Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What shoes you wearing now and what next?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Use code HOTDEAL for another 25% off, you'll thank me.
    https://www.reebok.ie/floatride-run-fast-pro-shoes/DV6793.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭ThePiedPiper

Thanks BeepBeep. Just picked up a pair of Lite 2.0 there for €29.96 including delivery. I’ve no idea if they’ll be any good, but I’ll wear them casually if they don’t work as a runner. Cheers.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

adrian522 wrote: »
    I went with €63, it was either that or a slab of craft beer. I went a half size up on my normal size in Saucony, so hoping they fit ok.

These finally arrived today, ordered April 9th, dispatched April 23rd. Size is good, glad I went up the extra half size from the Saucony.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭eposhea

Nike UK are doing a 25% off all full priced items at the moment. Code: Spring25 at checkout.

Just put through an order for my wife, delivered through Parcel Motel.

In case anyone interested. From looking, its the exact same stock as the IE website, but priced differently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭MY BAD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Miklos

Just took delivery of a pair of Hoka One One Arahi 4 but unfortunately they don’t fit. All the reviews I had read said they ran wide but that’s definitely not the case! Ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,683 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Did a cull of my shoe collection in the shed yesterday - finally binned my last 2 pairs of Cumulus that served their time as runners, walking shoes and the final stage...gardening shoes.

Looking around the Nike website there and it says that the new Pegasus 37 are “coming soon”, does anyone know is this likely to be before the end of May?

I have a birthday 25% off burning a hole in my digital pocket that expires on May 31st so wouldn’t mind holding on. I’m still alternating pairs of Pegasus 34 and 35 for regular runs and have a pair of 36 stashed under the bed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,460 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

opus wrote: »
    Picked up a pair of those Reebok runners that everyone mentioned, couldn't resist a punt at that price. Had two ~10k runs in them so far. Seem fine so far although I wouldn't say they're better than other runners I've got.

Anyone else finding these Floatrides a little disappointing? Felt great out of the box but the ‘bounce’ disappeared pretty quickly for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭healy1835

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Did a cull of my shoe collection in the shed yesterday - finally binned my last 2 pairs of Cumulus that served their time as runners, walking shoes and the final stage...gardening shoes.

Looking around the Nike website there and it says that the new Pegasus 37 are “coming soon”, does anyone know is this likely to be before the end of May?

I have a birthday 25% off burning a hole in my digital pocket that expires on May 31st so wouldn’t mind holding on. I’m still alternating pairs of Pegasus 34 and 35 for regular runs and have a pair of 36 stashed under the bed :D

https://www.runnersworld.com/uk/gear/shoes/a32329971/nike-pegasus-37/

June according to the above :(

Alphaflys going on sale in Europe June 1st apparently. Picked up a pair of React epic FK 2 using that UK code.

• Advertisement

healy1835 wrote: »

I spotted that link a little while ago as well.

Ended up using my birthday voucher on a running cap, a long sleeve running top that is waaaay too nice to go running in and trainers for my young fella.

Came to the obvious realisation as well that I don't need new Pegs right now but dammit I wanted them :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭King_Joffery

Hi, I've noticed that there is very little stock of Nike Zoom Pegasus Turbo 2 in size 9. Are they trying to get of all stock to make room for the Pegasus 37??

Has anyone bought those 4D shoes from Adidas yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭boydkev

I am also waiting for these to come out, Currently running in the Hoka Rincon and having a few issues with blisters.

I am also tempted to get the Asics Novablast as they seem to be getting great reviews, It been a while since i looked at a pair of Asics.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭skyblue46

boydkev wrote: »
    I am also waiting for these to come out, Currently running in the Hoka Rincon and having a few issues with blisters.

I am also tempted to get the Asics Novablast as they seem to be getting great reviews, It been a while since i looked at a pair of Asics.

The Novablast are on my shopping list as well. I got both the Glideride and Evoride over the past few months and I am loving them both. Asics seemed to have seriously upped their game with these three models.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭cmac2009

adrian522 wrote: »
    I went with €63, it was either that or a slab of craft beer. I went a half size up on my normal size in Saucony, so hoping they fit ok.

Mainly purchased Saucony's over the years as they served me well, but considering trying the Pegasus 36, how did you find the sizing between Saucony and Nike - that's if you've received them yet!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

cmac2009 wrote: »
    Mainly purchased Saucony's over the years as they served me well, but considering trying the Pegasus 36, how did you find the sizing between Saucony and Nike - that's if you've received them yet!

