Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What shoes you wearing now and what next?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

4Ad wrote: »
    got my Boston 8' yesterday...not a fan.I only ran 5km, so it will take a while to get a better feel.
    Found the lacing odd, not alot of cushioning, and loud (that is my running style)
    Having said that I did a sub 20 5km in the heat !

For sale....
    I did another 5km in the Boston 8, I really dont like them !!
    The look, the fit, the sound !
    Not for me..
    Back to Kinvara 11's, on deporvillage ...

I love my Boston 8s, if I had to pick 1 shoe to do all my runs in it would be the Boston 8,

I couldnt stand the Pegasus 36 I had, gave them away to a pal after less than 50k I’d say, different strokes for different folks I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

I love my Boston 8s, if I had to pick 1 shoe to do all my runs in it would be the Boston 8,

I couldnt stand the Pegasus 36 I had, gave them away to a pal after less than 50k I’d say, different strokes for different folks I suppose

I recently got my first pair of Boston 8s, I am a comfortable size 10 in all shoes with plenty of room. But I found the Boston’s really tight across the top of my foot, so much that I don’t pull the laces tight. I do like them as a shoe but the lacing seems wrong. Test drove Last night new Pegasus’s 36 that I picked up for 59 euro and they are fab.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Klopp

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    Ordered a pair of Pegasus 37, released today. Got a nice discount on them.

I ordered a pair this morning once i got the notification they were now available but without a discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭kooga

asics ie have a private member sale on today - you have to be a oneasics member but that is free to join

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Sorry guys - discount was a birthday discount which I'm surprised they gave to me considering my bday was the middle of last month. No complaints here tho :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

New Balance Beacon v3 out today. Not the fresh Foam X like the NB1080v10 (super squishy cushion easy show) but I'm on a 2nd pair of Beacon v2 and I've loved them.

€120 not bad plus NBGIFT4YOU gets you another €12 off. €108 for a brand new model. https://www.newbalance.ie/en/pd/fresh-foam-beacon-v3/MBECNV3-31106.html?dwvar_MBECNV3-31106_style=MBECNGB3#style=MBECNGB3&width=D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭cmac2009

Sorry guys - discount was a birthday discount which I'm surprised they gave to me considering my bday was the middle of last month. No complaints here tho :)

The nike birthday discount lasts for 3 months now, assuming it's some temporary Covid related promotion to increase sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,623 ✭✭✭dna_leri

New Balance Beacon v3 out today. Not the fresh Foam X like the NB1080v10 (super squishy cushion easy show) but I'm on a 2nd pair of Beacon v2 and I've loved them.

€120 not bad plus NBGIFT4YOU gets you another €12 off. €108 for a brand new model. https://www.newbalance.ie/en/pd/fresh-foam-beacon-v3/MBECNV3-31106.html?dwvar_MBECNV3-31106_style=MBECNGB3#style=MBECNGB3&width=D

Look very similar to the V2 - any known changes or good reviews ?
    I have V2 with about 400K on them, which I mostly like. Sole durability is not great.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

dna_leri wrote: »
    Look very similar to the V2 - any known changes or good reviews ?
    I have V2 with about 400K on them, which I mostly like. Sole durability is not great.

There will be more and better reviews soon in terms of detail but seems much the same shoe. Interesting I have 500k and 850k on 2 pairs and sole durability has been ok. Given I am heavy on shoes and the fresh foam X on the 1080v10 got about 400K

https://youtu.be/pkhvbVzNwN4

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭Laineyfrecks

Cheers for this Damo! I went looking through my emails and I found my birthday discount which was valid till the end of this month so of course I had to use it ;)
    A pair of Pegasus 37 ordered!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭Downtime

boydkev wrote: »
    I ordered them aswell (No discount though:mad:), Looking forward to trying them. Reviews are good

Have mine a few weeks. Find them tighter on the box than the 36's but they are certainly bouncier. Nice shoe, prefer it to the 36.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭MY BAD

MY BAD wrote: »
    Alphaflys on sportshoes . com now
    Arrived today. They'll be in storage for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Unknownability

How much were they?

The guts of 300

Do you have a pair of next% to compare them to by any chance? Would love to hear how they compare.

Pegasus 37's arrived this morning...oh they are a thing of beauty :D Looking forward to trying them out!

Pegasus 37's arrived this morning...oh they are a thing of beauty :D Looking forward to trying them out!

Your messing are ya?? My expected delivery date is the 26th of June FFS :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭boydkev

Im the same, I think it could be because i ordered the blue ones and they are punishing me.

Nope! Gonna try them tomorrow :D

Do you have a pair of next% to compare them to by any chance? Would love to hear how they compare.

Yeah, will do. I'll try them out at the end of the month for my clubs virtual 5km. Then back in storage until there is proper completion again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭skyblue46

There's no shortage of the kids sizes :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭4Ad

Will you give a report back please..
    I'm so tempted !!

My own delivery date is 27th June but hoping they come quicker...

I'd say it has indeed to do with the fact mine are youths runners & not adults so probably won't compare them either. My 2 pegs 36 are also youths and up there with the most comfy runners i have ever bought. I checked online and there doesn't seem to be anywhere that gives the difference between the youths & adults like other companies. As I said it works for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭4Ad

Bought myself and my nephew Saucony Kinvara 11's today from Deporvillage.
    Comfortable and roomy.
    Going to try on Pegasus 37 instore before buying, heard toe box is tight.

Klopp wrote: »
    My own delivery date is 27th June but hoping they come quicker...

I got an email from Nike yesterday, my order was dispatched. I tracked the delivery and estimate was 26th June. That changed to later today when DPD sent me an email and now expecting these between 11:00 - 12pm.

I got an email from Nike yesterday, my order was dispatched. I tracked the delivery and estimate was 26th June. That changed to later today when DPD sent me an email and now expecting these between 11:00 - 12pm.

Same as myself, due today between 2-3PM :)

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭boydkev

Just got my pair delivered, tried them on and not too sure as the length is about 1/2 size too long compared to the Peg 36's.

boydkev wrote: »
    Just got my pair delivered, tried them on and not too sure as the length is about 1/2 size too long compared to the Peg 36's.

I thought the same, they do look longer than my current P36, i had to check i ordered the same size which i did. I put the two on and tightened up the laces, they fitted perfectly. I'll test them out Wednesday.

• Advertisement

I thought the same, they do look longer than my current P36, i had to check i ordered the same size which i did. I put the two on and tightened up the laces, they fitted perfectly. I'll test them out Wednesday.

I went out earlier today wearing my P37, i found them very comfortable, so soft and lightweight, you would hardly feel the impact from the ground. The last k i started to feel rubbing on the inside of my foot arch - no blister, just some redness thankfully. I'll wear these now for a few days and break them in as they say, i'll alternate between these and P36, it maybe a little early but i would definitely recommend these to anyone thinking or looking to buy, the most comfortable and lightweight running trainer i have owned to date.

Advertisement