Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What shoes you wearing now and what next?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭marathon2022

I was looking at this, what's the difference between these shoes?

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Sandwell

The Sen is a slightly pared back supershoe, lower profile than the flagship Adios Pro but using the same technology. It's marketed as a 5-10k racer but in my experience is plenty comfortable up to half-marathon distance. I have a pair of the 8s and love them. I use them mainly for track sessions and the occasional tempo run. The 9 is more or less the same shoe apparently. They are a quite narrow show, however, so best avoided if you have wide feet.

I don't know much about the Boston 11 but that range has generally been an uptempo trainer. The new Boston 12 is getting great reviews so not surprised to see the 11 selling at a discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Takumi's are slick, Boston 11's are bricks (wait for the 12)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭coogy

Saucony Axon 2 still going for a song on sportshsoes.com.

Currently on my second pair and have a fresh pair lined up for when the current ones expire.

Great all-rounder!!

• Advertisement

I came late to the axon and went for the 3 a couple of months ago. I reckon these will be my daily trainer for a while, all round good shoe and cheap to boot

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Anyone used Saucony Triumph 20?

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭tmh106

I had a look, but see sportsshoes.com is a UK company. Does that mean there is also duty to be paid when they are delivered? And is there more hassle if they have to be returned? Apologies if these questions have been answered already. I tried doing a search, but search does not appear to be working on the site today.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭robnet77

I recently bought the Saucony Ride 16, which I guess are too an all-rounder type of shoes. I guess I should focus on a different type, then?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭py

Have purchased several pairs this year from SS and never had to pay duty on them. Not had to return them so can't comment on that aspect of your query.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

From their delivery page:

INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING OPTIONS FOR EUROPE

Please note, all taxes and duties are included in the price.

• Standard shipping to Spain, Germany, France and Italy is €7.95
    • Offer applies only to purchases in Euros

So, looks like you won't be charged extra.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭tmh106

Thanks @AlmightyCushion, I should have checked more carefully on their site

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭coogy

Not at all, whatever works for you.

The Axon was my first introduction to Saucony last year, having tried out various brands of daily trainer (Brooks Ravenna/Nike Pegasus and Vomero/Adidas Adizero Boston 8/361° Meraki) but the Axon just seem to work really well for me and see no reason to stop wearing them (for now, at least). Perfect fit and I like the slight rocker design as well, makes it feel like it's a step above a daily trainer.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭MiketheMechanic

Are there any bargains to be had on ladies Saucony Endorphin Speed 3 at the moment? size 7 UK

MtM

I'm really in doubt, I have two daily trainers (Ride 16 and Hoka Mach 5), I wanted to buy the Endorphin Speed 3 as everybody is raving about them, but they seem to fall under the all-rounder group as well.

I definitely want to get the Triumph 20 for a more cushioned ride, and I read the Axon 2 are firmer than my Ride 16.

I'll probably skip the Axon 2 and the Speed 3 as well, buy the Triumph 20 for long runs, and for tempo efforts I'm not sure if I should get the Takumi 8/9 or the Magic Speed 2/3. I read that both the Mach 5 and the Speed 3 are OK for tempo runs, though.

The Speed range would be a better tempo shoe than the Mach 5. I really like the Mach 5 but have replaced mine with the Axon 3. Would love to hear any reports on the Triumph 20 as they were really getting good online reviews earlier in the year. The Speed 3 they are still a bit expensive for my liking, once they drop I will grab a pair.

I've a pair of Triumph 20 arriving in the next few days so will provide an update once I've had a couple of runs in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭jv2000

I recently purchased the Puma Deviate Nitro Elite 2 Carbons (very long name!!) on the Lifestyle sports sale for 134€. Haven't run with them too much just yet but have been using them for tempo sessions. I am actually very pleasantly surprised by them - they are very comfortable and very fast. They also feel very soft despite the carbon plate. I decided to get them after EdBud was raving about them on YouTube and to be honest I think he is onto something here. I also have the Saucony Speed 3s and do like them but have a touch of Achilles tendonitis and find them more harsh on my ankle.

Where did you get them, please?

Edit: I just read your post at page 147 (bought on 365rider)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭Laineyfrecks

I had purchased a pair of Adidas SL20 on the Lifestyle website for an absolute steal but unfortunately they didn't fit so had to send them back & there was no other sizes left! I then seen the sale on the PUMA website with an extra 20% of a lot of stuff so went for the PUMA Deviate Nitro 2 having heard some really good things about them & was looking at reviews a while back. Ended up getting them for 85 euro delivered, happy days hopefully these fit. The site is worth a look if you are a PUMA fan, I also have a fair few shorts & running vests which I love!

