Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What shoes you wearing now and what next?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭conavitzky

Turned to the dark side and bought a pair of Nike pegAsus 33. Worn twice and very comfortable. Feel dirty though.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    I did consider the Asteria to replace my many pairs of ST5's, but never got around to buying a pair.

:eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

martyboy48 wrote: »
    I have them and thought the same just comparing to the ST5. I still use them up to HM but the ST5 were more comfortable.
    I was initially thinking it was just because I put on a few kgs but still feels unforgiving now....

I'll still use them but will buy something else if anybody has a recommendation... Think I tried on the fastwitch before and liked them but never bought...
    Are racers generally personal preference and less specific to your gait, maybe offset being the one to look out for???

On a slightly different note, I recently moved from brooks adrenalines to saucony guide 10 for a change. So far I'm liking them a lot but maybe that is just because of the condition of my adrenalines ☺

The brooks hyperion are great for speed sessions and racing . I love them. Also love the brooks launch for my long runs and non speed sessions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Anybody using Fastwitch?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,774 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

pconn062 wrote: »
    Impulsed bought a pair of Hoka Vanquish 2's last night. Morbid curiosity more than anything else, will report back.

I find them very comfy for long runs, probably not responsive enough for fast runs, did my marathon in them last year and got another pair for this year.

Alternating them with a pair of Kayano 21s which I picked up for 90 euro in Kildare village

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Coffee Fulled Runner

Anyone get the Nike lunarglide 9 yet? I'm a big fan of the lunarglide 8 and 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭JohnDozer

Have people here tried the Saucony Breakthru? I'm looking for something similar to the Kinvara but with an 8mm drop.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Yeah, I have and they are very similar with the 8mm drop. I've only tried the original version though, not version 2 or 3.

adrian522 wrote: »
    Yeah, I have and they are very similar with the 8mm drop. I've only tried the original version though, not version 2 or 3.

Would you rate them as highly as the Kinvara? Or does it change the whole feel of the shoe having the different drop?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I don't notice too much difference to be honest. I'd see them as pretty interchangable. They have the ride as well but the breakthru a lot more similar to the Kinvara I think.

• Advertisement

adrian522 wrote: »
    I don't notice too much difference to be honest. I'd see them as pretty interchangable. They have the ride as well but the breakthru a lot more similar to the Kinvara I think.

Thank you. I've been told to keep all the shoes the same drop so I've some shopping to do. Not an easy shoe to find to try on though. Were you the same size in both? Last question!!

Yep, same size in both.

Adrian

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

I recently bought a pair of Brooks Launch 4, they are nice & light, will see how they hold up to plodding along under me.

I have had my UA Charged Bandit 2's since March & have over 400 miles on them. I have been impressed by them. The heathered upper is incredibly comfortable & fits like a glove. The sole shows very little wear at this point in time & still feel like they have a nice bit of cushioning left. I had voucher for Elvery's which is why I got the Brooks but will look to get another pair of the Charged Bandit's before christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

HigginsJ wrote: »
    I recently bought a pair of Brooks Launch 4, they are nice & light, will see how they hold up to plodding along under me.

I have had my UA Charged Bandit 2's since March & have over 400 miles on them. I have been impressed by them. The heathered upper is incredibly comfortable & fits like a glove. The sole shows very little wear at this point in time & still feel like they have a nice bit of cushioning left. I had voucher for Elvery's which is why I got the Brooks but will look to get another pair of the Charged Bandit's before christmas.

If you keep an eye on sweatshop and startfitness you will get good deals on the launch especially around xmas

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭boydkev

Went with another pair of Mizuno Wave Catalyst 2's, After the last pair lasted 500 miles.
    Wore them for a 12 miler this morning straight out of the box, I am still very impressed with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭dave_o_brien

Last runners: Adidas Supernova ST's.

Next runners: Adidas Supernova ST's.

Love them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

Next runners: Adidas Supernova ST's.

Love them.

Last runners: Adidas Supernova ST's.

