Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What shoes you wearing now and what next?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,084 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Is there much support in the adidas boost 2/3?

Maybe I am doing something wrong here: But on on runrepeat it has the lauch lighter than the boost

http://runrepeat.com/brooks-launch

http://runrepeat.com/adidas-energy-boost

Adios Boost not Energy Boost:
    http://runrepeat.com/adidas-adizero-adios-boost-2-0
    http://runrepeat.com/adidas-adizero-adios-boost
    Reasonable amount of support, I've used in a few marathons with no issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Picked up a pair of Kayano 22s - gait analysis person seemed very knowledgeable. First proper test was at the FD10, all good.

Out of interest, how much?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,494 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Out of interest, how much?

125 in Lifestyle Sports. Seem to be gone from their website now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 752 ✭✭✭TheBigGreen

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Adios Boost not Energy Boost:
    http://runrepeat.com/adidas-adizero-adios-boost-2-0
    http://runrepeat.com/adidas-adizero-adios-boost
    Reasonable amount of support, I've used in a few marathons with no issues.

I have Adios Boost too with 200 miles on them. How many miles have you on yours?

I have Adios Boost too with 200 miles on them. How many miles have you on yours?

242 on the 2's and 100 on the 3's

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

242 on the 2's and 100 on the 3's

In all seriousness, how do you keep track, given that you have a gazillion pairs of shoes?

davedanon wrote: »
    In all seriousness, how do you keep track, given that you have a gazillion pairs of shoes?

29138144391_20fb4af36d_o.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

But it still means logging the miles every time you run in a particular pair of shoes, right?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

You can flag in strava what shoes you run in and it keeps track of these things for you.

davedanon wrote: »
    But it still means logging the miles every time you run in a particular pair of shoes, right?

I use strava also, but I like to keep all my training on excel, so it's just a field with a lookup on another sheet.

29110625782_dd1f5942df_b.jpg

29184558436_6f258ef991_o.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

#runningnerd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 752 ✭✭✭TheBigGreen

I use strava also, but I like to keep all my training on excel, so it's just a field with a lookup on another sheet.

29110625782_dd1f5942df_b.jpg

29184558436_6f258ef991_o.jpg

Some going! :)

I just use Strava, thinking about getting another pair of Boost 3 or Nike Lunaracer+ 3.

Anyone have the Lunaracer+ 3?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,483 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Duanington wrote: »
    Currently running longer\easy stuff in these:

http://www.runnersworld.com/shoe/adidas-supernova-sequence-boost-8-mens

I like them, lots of stability but without any real weighty feeling. Not sure I'd race in them but I definitely like them for long runs and general easy stuff

What's your opinion on the magic energy return feature of the Boost, D? Thinking of changing from Saucony Omni to the stability version of this shoe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

Murph_D wrote:
    What's your opinion on the magic energy return feature of the Boost, D? Thinking of changing from Saucony Omni to the stability version of this shoe.

I've been in the sequence boost 7 for the last year and a half. I can't comment on the 8 but the sole unit is identical in both. They are a great shoe with great energy return. They are also very durable. I did over 1700 miles in my first pair! Am 400 miles into their replacements with very little wear showing. This is the first time I've ever gone for the same shoe when I was getting new ones. Both the 7 and 8 are available on mandmdirect.ie at the moment for great value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,531 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Anyone any experience of running in Adidas Takumi Sen? Just breaking them in now and considering them for an upcoming marathon. They're very light, but have fantastic grip. Research suggests that they are suitable for marathon distances, but just wondering if anyone here had any first-hand experience.

adidas-adizero-takumi-sen-3-af4019.jpg

Anyone any experience of running in Adidas Takumi Sen? Just breaking them in now and considering them for an upcoming marathon. They're very light, but have fantastic grip. Research suggests that they are suitable for marathon distances, but just wondering if anyone here had any first-hand experience.

adidas-adizero-takumi-sen-3-af4019.jpg

:rolleyes:
    I have these and purchased with the intention of potentially using in a marathon.
    I used them on a couple of 20M+ runs with 8-10 miles at marathon pace.
    During the runs I found them light and responsive and really came into play in the MP section when you begin to utilize the minimal amount of boost.

