Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What shoes you wearing now and what next?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Just ordered a pair

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭Laineyfrecks

ariana` wrote: »
    How did you find the sizing in your last pair? I wear a 6 in most shoes and Nike runners but 6.5 in other runners (Brooks, Addidas etc.).

I wear a 5 in most runners & got a 5 in the other version of these (floatride) and I actually found they have a bit more room at the toe part but not sure if a 4.5 would be too small. I absolutely love running in them, super light & comfy! I ordered a 5 in these ones so i am hoping i have the same experience with these! Defo a bargain at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭ariana`

I wear a 5 in most runners & got a 5 in the other version of these (floatride) and I actually found they have a bit more room at the toe part but not sure if a 4.5 would be too small. I absolutely love running in them, super light & comfy! I ordered a 5 in these ones so i am hoping i have the same experience with these! Defo a bargain at that price.

Thanks. I ordered them in a 6 so here's hoping. Great price. Thanks for the tip off Damo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    Think ill take a punt on these, some good reviews out there and for the price you cant go wrong.
    https://www.reebok.ie/forever-floatride-energy-2.0-shoes/EH3253.html

Cheers Damo. Between these, the Nike black Friday sale and those super DCM socks I owe ya a small fortune!
    Was on the look out for something different after a couple of pairs of Sauconys. Took a punt on these after seeing the boards A/R odd couple both plumping for them!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Normally I post these bargains up and never get them myself, I indulged today. Looking forward to getting my hands on them as I'm down to just the NB 1080's at the moment.

Them DCM socks were an absolute steal, great quality!

• Advertisement

Cheers Damo. Between these, the Nike black Friday sale and those super DCM socks I owe ya a small fortune!
    Was on the look out for something different after a couple of pairs of Sauconys. Took a punt on these after seeing the boards A/R odd couple both plumping for them!

Odd couple:eek:

I bought my last pair of Reebok's from this thread too...I could say i have also saved a fortune or spent a fortune...really depends on perspective:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Odd couple:eek:

I bought my last pair of Reebok's from this thread too...I could say i have also saved a fortune or spent a fortune...really depends on perspective:D

It's no coincidence that Im getting them delivered to the office rather than home!

It's no coincidence that Im getting them delivered to the office rather than home!

Great minds ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Yeah I had that great idea too, til a pandemic hit, and I'm working from home and they're sitting in the office for the foreseeable.

Yeah I had that great idea too, til a pandemic hit, and I'm working from home and they're sitting in the office for the foreseeable.

:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Treviso

Would ye all just grow a pair, buy all the shoes ye need, get them delivered to the house and the hell with the consequences (says he who is lucky enough to have an OH that spends just as much on running shoes as me :D:D )

Reebok have an extra 20% off a lot of sale items including the runners mentioned by Damo! Code wasn't working yesterday but is now...tested for a friend :D

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭rodge68

Got my first pair of Sauconys delivered earlier, Kinvara 11's.
    Did 10 miles in them, feel comfy.
    Only changed as my usual nike Pegasus dont last very long..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭overpronator

Picked up a pair of the new Adidas SL20. I think it's being positioned as a light neutral trainer for people who wear the Adios. Very nice shoe, more room in the forefoot than the Boston, feels more stable too. Impressed with it. Will be a tempo shoe for me, I'd feel a bit sloppy in it after 60 mins I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭racersedge

Reebok have an extra 20% off a lot of sale items including the runners mentioned by Damo! Code wasn't working yesterday but is now...tested for a friend :D

They have raised the prices on a few of the colour options (gone from the €45-ish to around €63) but still offering the 20% until tomorrow I believe. Limited sizes left at this point as well. I had been tempted to get a second pair to take advantage of the original low price plus the 20% off!

Picked up a set myself (before the 20% off became available) and I know a few were enquiring for sizing. I went with 8.5 myself, although I am all over the place at times with sizes. For example, I’m an 8 in Ghost 12’s, 8.5 in Saucony Triumphs I got fitted in the Run Hub last November and a 9 in anything from New Balance and in Pegasus’s. So all over the board!

When I first put on the 8.5’s I could feel space at the top of the toe. Probably the width of my thumb. Immediately thought ‘feck, a half size too big!’. Played it safe colour wise with the grey and blue trim in case they would just become everyday shoes.
    Brought them for a run just to see, wearing my thicker running socks and found them quite secure and comfortable over a run. Arguably could of gotten away with half a size smaller but who’s to say they wouldn’t be too tight then! Will know for sure when all this is over and can get out on a good long run in them though.

racersedge wrote: »
    They have raised the prices on a few of the colour options (gone from the €45-ish to around €63) but still offering the 20% until tomorrow I believe. Limited sizes left at this point as well. I had been tempted to get a second pair to take advantage of the original low price plus the 20% off!

Picked up a set myself (before the 20% off became available) and I know a few were enquiring for sizing. I went with 8.5 myself, although I am all over the place at times with sizes. For example, I’m an 8 in Ghost 12’s, 8.5 in Saucony Triumphs I got fitted in the Run Hub last November and a 9 in anything from New Balance and in Pegasus’s. So all over the board!

