Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What shoes you wearing now and what next?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭opus

Bought another pair of Lidl runners yesterday, the last pair I bought there are have over 500km on them now and haven't seen any problems. Bit heavier than other shoes I've got is about the only thing.

They only ever seem to have one pair in my size so have to be there at opening time to make sure I snag them :) Can't go wrong with €19.99!

14eaq6u.jpg

Picked up a pair of shorts as well while I was there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,667 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Looking for an Asics Cumulus replacement (neutral cushioned) - has anyone made the move to a New Balance equivalent?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭hot buttered scones

opus wrote:
    Bought another pair of Lidl runners yesterday, the last pair I bought there are have over 500km on them now and haven't seen any problems. Bit heavier than other shoes I've got is about the only thing.

They only ever seem to have one pair in my size so have to be there at opening time to make sure I snag them Can't go wrong with €19.99!

I missed them again. I really want to try a pair of these out. I rotate shoes a lot - if I was to get these I'd use them for recovery runs and save my "good" shoes for long runs and sessions, so weight wouldn't really be an issue. Although I'm currently trying to eke the last 50 miles or so out a couple of pairs of well worn Glide boost - if I can make it 500 miles in them I'll have well gotten my money's worth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭hot buttered scones

Cartman78 wrote:
    Looking for an Asics Cumulus replacement (neutral cushioned) - has anyone made the move to a New Balance equivalent?

I haven't worn either. But the Nike Pegasus 33s are quite good. Neutral, light enough and fairly well cushioned. I think the 34s are out now so you could probably pick up a cheap pair of 33s. I know that's not what you asked, but if you want a decent neutral shoe they'd do the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

Cartman78 wrote: »

Adidas Supernova are meant to be good. See they are selling at €60 on the Lifestyle website. Might be a good option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭DC.

Recently bought a pair of adidas Supernova & I've found them heavy. Maybe spoiled running in Hoka Cliftons for the past couple of years.

Just use the Supernovas as a daily trainer now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭El Caballo

jonnner wrote: »
    Do you mind me asking where did you order the Vaporfly from? They're sold out on the Nike site.
    I got a pair of the Zoom Fly and have been very impressed. They don't make you quicker imo, but they do encourage you to run quicker (while still hitting normal heart rate for that pace). The comfort is unreal though, and if they suit your running style you'll definitely be less beat up after a run.

Sorry jonner, just seen this now but they kind of fell into my lap, a mate of mine in the states bought 4 pairs and gave them to me at retail.

First impressions of the shoe so far is that it feels like nothing I've ever wore before and it feels very strange at first. The cushioning is absolutely unreal even when walking, they feel like pillows under your feet but even with all that cushioning, they feel unbelievably responsive almost to the point where I'd say they feel like you are running on little trampolines.

They are the best road shoes I've ever run in by a country mile and the adizero adios boost pales in comparison. The feel is just incredible

• Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

El Caballo wrote: »
    Sorry jonner, just seen this now but they kind of fell into my lap, a mate of mine in the states bought 4 pairs and gave them to me at retail.

First impressions of the shoe so far is that it feels like nothing I've ever wore before and it feels very strange at first. The cushioning is absolutely unreal even when walking, they feel like pillows under your feet but even with all that cushioning, they feel unbelievably responsive almost to the point where I'd say they feel like you are running on little trampolines.

They are the best road shoes I've ever run in by a country mile and the adizero adios boost pales in comparison. The feel is just incredible

just looked up these vaporfly 4%'s. $250! :eek::eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Anybody see any older kinavara's on sale? Would wave riders be similar?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

RasTa wrote: »
    Anybody see any older kinavara's on sale? Would wave riders be similar?

Kinvara 7's currently available on sportsshoes.com

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Waveriders would be heavier and higher drops than Kinvara.

what versions are you looking for ?

https://pricespy.co.uk/#rparams=ss=saucony%20kinvara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

The cheapest. I'd even go back to 5's.

The ones I have I used for trekking to Everest and I stepped in a lot of donkey **** during it. The trek also about 340km's + using as a walking shoe means they got a bit battered.

None in my size in the link posted, I knew I should have bought 2 pairs last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Coffee Fulled Runner

I spotted an ad for these shoes on my google ads.
    https://en.enko-running-shoes.com
    What the actual faaak!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

https://www.outsideonline.com/1930921/will-next-gen-running-shoes-be-banned
    Dear Fritz,

You are correct in assuming that the Enko shoe would not be allowed.

Best Regards,

IAAF

• Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

picked up a pair of Brooks Glycerin 15 from Runlogic in Temple Bar last week. €136, which is pricey but they are seriously comfy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

Thinking of getting a pair of Roclite 280 shoes for 55 yoyo. Any comments on these?

