Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What shoes you wearing now and what next?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

My Saucony 5's arrived. I ordered them in size 10 instead of 11. Damn and blast it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

davedanon wrote: »
    My Saucony 5's arrived. I ordered them in size 10 instead of 11. Damn and blast it.

anyone buying or selling the sauconys ?

PaulieC wrote: »
    anyone buying or selling the sauconys ?

Not sure what you mean. I wonder is it possible to exchange them in one of the running shops? that would be the best solution for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,084 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Don't know why I bought these, not even in 5k shape.
    But they are now lightly sitting in my parcel motel :P

Saucony Endorphin Racer

saucony-endorphin-racer-s29015-1.jpg

Goes off to pre-book physio treatment on calves and Achilles!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭neilc

Anybody in Dublin sell the new balance fresh foam Zante for men ??

The Run Hub in Ashtown have them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭uvox

Using Hoka One One Conquest 2s and Hoka One One Mafate 4s. Awesome performance. I'm on my eight pair of Hokas. Looking forward to trying out the Challenger ATRs...

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭paulers06

Got a pair of Brooks Pureflow for speed work. Taken them for a few spins and loving them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Cona

Pink11 wrote: »
    Very happy with the Kayano 21s for anyone on the fence. I used to use GTs but won't be using them again. Kayano feels lighter and more secure.

But now I'm wondering could I even get an even lighter shoe that does the same as the Kayano? (I need good stability).

Can anyone give a few suggestions? Finding it hard to find alternatives online. Was thinking Nike's lunarglide?

Nike Lunarglide add too much stability for my liking. If you want a light, heavily cushioned shoe, try on the Nike Pegasus. Its what I wear for all long runs and think they are fantastic.

Pink11 wrote: »
    Very happy with the Kayano 21s for anyone on the fence. I used to use GTs but won't be using them again. Kayano feels lighter and more secure.

But now I'm wondering could I even get an even lighter shoe that does the same as the Kayano? (I need good stability).

Can anyone give a few suggestions? Finding it hard to find alternatives online. Was thinking Nike's lunarglide?

try the gorun ride by Skechers

<snip>

I have a few pairs of version 3 and they are great. light with plenty of cushion with some stability. there was a person using Kayano's before and loves them.
    I much prefer them over lunarglides which I had before.

Don't be worried about the Skechers brand - they make seriously good running shoes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭6781

Got a pair of Mizuno wave inspire 11 in Amphibian King the weekend. Early days yet but very happy with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 429 ✭✭denis160

uvox wrote: »
    Using Hoka One One Conquest 2s and Hoka One One Mafate 4s. Awesome performance. I'm on my eight pair of Hokas. Looking forward to trying out the Challenger ATRs...

Do you mind me asking where you bought these? Looking for somewhere in the south east or near enough to travel too & can't sem to find where they're stocked, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

Just put my 1000th mile on a pair of adidas supernova sequence 7 boost this morning. When I got them first I thought they were a little heavy but soon got used to them. The boost cushioning is brilliant and they have great support. They still have a good bit of bounce in them. I'm a forefoot striker and am very heavy on shoes and apart from the wear right under the balls of my feet the shoes are still in excellent condition. They've seen me through all my training for the Frankfurt marathon at the end of the month. I've never done as much mileage and so far am still in one piece (touching every piece of wood in the vicinity!). I really couldn't recommend these shoes more highly. And the good news for me is that they are available on mandmdirect for €50 at the moment. They had been only €62 but there's a further 20% off! Needless to say I've ordered a pair. They're black and orange so not the most attractive colour but for that price....

25% off on adidas.ie today with the code "FRIENDS"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,531 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

I've been wearing Mizuno Hitogami 2 shoes for a couple of months now, and have to say, I've found them really great. A really snug fit, they feel fast, pretty light (about the same as the Kinvara), and they cup the foot really well (wore them in a trail race, where much of the route ran along the side of a mountain, so a tight snug fit was crucial for ankle support). I fell out of love with the Saucony Kinvara on their 6th revision, and have found the shift back to a shoe with a larger heel to toe drop (9mm) hasn't had any significant negative effect. In fact, I'm beginning to wonder if perhaps it makes sense to rotate between the two styles of shoe every other year, so you don't build an over-dependence (or carpal tunnel syndrome!). Will definitely be wearing a pair for my upcoming marathon (having used them for sessions and long runs).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Krusty, stick shoes in continual rotation for different runs.