However, I did find that my legs took an extra couple of days to recover post session, so for me I felt they just landed on the risk side of the risk-reward continuum.

Resigned them to 10M - HM races and the odd session, also chuck them in my carry on for work travel as they are light and mine are black so can double up as a casual when kicking around the hotel in the evenings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

TK Max Blanchardstown have the following as of lunchtime today,

Size 6
    1 pair Sketchers Go Run Ride 4 €54.99

Size 7
    1 pair Brooks Adrenaline GTS 15 (was 2 until I got there) €46.99
    1 Adidas Sonic Boost €69.99

Size 7.5
    Puma Sequence €39.99

Size 8
    New Balance 860v5 €54.99
    Sketchers Go Run 4 €54,99
    Brooks Transcend 2 €54.99
    Brooks Adrenaline GTS 15 €46.99
    New Balance Vacee Pace €54.99, also in other sizes

Size 9
    A few New Balance 860v5 €54.99

They also had a number of New Balance 890s, Transcend 2s in big giant feet sizes.

I only really noticed the number of each shoe in my own size but as the sizes got bigger they amount did too, but for most there were only 1 or 2 until the really big sizes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 558 ✭✭✭clear thinking

My Saucony Hattori supply finally ran out in February or so. Took a while to admit the worn out junk was no longer actually usable runners. :(

saucony-hattori-lc-lace-up-review-a-massively-improved-update-to-sauconys-first-zero-drop-shoe.jpg

So currently on the comparatively heavy Innov8 F-lite 235, what a runner though, comfortable, 0 drop and good for trail, road grass and track sessions

359986_400_ss_01?scl=3.125&qlt=70&fmt=jpeg&wid=480&hei=359&op_sharpen=1

Next up is saucony's latest ..... can't wait!!! The endorphin. Got all in the €50-€75 range to boot

mens-saucony-endorphin-racer-citron-viziorange-409238_1000_45.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Itziger

Folks is there much difference between the Adizero Adios 2 and the newer version?

Besides the bleeding price like, which is why I'm asking.

Would they be ok for a 67kg lad at around 3 hour marathon ability?

Itziger wrote: »
    Folks is there much difference between the Adizero Adios 2 and the newer version?

Besides the bleeding price like, which is why I'm asking.

Would they be ok for a 67kg lad at around 3 hour marathon ability?

I've both, the 3's are a little more than a colour change, the main noticeable changes for me are:
    Weight: The 3's are 14gms lighter in my 10.5's (240 v 254)
    Sole: There's a better grip pattern in the 3's, with less of the Boost exposed, though the ride and responsiveness are very similar.
    Fit: I feel they've widened the forefront on the 3's leading to a slightly more roomer feel versus the narrower, more pointy 2's.
    Comfort: The 3's feel that little bit more comfortable for me, they both used the same materials from what I can see, but they just feel a little nicer to wear.

Having said that I've worn both for marathon distance and raced in the 3's for a sub 3 at about 69kg, no issues and have enough about them as you start to fatigue.
    Sweatshop have a good range of sizes in the (orange/black - my ones) for £56 as the new A/W colours are out.

• Advertisement

I've both, the 3's are a little more than a colour change, the main noticeable changes for me are
    Just for a change of pace - what shoes don't you have?!

Just for a change of pace - what shoes don't you have?!

Mizuno - can you stick up a review?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,855 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Used my brooks hyperion for tempo runs over the last two weeks. Loving them I have to
    say.

