush, stable and wide enough.

Yeah, it was... interesting!

I really like react foam generally. I'm on the heavier side at 92kg and find it's firm enough to give great support but soft enough to protect my legs and durable enough to let me clock up 400 miles on most shoes. I've used the milers and the infinity's (1 and 2) with great comfort.

The Zoom Fly's felt pretty unstable on step in and at one point I went over some very dodgy surfaces and it felt sketchy on that: I'm honestly not sure if that was the shoes fault or the surfaces. But honestly, it felt fine on anything paved. Like, I didn't think about stability and had to take a couple of corners and dodge pedestrians. So stability wasn't a huge concern, to be honest.

It felt bloody firm. The react foam coupled with the plate made the shoe feel way more solid than I expected. It also slaps loudly on impact. So that was a shock.

But also a shock was my pace. I'm not especially fast but around 4.50/km would be a pace I would have to focus on and consciously push myself for over 5km. Today I went out for an easy run and held that pace throughout without pushing myself. That hasn't happened since before I had kids. I felt the shoes got me up on my toes quicker and my stride seemed to be a bit longer for no extra effort.

On the whole, I'm happy. They're totally different from my other shoes but I'll use them differently too.

Are you me by any chance? 😅

Im about the same weight and pace. Love the Milers as well, ran Belfast last year in them despite not being a very exciting option (slow but dependable).

I wear mostly Nike as well. Endorphin Speed 2s are my fastest shoe but the foam is too soft, I squish and over pronate into the heel. 5k parkrun is about my limit in them.

I like the Milers a lot but they are over-built (and pretty ugly)... The Infinity's for me provide a load of cush but a bit more liveliness about them. I'm planning the marathon in them. But yeah, the rival fly's will be used if I'm targetting a speed at anything up to 10 miles. My days of PB's are well behing me but I could target PKPB's (post-kids personal bests)!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Bluesquare

Finally bought the Vaporfly as in the Nike sale - even though I’m barely running at the moment . Couldn’t not . Couldn’t believe how flimsy they were - my husband thought they were a joke shoe I got off some dodgy site. I have endorphin pros - they look like a regular shoe - so I deffo wasn’t prepared .Anyways I’m sure they will take mins of my time like whenever they are called forth but I suspect will stay in the box for a long whilst yet .

Buddy of mine getting rid of a pair of Boston 10 for 50 quid for anyone interested. Size 9 UK (43.5 EU). Genuinely doesn't like them. Only worn on one short run. Will pay postage .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Train in Vain

Good for you, I hope they bring you good running. They increased the price by €30 before I could buy them. Still on sale but I’m haunted by the lower price!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

How is the sizing on these? Typical or up half a size? Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,499 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

I usually wear 8.5 in Brooks and tried the Launch GTS9 and found it to be a little long was debating going for an 8 in a wide fitting but as usual Brooks dont believe that runners in Europe have wide feet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭brick tamland

I nearly always go for Brooks but the Launch 7 were the worst pair of running shoes I ever bought. Are the 9s a big improvment then? Im in the market for some new shoes

I find the normal brooks fitting wider the a lot of other brands

• Registered Users Posts: 1,499 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

Yes, that is usually the way but in coming down a half size it's a little narrow for my bulging big toe joints. I had to do the same in the older Rabenna 10 model which gain I had to get from the USA.

Anyone here try Nike Wildhorse 7 for trail running? Some reviews says they are a bit slippy on wet ground but Nike usually fit my feet the best

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Ross Runner

Wearing my normal size, haven't changed size.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,369 ✭✭✭sk8board

I also got my first pair of the vaporfly (1st ver) for €165, replacing my endorphin Pro’s, which were my first carbon racer.

the Pro never struck me as a ‘special’ race day shoe, but I would imagine that was the point. I’ve run a 1:29 HM in them, and plenty fast shorter races, but also cramped badly (for the only time ever) using them in a marathon.

the Vaporfly’s will get a first race in Dunshaughlin 10k in June, before heading into the DCM series.

has anyone else used/compared both?

No comparison to be honest. I have both. First time I wore the Next% I knew the Endorphin Pro would never be chosen ahead of it.

The only way I would buy the Endorphin Pro again is at a significant discount (there are always deals) and I would happily use it for training, but not racing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,369 ✭✭✭sk8board

Thanks. I’m thinking/hoping the same.

I’ve a pair of Rebel v2 with 600km that do a weekly interval session, and I think the Pros will just slot in there instead soon.

Advertisement