Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What shoes you wearing now and what next?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭MY BAD

Just basically looking for maximum comfort and bounce.

Nike Vaporfly Next% ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭Slideways

I have the Saucony Triumph. It’s pretty plush and has a fair bit more cushion that the Ride ISO 2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Thanks for the suggestions.
    Nike Vaporfly Next% ;)
    As a rookie to the running click blowing 500 odd euro on a pair of runners isn't probable all that wise.

My girlfriend owned a pair of Saucony's before and liked them. I might try the Triumph ISO 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

I'm not sure of the price right now but the Nike Zoomfly Flyknit are probably my most bouncy and comfortable shoe but one id use mainly for sessions and not for easy running.

Epic react flyknit available for 53 quid on Nike App with APRIL30 code

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭eposhea

Thanks for that! Was waiting for another 30% off sale! Just bagged a pair of Pegasus 36. Had a pair of Pegasus 35 Turbo in the basket too, but then all sold out before I could pay! The joys of flash sales!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Is it just a certain colour at that price? None of the ones I see are 53 :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

63 is the cheapest I'm seeing.

adrian522 wrote: »
    63 is the cheapest I'm seeing.

Id say Swash bought a container load, hoarder!

Damo 2k9 wrote:
    Is it just a certain colour at that price? None of the ones I see are 53

Haha I didn't pull the trigger. I'm good that way thinking about you guys.

It was specifically one colour in size 9 that I checked.

• Advertisement

I think ill have a shot at 62, still good value. Wore a slightly older pair today for my session and they were great. Zoom Fly 3 are done and dusted, dont think id buy another pair of them.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I went with €63, it was either that or a slab of craft beer. I went a half size up on my normal size in Saucony, so hoping they fit ok.

Zoom pegasus 35 turbo 180 down to 88. Wowza

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

Zoom pegasus 35 turbo 180 down to 88. Wowza

Pulled the trigger on a pair of them. Didn't do much research tbh. (Didn't do any)

What shoe are we looking at here, Half/Full Marathon? Or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭healy1835

Itziger wrote: »
    Pulled the trigger on a pair of them. Didn't do much research tbh. (Didn't do any)

What shoe are we looking at here, Half/Full Marathon? Or what?

I picked up the Peg Turbo 2's recently. Have worn them on a couple of long runs. Lovely shoe, almost too comfortable. Haven't made up my mind yet. Definitely felt better at a quicker pace...Know a few guys who have ran marathons in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭MY BAD

healy1835 wrote: »
    I picked up the Peg Turbo 2's recently. Have worn them on a couple of long runs. Lovely shoe, almost too comfortable. Haven't made up my mind yet. Definitely felt better at a quicker pace...Know a few guys who have ran marathons in them.
    I love them, a very versatile shoe. Great for long runs and very comfortable but also light and responsive so good for a session too

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

Is there much difference between Pegasus 36, Pegasus Turbo and Vomero? My last few pairs have been regular Pegasus and I find them comfortable but I might try something new

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Anyone buy the Brooks Tempo yet?

Will buy a pair if I get into good shape, that's my reward

• Registered Users Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Just arrived today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Dante

Is there much difference between Pegasus 36, Pegasus Turbo and Vomero? My last few pairs have been regular Pegasus and I find them comfortable but I might try something new

Also wondering about this.

I have a pair of Pegasus Turbo 2's and want to buy a pick up a pair of Pegasus 36's. Given I obviously can't try them on in store now I'm curious how the sizing compares between the two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭healy1835

Also wondering about this.

I have a pair of Pegasus Turbo 2's and want to buy a pick up a pair of Pegasus 36's. Given I obviously can't try them on in store now I'm curious how the sizing compares between the two.

Usually the Vomero would be on the very cushioned, plush side of things. The latest model however has got some dodgy reviews and is a distant second to the Pegasus 36 by a lot of accounts.

I've had a couple of pairs of Pegasus 36 and I recently got a pair of the Peg Turbo 2. No comparison really, the zoomX foam, added to the react foam, in the turbos is just different gravy really. The 36's are a great everyday trainer though (but, for me, not in the class of the Epic Reacts). Peg Turbo's felt better suited to a quicker pace, still making my mind up about them. They are VERY cushioned!
    Sizing wise, I was a 10 across the board.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Dante

Usually the Vomero would be on the very cushioned, plush side of things. The latest model however has got some dodgy reviews and is a distant second to the Pegasus 36 by a lot of accounts.