When I first put on the 8.5’s I could feel space at the top of the toe. Probably the width of my thumb. Immediately thought ‘feck, a half size too big!’. Played it safe colour wise with the grey and blue trim in case they would just become everyday shoes.
    Brought them for a run just to see, wearing my thicker running socks and found them quite secure and comfortable over a run. Arguably could of gotten away with half a size smaller but who’s to say they wouldn’t be too tight then! Will know for sure when all this is over and can get out on a good long run in them though.

That's mad i went on & got another pair at the 44euro price with a further 20% off when the offer 1st went up! Can't believe they put the prices back up! I was the very same with the sizing, thought maybe i should have gotten a 4 & a half but after running in the 5 and finding them really comfy i went for a 5 again to be on the safe side! I think that's enough runners for me for now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Any Reeboks you’d recommend for overpronation?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭skyblue46

corcaigh07 wrote: »

There isn't much evidence to back up the need for 'special' shoes. I have twice been analysed as needing support shoes for over pronation but last year I decided to go to neutral shoes. Not one problem have I had since then and neutral shoes tend to be lighter and more comfortable for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Treviso

corcaigh07 wrote: »

Same as Skyblue, I was recommended support shoes and wore a few pairs when started running. Switched to neutral runners 2 months ago and haven't looked back since. Ordered 2 pairs of those Reebok above, waiting for them to be delivered

• Registered Users Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Treviso wrote: »
    Same as Skyblue, I was recommended support shoes and wore a few pairs when started running. Switched to neutral runners 2 months ago and haven't looked back since. Ordered 2 pairs of those Reebok above, waiting for them to be delivered

I’ll consider the Floatrides so but the reason I say that earlier is because I love my Kayano 24s, do tend to go over my foot sometimes in other shoes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭ImportMeHappy

Picked up a pair of the new Adidas SL20. I think it's being positioned as a light neutral trainer for people who wear the Adios. Very nice shoe, more room in the forefoot than the Boston, feels more stable too. Impressed with it. Will be a tempo shoe for me, I'd feel a bit sloppy in it after 60 mins I'd say.

These look cool, seen some good reviews and are a good price, I like the lightstrike foam in the Boston 8s and love my Adios 4s so was going to give these a go but decided to wait for the Adizero Pro. They were due to be available today but now say April 14th..
    https://www.adidas.ie/adizero-pro-shoes/FW9604.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭overpronator

These look cool, seen some good reviews and are a good price, I like the lightstrike foam in the Boston 8s and love my Adios 4s so was going to give these a go but decided to wait for the Adizero Pro. They were due to be available today but now say April 14th..
    https://www.adidas.ie/adizero-pro-shoes/FW9604.html

Did another tempo in these last night, the nicest out of the box shoe I've ever had. I cant get over how light yet supportive they feel. They are, prob comparable to the adios in weight. I think that the wider forefoot is a big part of that supportive feeling, would say they fit nicely to size due to it. Great shoe.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭boydkev

New colour of vaporfly Next %'s released this morning on Nike.ie.

Will or wont i, But i suppose when i decide they will be all gone......Just a pity they so expensive.

Still wondering if i will wait for the Saucony Endorphin Pro.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

Did another tempo in these last night, the nicest out of the box shoe I've ever had. I cant get over how light yet supportive they feel. They are, prob comparable to the adios in weight. I think that the wider forefoot is a big part of that supportive feeling, would say they fit nicely to size due to it. Great shoe.

Any idea of the likely mileage you'd get from these?

I'm ok with buying carbon plated racing shoes, but for training runs??

Edit: ignore this - I checked the link of the Adizero Pro rather than the Sl20

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭MY BAD

boydkev wrote: »
    New colour of vaporfly Next %'s released this morning on Nike.ie.

Will or wont i, But i suppose when i decide they will be all gone......Just a pity they so expensive.

Still wondering if i will wait for the Saucony Endorphin Pro.
    I take it the Alphafly won't be released in Europe for a while now. Probably no big demand for high end racers with the uncertainty of competitive road running caused by covid 19 pandemic

• Registered Users Posts: 9,683 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Yet another Nike question :-)

Has anyone tried the FlyEase version of any trainers?

I'm looking at the Nike Pegasus 36 which are available on the site for €71. An appealing price made all the better by my 25% birthday month allowance

• Registered Users Posts: 5,007 ✭✭✭opus

Picked up a pair of those Reebok runners that everyone mentioned, couldn't resist a punt at that price. Had two ~10k runs in them so far. Seem fine so far although I wouldn't say they're better than other runners I've got.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Hi all. I'm looking to purchase running shoes that have the maximum cushioning to make it seem like you're running on air. From what I've seen the Altra Olympus 3.5 are the best I can find, but they are on the expensive side. I'd pay the money if it's worth it though. Any recommendations? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

Hi all. I'm looking to purchase running shoes that have the maximum cushioning to make it seem like you're running on air. From what I've seen the Altra Olympus 3.5 are the best I can find, but they are on the expensive side. I'd pay the money if it's worth it though. Any recommendations? Thanks!

They're a Trail shoe. Is that what you're looking for, or tarmac?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Itziger wrote: »
    They're a Trail shoe. Is that what you're looking for, or tarmac?
    Primarily road running but for anything really. Been also looking at the Saucony ISO 5 and the Adidas Ultraboost. Just basically looking for maximum comfort and bounce.

Advertisement