Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What shoes you wearing now and what next?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭marathon2022

The speed 3 is the most disappointing shoe I've ever used. After the amazing game changing 1 and good version 2 this shoe is absolutely awful. No rocker, no energy return no use..

• Registered Users Posts: 16,047 ✭✭✭✭event

You've been asking about daily trainers since the middle of April 😀
    No one is going to be able to recommend a shoe that is perfect for you, you're going to have to make a decision and go for it. Its piss or get off the pot time 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭sk8board

If Boards was a running shoe shop, we’d have sold you a pair of Brooks adrenaline gts weeks ago and sent you on your way! Maybe even the Ghost if you were fancy 😃

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭macchoille

Post edited by macchoille on

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭macchoille

I’m on my second pair. Funny enough I loved the first pair in green/orange (which I’ve demoted to short easy runs) but I found the second pair a bit meh ; not sure if it’s a QC thing or not

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭winstonia

Back running after an Achilles issue which I'm blaming the addidas Boston 11s for. Using the speed 3s and they are fine, bit soft although only done 12ks since injury. Amazing how fast your fitness goes. 6k was a struggle by the end although I was running too fast but I can't do 6min k in the speed 3s.

Had 2 months off

Ive put about 1000km on all my Speeds. The 3 is a weird one - with the 1 & 2 it was a session & tempo shoe for sure, whereas with the 3 I find myself using it for the easy+strides runs, or a long run, and I use something else for the sessions.

Also, most shoes feel lovely on their first run, but the Speed 3 feel noticeably ‘off’ on the first run or two and then they settled down and are just fine.
    I liked them, but with so many choices now, I’ll get the New Balance Rebel v4 for the easy+strides runs instead, the Speed 4 @ €200 is too much for that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

My Ghost Max have just bitten the dust after a Marathon Block. They are a serious workhorse. They put down about 900 miles since February before finally giving up.

I used the Vaporfly for the race and have to say I loved them.

I’m thinking about using the summer to just try out a few new shoes for both shorter races and daily runs.

I’ve been looking at the Adidas Adios 8 and the Saucony Triumph?

Has anyone any reviews?

Note: I have been completely bitten by the running shoe bug and am now completely addicted.

The saucony triumph are a very solid daily trainer, you won't go wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭BOB81

I have both and am a big fan of the triumph (i've got 21), a really comfy long run shoe and a great daily trainer for easy miles, I've 200 miles on them and would buy another pair in a heartbeat. For the Adios 8 I've not raced in it - just use it for speed-work so far, only have 30 miles on them but perfect for this I think and I'll probably do a 5k in it later in the summer. got them for €103 on runnnerinn and I see them at €105 on runningwarehouse.eu which I think is a good price. Reviews I read suggested that the adios 8 is just a cut-price takumi sen but they do the job for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭thehairygrape

Runners World reviewed the triumph 22 and was not impressed, especially in comparison to the 21. So you might want to buy another 21 or 20 before they go out of stock. Major gripe with these companies changing their shoes, and not always for the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Doctor's of running also reviewed. Said it's a completely different shoe. Triumph 21 should be on sale most places now, I know they're 30% off on the Saucony website. Get 'em before it's too late!

Saucony have form, they ruined the speed range with the 3 and by some accounts the pro 4 is getting a lot less love than the 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

That’s the end of these Alphas they served me well. Any good deals for carbons?

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

hard to get deals on Carbon shoes - I’ve seen the Adidas Adios Pro 3 and the Saucony Endorphin Pro 3 both on sales in most of the usual places

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

Thanks. I’ve only ever had the Nike Vapour/Alpha carbons. I think I might branch out. Anyone try the Hoka carbon X ?

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭thehairygrape

picked up Hoka Carbon rocket for half price in France somewhere a couple of years ago. Not used them much. Just not comfortable in them. But that’s a personal thing.

Has anyone seen any good deals for the NB FuelCell Rebel V4. Cant see them anywhere cheaper than RRP, €160

I finally gave up last night and paid the €160 on the official NB site - they got stock in last night. im running on wooden shoes for the past few weeks waiting for a deal anywhere. Its mad there’s no deal anywhere, but I’m sure thats linked to the fact that all the sites are out of stock for the normal sizes - I don’t think I’ve ever paid sticker price for a pair of shoes ever 🙄😀

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭wersal gummage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭wersal gummage

I made a similar comment a few posts back, it's bizarre. Thankfully I went mad enough picking up bargains over the last two years that I still have some stock, but I've been keeping an eye out for months and haven't seen any good deals, I'm mostly looking for new balance fuelcell, the super trainers or rave shoes, and addidas prime, have picked them up previously heavily discounted.... would like to try asics superblast but no hope !

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Sheedy234

Just bought mizuno rebellion pro 2 for 162 delivered. Tried them on in running shop and they are class can't wait to try them out on road.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭FinnC

Ordered a pair of Adidas Adizero SL2 today, getting great reviews and for €130 it's a decent price nowadays.

I got mine on sport shoes a few months ago for €167, but generally speaking they are a shoe that definitely can be got under €200 these days, I certainly wouldn’t pay the €250, they’re about 2.5years old and the new one is due late this year, so definitely deals will appear

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Sono

onto my 2nd pair of Clifton 9’s, most comfortable pair of runners I’ve ever had. Couldn’t recommend them enough, just be careful if you have a wide foot to order the wide fitting one online, shops here don’t tend to stock them.

Yeah its a disaster. Might have to do the same. Some of the new colourways are great

• Registered Users Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Seems fairly slim pickings on the ASICS outlet too. I definitely picked up a pair of novablast 2 around this time last year for €90, and then even got a couple more pairs over the summer at €70, they don't have any novablast 3 left In my size on the outlet at all, so don't think I'll be doing the same!

I bought a couple of pairs of 3s last October and I still have an unopened pair, so I'm fine for a while, but I'm pretty sure I'll need to pick up another pair of something over marathon training.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Finished up with Saucony Guide 14s recently, looks like I went through 7 pairs of them. Onto Brooks Adrenaline GTS 23s now. Had the 19s and 20s a few years ago.

how many miles were you getting on the Guides before they were done?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Advertisement