There was a research paper on the transitioning from low back up to high ramp. It's just as important as going low to high. Apparently they showed that patella tendon issues can arise as pressure moved from the back of the leg to the front.

I think it is better to just keep rotating shoes continually. Have a 'go-to' pair but keep it all mixed up trail / fast / steady / etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,531 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

AKW wrote: »
    Krusty, stick shoes in continual rotation for different runs.

There was a research paper on the transitioning from low back up to high ramp. It's just as important as going low to high. Apparently they showed that patella tendon issues can arise as pressure moved from the back of the leg to the front.

I think it is better to just keep rotating shoes continually. Have a 'go-to' pair but keep it all mixed up trail / fast / steady / etc
    Yeah, that's what I do. I use the Hitogami for my marathon sessions, Saucony Type A6 for short/fast intervals (200m,3k-5k reps), Sayonara 2 and Saucony Kinvara for easy runs, any old shoes for my grass runs, and soon enough, the spikes will be re-emerging. :mad:

I tried the hitogamis and they were very good. Quite similar to the Kinvara 4s, but I found they wore down on the sole quite quickly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

I got a pair of Nike Zoom Pegasus 32 last week and am loving them, they are so light & comfy yet perfect level of cushioning for my foot, my first time buying Nike after 3 pairs of Saucony & one New Balance - which I don't think I'd go back to again.

Funny how different brands suit different people. Over the last couple of years I've tried on a good few pairs of Nike shoes and each time I've left them in the shop. Straight away they just don't feel right for whatever kind of shape my feet are!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭dekbhoy

adidas boost and now adidas boost ultra. really good shoe imo on hard surfaces

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

Can't find bargain alerts so putting it here as runways on Parnell St is closing down so sale on. Think they close tomorrow week.
    Just bought first pair of Saucony in a rush so hope they are ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭hot buttered scones

Adidas Boston Boost 5 (love em) and Adidas Supernova Glide Boost 7 (meh). I love the Boston Boost - light and airy and just feel fast, whereas I find the Suprnova's a bit clumpy and unstable for my liking. The Glides are also a bit tight of the top of the foot. Just spotted the Bostons on mandmdirect for 55 euro - http://www.mandmdirect.ie/01/details/AD10825/adidas-Mens-Adizero-Boston-Boost-5-Neutral-Running-Shoes-Red-Black - a great deal in my opinion. I've done everything from speedwork to long runs in them and I can't fault them tbh. I'd advise going a half size up though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

aquinn wrote: »
    Can't find bargain alerts so putting it here as runways on Parnell St is closing down so sale on. Think they close tomorrow week.
    Just bought first pair of Saucony in a rush so hope they are ok.

Just saw that today, but I was rushing home for my dinner. I will have to look again during the week, when I am picking up a black shirt. Looks pretty empty, what kind of reductions have they?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

was in there last week, thought it was poor. It's advertised as cost price, but most of the stuff isn't even half price.

christeb wrote: »
    was in there last week, thought it was poor. It's advertised as cost price, but most of the stuff isn't even half price.

Might be as half price is no where near cost price for footwear, cost is not as cheap as you might think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Don't know why I bought these, not even in 5k shape.
    But they are now lightly sitting in my parcel motel :P

Saucony Endorphin Racer

Goes off to pre-book physio treatment on calves and Achilles!

Those are very like the New Balance minimus zero design.

MR10V2!NB-23571_d.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,084 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Ruu wrote: »
    Those are very like the New Balance minimus zero design.

MR10V2!NB-23571_d.jpg

I have to say the Saucony Endorphin's are super comfy, don't know how long they'll last though as they feel super flimsy, I'm nearly afraid to pull the tongue when putting them on.
    Have just used them for 1 race, a 1 mile track race and they are sooo light, I may even wear them instead of spikes next summer.
    A big thumbs up from me so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Finglas Flier

Stick with New balance for me. Have tried others but I find I can run miles with these shoes straight out of the box.

Runways closing?
    Didn't know that...

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but could anyone recommend a trail shoe for a trail running beginner?

I wear Saucony Ride 7s for road running.

(sorry if this is the wrong place).

• Advertisement

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but could anyone recommend a trail shoe for a trail running beginner?

I wear Saucony Ride 7s for road running.

(sorry if this is the wrong place).

Worth having a look at something like the Saucony Excursion. Will be similar fit to the Ride giving you confidence in the familiarity but with a grippy outsole.

There is TONS of choice though! :)

Advertisement