Thinking of getting a pair of Roclite 280 shoes for 55 yoyo. Any comments on these?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

Itziger wrote: »

What are you planning to use them on?
    I've got an old pair of TrailRoc, found them great, don't think the lugs are as big as the Roclites, so they can be used on routes with both road and off-road.
    There's a new version out just recently.

Haven't got a bad word to say about Inov-8, just brilliant shoes.

I've got an old pair of TrailRoc, found them great, don't think the lugs are as big as the Roclites, so they can be used on routes with both road and off-road.

I have a long, for me, trail race coming up and I don't have any trail shoes! It won't be too rocky or muddy I think just classic woodland trail mostly

I have a long, for me, trail race coming up and I don't have any trail shoes! It won't be too rocky or muddy I think just classic woodland trail mostly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Down South

Just had my first gait analysis and went with Saucony Ride 10s. 2 previous pairs of goto shoes were asics cumulus.

Tempo run tonight to test them out

There's a ton of inov-8 options, but at €55, the Roclite looks like a pretty good deal.
    Never had a pair of those myself though.

There's a ton of inov-8 options, but at €55, the Roclite looks like a pretty good deal.
    Never had a pair of those myself though.

Thanks, what do the Inov8 tend to fit like? Snug, roomy, wide? I am about to order UK size 9

(Hopefully doesn't post twice)

Thanks, what do the Inov8 tend to fit like? Snug, roomy, wide? I am about to order UK size 9

(Hopefully doesn't post twice)

I take a size 7 shoe, was an 8 in Asics runners, and that stayed the same when I moved to inov-8 a few years ago.
    They have two lasts, Standard and Precision. Most of the running shoes are Standard, that basically means they're quite roomy in the toe-box, allowing your foot to splay. Snug enough in the heel which is good.

One thing I did notice in the last pair I bought a few months back is that while side by side they look similar to my older shoes, they feel a tiny bit less roomy than older models.
    I'd nearly consider my next pair going a half size bigger, but afraid it would be too loose.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Has anyone bought the Brooks Asteria?

I bought them a few months ago, I don't think I like them. They seem very hard when you make contact with the ground, very unlike brooks ST5 and hyperion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

Has anyone bought the Brooks Asteria?

I bought them a few months ago, I don't think I like them. They seem very hard when you make contact with the ground, very unlike brooks ST5 and hyperion.

I have them and thought the same just comparing to the ST5. I still use them up to HM but the ST5 were more comfortable.
    I was initially thinking it was just because I put on a few kgs but still feels unforgiving now....

I'll still use them but will buy something else if anybody has a recommendation... Think I tried on the fastwitch before and liked them but never bought...
    Are racers generally personal preference and less specific to your gait, maybe offset being the one to look out for???

On a slightly different note, I recently moved from brooks adrenalines to saucony guide 10 for a change. So far I'm liking them a lot but maybe that is just because of the condition of my adrenalines ☺

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

martyboy48 wrote: »
    I have them and thought the same just comparing to the ST5. I still use them up to HM but the ST5 were more comfortable.
    I was initially thinking it was just because I put on a few kgs but still feels unforgiving now....

I'll still use them but will buy something else if anybody has a recommendation... Think I tried on the fastwitch before and liked them but never bought...
    Are racers generally personal preference and less specific to your gait, maybe offset being the one to look out for???

On a slightly different note, I recently moved from brooks adrenalines to saucony guide 10 for a change. So far I'm liking them a lot but maybe that is just because of the condition of my adrenalines ☺

I did consider the Asteria to replace my many pairs of ST5's, but never got around to buying a pair.
    I've found a more than adequate replacement with the Adizero Boston 5.

The Bostons have just started to come under some pressure from the NB 1400 v5. The NB have a similar amount of cushioning and drop, but come in 40gms lighter and have a super comfy seamless upper.

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭JohnDozer

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    I did consider the Asteria to replace my many pairs of ST5's, but never got around to buying a pair.
    I've found a more than adequate replacement with the Adizero Boston 5.

The Bostons have just started to come under some pressure from the NB 1400 v5. The NB have a similar amount of cushioning and drop, but come in 40gms lighter and have a super comfy seamless upper.

Not at all. You just haven't had the Boston 6 yet. You know you want to...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

Tried out my Saucony A-Types on an easy 8 mile run tonight. No issues, they seem very much like the A-6's they've replaced, which means they're a very good shoe indeed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

Impulsed bought a pair of Hoka Vanquish 2's last night. Morbid curiosity more than anything else, will report back.

Advertisement