Yeah received them alright. I went up a half size and that worked perfectly. 9.5 Kinvara and 10 in Nike Epic React.

I did a bit of reading on the model I was buying. Nike do free returns in any case so not a big deal if I have to send them back.

The pegasus maybe different though, the review here say they run fairly true to size:

<snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Arsenium

Hi Guys,

I've recently started running in Nike Epic Reacts, DCM 2019 and loads of races since. I love the shoe. So much I convinced my better half to get me a Nike voucher for my recently passed birthday!

I have been browsing the Nike.ie website and knowing that I have the 25% discount aswell because of my birthday..am looking to pick up some nice shiny new shoes. I am struggling to find any Epic Reacts jumping out at me from the site, well there's one or two but they are similar to what I already have.

So, the question is, what Nike shoe is similar to the Epic Reacts that might have some more options on the site. I did briefly look at the Vaporfly's and did the maths but quickly put away the calculator!

Thanks guys,

Arsenium.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Arsenium wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

I've recently started running in Nike Epic Reacts, DCM 2019 and loads of races since. I love the shoe. So much I convinced my better half to get me a Nike voucher for my recently passed birthday!

I have been browsing the Nike.ie website and knowing that I have the 25% discount aswell because of my birthday..am looking to pick up some nice shiny new shoes. I am struggling to find any Epic Reacts jumping out at me from the site, well there's one or two but they are similar to what I already have.

So, the question is, what Nike shoe is similar to the Epic Reacts that might have some more options on the site. I did briefly look at the Vaporfly's and did the maths but quickly put away the calculator!

Thanks guys,

Arsenium.

Have a look at the Nike React Infinity Run. I believe they are the new Epic Reacts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

A new pair of NB 1500v6 arrived today, buzzing to give them a go later on.

I really like NB stuff lately, so said I would take a shot on them

Thanks to Lazare for the recommendation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

Folks, sorry for hijacking the thread, but I'm looking for a bit of advice on my next pair of runners, and thought it might be best to post here rather than starting a new thread.

I'm looking to upgrade from my current Asics "GEL-ZONE 6". I know these are an ancient model, but I was alternating between runners for a few years, and eventually settled on these. I used to have a lot of knee trouble, and these runners seemed to alleviate the issues. Could be a coincidence of course, as my knee became more attuned to longer distances. In any case, the runners are fairly knackered now, and I'd like to get an equivalent pair of Asics. Does any know that the current equivalent model is?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭kooga

They are still available on the asics website albeit limited sizes for both male and female

https://outlet.asics.com/ie/en-ie/gel-zone-6/p/1012A496-001.html?width=Standard

if you are happy with them stick with them - they appear to be a neutral shoe - if you want to move up a level try cumulus or at the very top nimbus

kooga wrote: »
    They are still available on the asics website albeit limited sizes for both male and female

https://outlet.asics.com/ie/en-ie/gel-zone-6/p/1012A496-001.html?width=Standard

if you are happy with them stick with them - they appear to be a neutral shoe - if you want to move up a level try cumulus or at the very top nimbus
    Cheers. As they're an older model, I'm finding it difficult to find my size online. I'll have a look at the Cumulus as they're probably a modern equivalent

Cheers. As they're an older model, I'm finding it difficult to find my size online. I'll have a look at the Cumulus as they're probably a modern equivalent

A word of warning of the Cumulus and Asics in general - for some reason they changed design of their runners about 3 years ago (main change I noticed was a very narrow toe box).

I had worn Cumulus for about 8 years up to that but abandoned them then. Same with their Gel DS trainers

Cartman78 wrote: »
    A word of warning of the Cumulus and Asics in general - for some reason they changed design of their runners about 3 years ago (main change I noticed was a very narrow toe box).

I had worn Cumulis for about 8 years up to that but abandoned them then. Same with their Gel DS trainers
    Thanks for the heads up. As a matter of interest, what did you get instead of the Cumulus?

Thanks for the heads up. As a matter of interest, what did you get instead of the Cumulus?

Initially switched to NB 880s but have been mainly wearing Nike Pegasus since.

Would recommend both but the 880s seem hard to find online cheap whereas Nike always seem to have a sale some sort

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Dante

Just ordered a pair of customised Pegasus 37's, I couldn't resist.

Nike released a limited number of Alphafly next % today in the UK for NRC members

Saucony Endorphin Pro sold out immediately....

• Advertisement

Continuing the theme of reminding people that there is a world outside of Nike....the Asics Meta Racer Tokyo is a thing of beauty :eek:

Advertisement