Still not a patch on the Sequence 7 though. God I miss that shoe!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,379 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Now on a pair of GT-1000 6, as of a few weeks ago. All good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

I'm thinking of investing in a good pair of trail shoes. Most likely Inov-8s. Would anyone care to nominate a really good all-round shoe that would work well in most scenarios - trail, mountains, light, good grip etc? I'm asking because I don't want to end up with a pair of mudclaws or similar - great for really mucky stuff, but impossible to wear on a fire road, for instance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

davedanon wrote: »
    I'm thinking of investing in a good pair of trail shoes. Most likely Inov-8s. Would anyone care to nominate a really good all-round shoe that would work well in most scenarios - trail, mountains, light, good grip etc? I'm asking because I don't want to end up with a pair of mudclaws or similar - great for really mucky stuff, but impossible to wear on a fire road, for instance.

Dave, I'm a pure rookie but I bought a pair of Roclite 280's recently and was very happy with them in a 75k race. All types of surface, handled them all very well except for a dead slippery wooden boardwalk.

They were a fantastic price on Sportspursuit.

They're my only pair of Trail shoes though so you might want a second opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

Itziger wrote: »
    Dave, I'm a pure rookie but I bought a pair of Roclite 280's recently and was very happy with them in a 75k race. All types of surface, handled them all very well except for a dead slippery wooden boardwalk.

They were a fantastic price on Sportspursuit.

They're my only pair of Trail shoes though so you might want a second opinion.

Nothing will grip much on that, to be fair. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Unthought Known

My DCM runners were delivered this morning :)
    Supernova Glide 8's, €77 delivered from mandmdirect.ie.
    Decent price. I've been alternating training between Glide 8 and Pegasus 33, but clocked up more mileage than expected in the Glides. Specifically wanted to use Glide 8's for the marathon, best shoes (for me at least) I've worn.

First time I've used mandm and I'm impressed. Only ordered very late on Monday night and they were delivered by DPD before 9:30 today.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Rossi7

I've been wearing Mizuno Wave Ultima 8's past few months, in my training leading up to the HM on Saturday I've been getting extremely tight calves. I was wondering has anyone else had a similar issue
    On a side note, would wearing calf sleeves be any beneficial

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭loudymacloud

Adidas Supernova Sequence 8's - are they any good?

SportsPursuit have them on sale for €64 and I am very tempted to get a pair

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭fennor72

Has anyone ran in saucony zealot 3. Thinking of buying a pair for dcm
    I was going to run it in the hoka Clifton 4 but I'm not impressed with them. They are more reponsive than previous models and are already showing signs of wear after 50 odd miles.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Sure while we're at it :pac:

NB Hanzo S

18716442_10211675384874483_1273731198_n.jpg?oh=5a9a37fd419fe0a28cc5f692d8fd8d1b&oe=59292E46

Really impressed with this shoe, takes a bit of breaking in / getting used to.
    A proper racing flat, unforgiving, very responsive, excellent grip and comfortable.
    After the bedding in period have worn on 2 short races, a 2 mile and a 5k, both ended up a season's bests.

mhanzsl1_nb_02_i?$dw_temp_default_gallery$

Anyone using Saucony Ride 9's ?

How are they?

Looking for something new and they caught my eye

Anyone using Saucony Ride 9's ?

How are they?

Looking for something new and they caught my eye

It comes down to personal taste, but I am currently rotating my 3rd pair with Glide 8's and Pegasus 33's.
    I've worn them for 2 marathons. That should give you an idea how highly I rate them.
    So, personally: Good cushioning, but I don't find them too soft. They're light, well maybe not the lightest, but they feel lighter for some reason. Great laces and a good fit. I remember buying my first pair in Amphibian King and it was a wow moment for me when I tried them on their little track.

It comes down to personal taste, but I am currently rotating my 3rd pair with Glide 8's and Pegasus 33's.
    I've worn them for 2 marathons. That should give you an idea how highly I rate them.
    So, personally: Good cushioning, but I don't find them too soft. They're light, well maybe not the lightest, but they feel lighter for some reason. Great laces and a good fit. I remember buying my first pair in Amphibian King and it was a wow moment for me when I tried them on their little track.

Cheers .

Sounds good, have worn other Sauconys and always liked them. Might opt for the Ride 9's then or possibly the Kinvara 7 or 8

Actually Glide 8's were on my radar too.....Oh so may choices

Just buy all 3 :)

• Advertisement

Cheers .

Sounds good, have worn other Sauconys and always liked them. Might opt for the Ride 9's then or possibly the Kinvara 7 or 8

Actually Glide 8's were on my radar too.....Oh so may choices

Just buy all 3 :)

Glide 8's are great and you can find some decent enough deals for them. I would probably put them above the Rides at this stage, but they're both great shoes.

Advertisement