Mizuno - can you stick up a review?
    I'm a bit hit and miss on the Mizunos. In other words, they'll bring out a pair that's a big hit... Then they'll change it and it migrates into the 'miss' bucket. Take the Hitogami 2 shoe:
    88814.jpg
    It's light, comfortable, snug fit.. Hell, they even look good. At around €70-€80 a pop, they were a good light high mileage shoe, that weren't out of place on an easy mid-week 10 miler or a 20 mile progression run.

Roll on the Hitogami 3:
    118156.jpg

Although I paid a similar price, the fit is suddenly not as good. The same size shoe seems to have a lot more room around the forefoot/toe-box. Snug-fit has given way to 'roomy', and it no longer feels like an extension of my foot (like the Hitogami 2), but rather an attachment. When running in the '2', I'd be blissfully unaware that I was wearing shoes. With the '3', I have to keep an eye out on foot placement. Maybe I just need to tighten the laces, or drop a size (which I could've done if bought in a brick&mortar shop), but right now, I feel more comfortable and secure running in the older shoe.

I feel exactly the same way about the Sayonara, having recently adopted the '3'. I think the models are progressively getting worse. The Sayonara is a slightly heavier cushioned shoe, good for easy mid-week runs on tired legs (a little more heel to toe drop).

So I'll continue to run in both shoes, but the Adidas Takumi Sen currently has pride of place, in is the likely candidate for the upcoming marathon. I'll run a hard 20 miles in them this weekend, just to be sure. I expect running the marathon in them will indeed come at a cost, but hopefully that cost doesn't come until after the race is done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭uvox

Just got the Hoka OneOne Clifton 3. Put 100km on them and my conclusion is they 're better than Clifton 2, not quite as good as the Clifton 1. Shame they don't have the big toebox of the Clayton, but still worth considering if you're into hardcore road endurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

So I'll continue to run in both shoes, but the Adidas Takumi Sen currently has pride of place, in is the likely candidate for the upcoming marathon. I'll run a hard 20 miles in them this weekend, just to be sure. I expect running the marathon in them will indeed come at a cost, but hopefully that cost doesn't come until after the race is done.

How did they go for you Krusty?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Enduro

uvox wrote: »
    but still worth considering if you're into hardcore road endurance.

How would you know?

Bahanaman wrote: »
    How did they go for you Krusty?
    Well, so far I've worn them for a hard treadmill session (7 miles @5:36/mile), a 7 mile steady road run, a half-marathon race and 20 miles with 15@ marathon pace (total ~85 miles). There's definitely a cost associated with them, but as light/racing flat shoes go, they're about as cushioned as you get. I certainly wouldn't have considered doing those kind of sessions in Endorphins, or even A6s and figure I'll just about get away with covering the marathon distance in them. I won't even wear them again on the road until the big day, because of the associated risk. But they're definitely perfectly suitable for 1/2 marathon distances and if you're fairly injury-resilient or very light, could stretch to the marathon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 429 ✭✭denis160

uvox wrote: »
    Just got the Hoka OneOne Clifton 3. Put 100km on them and my conclusion is they 're better than Clifton 2, not quite as good as the Clifton 1. Shame they don't have the big toebox of the Clayton, but still worth considering if you're into hardcore road endurance.

Can I ask what you wore going to the hoka's? I suffer with PF & have read that these runners can help with that? I'ld be coming from a structured shoe (Adrenaline) but am conscious of making the change as they're not cheap? Also where did you buy them? thanks, D.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭El Caballo

Shopping spree today and went with something a little off the beaten path for me.

NB Zante v2. Not used to a heavily cushioned shoe but hearing really good things about these and at 8.3oz, could be the perfect easy and long run shoe for me.

mzantrd2_nb_14_i?$dw_temp_default_gallery$

NB 1500v2.

m1500ol2_nb_14_i?$dw_temp_default_gallery$

Adidas Adizero Avanti boosts. drools!

Adidas-Adizero-Avanti-Shoes-AW16-Shoes-Run-Spike-White-AW16-BB4092.jpg?w=430&h=430&a=7

Advertisement