Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What shoes you wearing now and what next?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

Finally retired my trusty sequence boost 7's after over 1700 miles and have continued with the same shoe for the first time ever. By far the best shoe I've ever had. Excellent cushioning, support and durability for logging the big mileage. I'm a forefoot striker and am heavy on shoes. I couldn't believe how these lasted. I probably should have retired them a bit sooner but the regular strava reminders were annoying me no end. According to them we should be changing shoes after 300-500 miles! Jaysus I'd be broke! (I reckon they're all in it together!) I went with the sequence 7 again rather than the 8 update as the reviews weren't as good and as the saying goes, "if it ain't broke..."

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭paulers06

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

So after 3 months of running on a cheap unknown brand of shoe I made my 1st investment today.

http://www.underarmour.eu/en-ie/mens-ua-micro-g-speed-swift-running-shoes/1266208.html?dwvar_1266208_color=001&cgid=mens-footwear-running

They were reduced from €80 to €60 in Lifestyle sport & felt nice on so thought "feck it" just try them. Will report on them in about a month, they are going to get their 1st outing on a slow 5km run tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,084 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

paulers06 wrote: »

Yep, heading to one of their signature days next month, so they are brining along a few sizes for me.

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Yep, heading to one of their signature days next month, so they are brining along a few sizes for me.

Make sure you report back! Looking forward to hearing what they're like

• Advertisement

Looking for a new pair of everyday training shoes for easy and long runs, replacing my Saucony Ride 8's. I was thinking of trying an Adidas shoe but am getting a little lost with the huge selection. Any recommendations? Was thinking the Supernova Glide 8 or Adizero Boston Boost 5. Is the Adizero too light for distance running?

Looking for a new pair of everyday training shoes for easy and long runs, replacing my Saucony Ride 8's. I was thinking of trying an Adidas shoe but am getting a little lost with the huge selection. Any recommendations? Was thinking the Supernova Glide 8 or Adizero Boston Boost 5. Is the Adizero too light for distance running?

I have the Boston 5, great every day shoe, I would wear to the marathon and beyond, very durable also. Just bought another pair last weekend when the bottom fell out of Sterling.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Kemboi

Have both. Glide for longer/easy runs and Boston for shorter stuff and races. Great shoes and as said very durable.

Good deals on both on mandmdirect.com, got mine there. Adidas fit smaller for me, need 1/2 size up.

Great thanks! Might go for the Glide and look at the Boston again when my race shoes need replacing

Kemboi wrote: »
    Good deals on both on mandmdirect.com, got mine there.

Great advice, got them for €33 inc delivery, thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

solereview.com name the glide as their best shoe of 2016

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Bought a pair of Wave runner 19 last week. Arrived today. Not really all that cushioned to be honest.

They will take a bit of getting used to. I'll use them mainly for easy and recovery runs. Maybe long runs too, but I'll have to wear them a few times before taking them for a long run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

My birthday present Kayano 22s arrived today - test run tomorrow! I'm really boring and have only missed one version since the 14...

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭boydkev

I did the Saucony Stride Lab in cork during the week and they suggested i try the Saucony Mirage 5 as an alternative to my Asics DS Trainers as they are similar but have a bigger toe and heel but the same drop. I got to try a pair on and run on the treadmill. They were very comfortable and felt good to run in.
    But they dont seem to make them anymore which is odd as to why the recommended them, Not sure if the Zealot is the replacement.
    Does anybody run in the Mirage 5's?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,994 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Well my Brooks Ghost 7 have lots of life yet but an extra 20% off on sportspursuit last night finally pushed me over the edge in my want form Mizuno Wave Rider 19s. They are winging their way over to me, great price of €60 plus €8 shipping (although thats spead out as I bought some bike gear too)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

A pair of Saucony A6s, and a pair of Kinvara 6s ordered off sportshoes.com for a total of €131.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

I've not been running for long, gave up a few years ago due to shin splints and other things. I started doing canicross with the dog and had a gait analysis done in Elverys, they recommended Brooks Adrenaline GTS, and they have been great, no shin splints at all. They are now falling apart, and I picked a pair of Karrimor up at the weekend - based mainly on colour and price. Went running last night and my shins were niggling by the end. So I guess back to the Brooks, can't see anywhere to get them cheaper on line, so back to Elverys and €140.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Where are you based? Maybe try Run Hub or Amphibian King for Gait analysis this time?

muddypaws wrote: »
    I've not been running for long, gave up a few years ago due to shin splints and other things. I started doing canicross with the dog and had a gait analysis done in Elverys, they recommended Brooks Adrenaline GTS, and they have been great, no shin splints at all. They are now falling apart, and I picked a pair of Karrimor up at the weekend - based mainly on colour and price. Went running last night and my shins were niggling by the end. So I guess back to the Brooks, can't see anywhere to get them cheaper on line, so back to Elverys and €140.

Lots of sizes here, I ordered from this company a few weeks ago and even got a packet of jelly beans. You need to go via parcel motel or an alternative as the only ship to the UK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

Lots of sizes here, I ordered from this company a few weeks ago and even got a packet of jelly beans. You need to go via parcel motel or an alternative as the only ship to the UK.

Thank you, found them on that link for a really good price.

• Advertisement

Make sure you report back! Looking forward to hearing what they're like

Picked up yesterday, took them on a 10 mile trot straight out of the box

giphy.gif

Seems a shame to retire these 2 pairs of Puma Faas, no real visible signs of wear, but are beginning to feel a little 'dead'.
    They've been excellent value for their combined 1k miles + @ < 1c / min

28104198760_a88a7a1977_o.jpg

Seems a shame to retire these 2 pairs of Puma Faas, no real visible signs of wear, but are beginning to feel a little 'dead'.
    They've been excellent value for their combined 1k miles + @ < 1c / min

28104198760_a88a7a1977_o.jpg

Are they all dead shoes? I bet Missus Beep just loves those hanging in the side passage...

davedanon wrote: »
    Are they all dead shoes? I bet Missus Beep just loves those hanging in the side passage...

Waiting for my next trip to India

Waiting for my next trip to India

Seriously?

Seriously?

Yep, will pack an extra bag and give it to the local running club in Hyderabad

Yep, will pack an extra bag and give it to the local running club in Hyderabad

Is there a similar way of disposing old shoes here? I hate throwing mine in the bin.

Is there a similar way of disposing old shoes here? I hate throwing mine in the bin.

I've tried unsuccessfully a few times, did give a load to a charity focused on running as part of a program in Galway before.
    But apart for your local Sue Ryder / VDP / etc, not aware of anything running specific.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 435 ✭✭Coffee Fulled Runner

Just ordered my 4th pair of Mizuno wave inspire 11. How boring am I?

• Advertisement

Just ordered my 4th pair of Mizuno wave inspire 11. How boring am I?

If it ain't broke...

Advertisement