There is only 1 colour at this price, the rest are full price but I really like the colour

Deviate NITRO 2 Women's Running Shoes | metallic | PUMA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Mitch Buchannon

I have about 375km in the Triumph 20. I find them a little roomy in the toebox. I have used 2 pairs of Ride 14 and 3 Endorphin Speed 2's all EU42 (UK7.5) and the Triumph 20 seem longer/roomier. If I buy them again I think I'll go down to UK7.

Anyway, the other night I bought a pair of Puma Velocity Nitro 2 on ASOS for around €54 using a code HAVE15. It turns out I could have gotten them even cheaper if I bought through the ASOS app.

https://www.asos.com/puma/puma-velocity-nitro-2-trainers-in-black/prd/204409078?colourWayId=204409080&SearchQuery=puma+velocity+nitro+2

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I got mine on Asos for 66 euro and I thought that was a good deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭skyblue46

I've seen those somewhere before! 😉 Yeah they are a great shoe. I really liked version 1 as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭Laineyfrecks

Haha, I'm looking forward to trying them out, always love a good bargain too😁

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

Bought the NB Supercomp Trainer and really loving it - its a very maximilist shoe (40+ I think) but very comfortable and not at all 'squishy'. It reminds me of the NB Fuelcell TC's from a couple of years ago - except taller :) (Got the Black colour for €160) - These will be my 'Steady shoe' and maybe even MP - actually - it can do everything, inc speed stuff as it has a plate as well as a rocker.

I'm also wearing the Saucony Triumph 18 and considering the 20 very seriously as an easy day workhourse.

I have the Nimbus 25 and for easy & recovery days as a rotation - quite good too.

Sessions are in used Next% for longer sessions or a pair of Puma Nitro Deviate Elite 2's for faster stuff. - Both good shoes but I wouldn't race in the Puma's.

I've had the Puma Velocity 2's as an easy day shoe and they are quite a nice shoe too - but I look forward to something a bit softer from time to time (....getting auld) - the Reebok Floatrides are also quite a good daily shoe at a very decent pricepoint - they have version 5 out now.

I was in the process of buying the Triumph 20 from sportsshoes.com, further reduced at 97€ including shipment and with no customs applied (not every colour is discounted), but it's telling me the parcel will be delivered to an "Evri parcelshop", and I could not find any in Ireland.

Has anyone used such a service before? Will they give me a location in the Dublin area? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭racersedge

Been rocking a pair of the Puma Velocity Nitro 2’s since getting back running as a workhorse shoe. Got them for a steal back in the Autumn when JD Sports of all places had them cheap, coupled with a student discount code to get them for about €60.

A real solid workhorse shoe I’ve found outside of speed sessions. But a great affordable do-it-all shoe that I’m up at almost 550K now on them. The Puma-grip on the sole has made it a great all-weather option. The versatility made it an easy choice as a one pair of shoes to bring on holidays.

Have a pair of Triumph 20’s sitting at home now to try when I get back after getting a deal mentioned via 365 Rider. Third time to have a pair of them and will just add some extra comfort to those long easy runs now.

Tempted by others for sure, but I still have a pair of Speed 2’s unused in the press to break out along with a bunch of other speed shoes to burn through 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Think Evri is Fastway. So once it get's to Ireland, it'd be picked up by one of the Fastway drivers

• Registered Users Posts: 16,052 ✭✭✭✭event

• Advertisement

My Triumph 20s arrived and my initial impression is that they're just what I wanted, a cushy option for easy/recovery days. My Velocity Nitros have been doing that job but they're beginning to feel a bit flat after nearly 300 miles and they weren't the most cushioned to begin with, even though I like the bit of road feel.

I was actually surprised at how snappy the Triumphs felt compared to what I expected. I had a previous generation (possibly the 18) and they were like pillows. These have a bit more pop to them. I wouldn't be doing intervals in them but they definitely roll along nicely and I could see myself using them for the odd steady run.

The Speed 3s also arrived and I wore them for an interval session out of the box. Great shoe, as expected. They feel slightly more stable than the first two editions, which is welcome, but other than that it's more of the same. I'm going to enjoy running in these.

Advertisement