I've had a couple of pairs of Pegasus 36 and I recently got a pair of the Peg Turbo 2. No comparison really, the zoomX foam, added to the react foam, in the turbos is just different gravy really. The 36's are a great everyday trainer though (but, for me, not in the class of the Epic Reacts). Peg Turbo's felt better suited to a quicker pace, still making my mind up about them. They are VERY cushioned!
    Sizing wise, I was a 10 across the board.

Good to know, thanks. I'm coming up to the 100km mark in the Turbos now and really like them too. I had originally bought a pair of Adizero 4's but found I kept picking up niggly injuries in them. Switched to the turbos and its been plain sailing so far. The zoomX cushioning works wonders for my dodgy form and tendency to run too fast :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

On my 2nd pair of Skechers Razor 3's, lovely all rounder, the hyperburst midsole is a joy to run in.
    450 miles in my first pair, only retiring so I can set another free from my harem.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

Nike have cancelled my recent order for the Pegasus Turbo. From 180 to 88 euro was too good to be true :(

Anyone have this happen in the last few days?

No sign of them sending my Epic react Flyknit or whatever its called but not cancelled yet anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭eposhea

Itziger wrote: »
    Nike have cancelled my recent order for the Pegasus Turbo. From 180 to 88 euro was too good to be true :(

Anyone have this happen in the last few days?

No, thankfully! Bit went online again today to see if anything available and not one shoe available in men's in the sale section...wonder if they over promised and that's why had to cancel some people!

I got shipment notice on Pegs 36 this week, so hopefully that means all good!

The deal on the turbos will be back again tho, don't worry! (I'm keeping my eye out too)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭Lazare

3 pairs ago I finally settled on my perfect shoe. NB 1500v4.

Had two pairs of them before my current pair which are 1500v5.

They're due replacing. I see a 1500v6 available online.

v4 and v5 seemed pretty much the same shoe but v6 looks to have a bit of a different shape to it.

Has anyone worn both that can advise?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭Lazare

Cheers for that J. Don't understand a lot of it, but the general gist is it's pretty much the same shoe. I may have a punt on them so.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Lazare wrote: »
    Cheers for that J. Don't understand a lot of it, but the general gist is it's pretty much the same shoe. I may have a punt on them so.

I was wondering about the 1500v6 too. I like those detailed reviews. In fact I was weighing up the stable in general.

I generally use the 1500v5 for tempo or intervals. I find it a very snug, solid shoe to hold form, good for that use case but not very responsive. I like them at speed but they feel like clogs on the warm up, recovery sections and cool down.

That's maybe because I rotate 2x NB beacon 2 for daily training (for which they are awesome) and the NB 1080v10 for recovery or when I need more cushioned easy days. The fresh foam has me spoiled.

Before that lot I went through 4 pairs of 880s, 2 pairs of 1080s.

The thing about the 1500s is I also rotate Adidas Boston 7 for tempo and they are just better for that purpose. More responsive and more fun. Ihave a pair of Adizero 4 that I promised I'd hold off until I run sub20 5k.

I'll pass on the 1500v6 but interested to hear your view if you get them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 katsky

Hi there
    Relatively new to running. I want to get myself a new RACER profile shoe, especially after multiple encouraging barefoot sessions which caused me no issues
    I know I know I know, before yee start, it is difficult to recommend a shoe, but I did my homework, I know precisely what I'm looking for:

Lightness (as if they were not there),
    High  responsiveness
    airiness (high ventillation), knit mesh
    flexibility of the sole ( bending properties 5 or 4 out of 5)
    Encourages forefoot/midfoot strike
     large toebox
     small, 9 to 4, maybe even 0 hill offset
     rocker bouncy feel (rebound), springy, firm
    freedom of foot movement in all directions

What I certainly dont want:
     heavily cushioned mushy pillow shoe,  plush side of thing
    Sole stiffness
    No sidewalls in midsole, absolutely no guide rails
    No build up meedfoot, arch should work unguided
    No stability controls

Ligh female under 9 stones
    "old" last season models and classics welcome, especially if we can get them online
    Gratefull for any recommendations

Advertisement