Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What shoes you wearing now and what next?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭ariana`

Huzzah! wrote: »
    After an unsuccessful foray into Nike, I bought a pair of Saucony Guides yesterday to rotate with the old-reliable Asics GTs.

The Nike Zoom Structures just didn't have enough support for me.

Do you mind me asking what effects you had that told you they didn't have enough support? I'm getting tight calves & some ankle/heel niggles recently and I've taken a break my Nikes (pegasus) blaming them! But maybe it's me and not the shoes that are the problem :eek::rolleyes::cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭freddie_

Hey Ariana

I was experiencing the same issues as you and decided to go for the "Nike React Infinity Run Flyknit". Meant to reduce injury by 50% and while i am not sure if I believe that I have been injury free since I got them in March. Not the quickest shoe so I use them for training and got there Saucony Endorphin Pro for the quicker stuff.
    I originally bought them from Nike.com with the intention of returning them before the 30 days was up but thought they were so good I hung onto them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Huzzah!

ariana` wrote: »
    Do you mind me asking what effects you had that told you they didn't have enough support? I'm getting tight calves & some ankle/heel niggles recently and I've taken a break my Nikes (pegasus) blaming them! But maybe it's me and not the shoes that are the problem :eek::rolleyes::cool:

No problem but it's not very scientific, I'm afraid.

I got (what I diagnosed as) tendoniitis in my foot a few years ago and it flares up when I wear the Nike but not when I wear the Asics.

The Nike also feel too big for me now, which I put down to a loss of cushioning. Not very scientific, as I said :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭MY BAD

My Saucony endorphin Speed arrived today. Looking forward to Saturday's session. My main session shoes Nike Zoom Fly FKs have 800km on them now and are starting to show some wear on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭healy1835

MY BAD wrote: »
    My Saucony endorphin Speed arrived today. Looking forward to Saturday's session. My main session shoes Nike Zoom Fly FKs have 800km on them now and are starting to show some wear on them.

Zoom Fly FK, prefer it to the Zoom Fky 3...great shoe.

• Advertisement

healy1835 wrote: »

Yip a great shoe. Any ideas on when Nike will release the new version of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭4Ad

I'm so jealous..i contacted Saucony online chat yesterday, the Speed wont be available until late September !!

Make sure to report back here !!

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Unthought Known

healy1835 wrote: »

Love the Flyknit. I have 2 pairs with loads of mileage and I still go back to them at least once a week. I found the Zoom Fly 3 a bit hard/stiff, barely put 50 miles on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Unthought Known

You won't be disappointed :)

4Ad wrote: »
    I'm so jealous..i contacted Saucony online chat yesterday, the Speed wont be available until late September !!

I ran my first session in them today. It was a fairly mixed session on the track that included tempo, 10km, 5km, sub 5km paces. Fit is true to size, good lock down no slippage at the heel. Initial first thoughts were it's a very comfortable shoe with a nice bounce but not springy compared to the Vaporfly and definitely nothing like the Alphafly. I suppose it reminds me of Adidas ultraboost with something added. I started off doing my strides on the straight and recovery on the bends. Its definitely not a shoe for the track. It wasn't raining but the surface was slightly wet so the slipping on the underfoot was very noticeable as it hasn't much grip. During the session I can't say I noticed the plate in the sole so much, I think its nylon not carbon so maybe more flexible? Its suitable for 10km stuff but I think it's best for tempo/half marathon stuff on the road. Maybe it could be used for long steady rus too. I changed back into my Pegasus for my cool down afterwards and they felt very soft compared to the Speeds. Good shoe overall, different experience compared to Nikes top of the range models as you are more in control rather than the shoe with the Alphafly particularly in mind. It's up there with Zoom Fly as a solid training shoe for the roads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Sam the Sham

Are Saucony Endorphin Pros available anywhere?

Are Saucony Endorphin Pros available anywhere?

No, as far as I know. No Speeds either..

No, as far as I know. No Speeds either..

I got a pair of the Pro’s but got them shipped to family member in the states. Very impressed with them. Not sure if they are as fast as the next% but a lot nicer to run in and feel fair more stable. Seriously fast shoe all the same.

freddie_ wrote: »
    I got a pair of the Pro’s but got them shipped to family member in the states. Very impressed with them. Not sure if they are as fast as the next% but a lot nicer to run in and feel fair more stable. Seriously fast shoe all the same.

What site did you use ? Saucony ??
    I have Nike 4%, they are fast alright..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Has anyone bought runners off https://www.astrainerstore.com/

Looks and feels like the asics store but prices too good to be true?

What site did you use ? Saucony ??
    I have Nike 4%, they are fast alright..
    Ya got them direct from Saucony, about €180 shipped to Boston.
    When I compare against my Next% the times seem the same for both but they don’t feel as fast!! I had to change from the Next% was kept giving my calve muscle problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

BKWDR wrote: »
    Has anyone bought runners off https://www.astrainerstore.com/

Looks and feels like the asics store but prices too good to be true?

Website was registered 11 days ago,no physical address listed and a who is domain registry entry redacted. Wouldn't touch it with a barge pole.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭Slideways

I’ve also snagged a pair of the Endorphin Pro, from a local shop here. Got the only pair they had. Did a spur of the moment 5k TT and was only 4 secs shy of a pb. I think with a days rest before and some people to chase I would have def broken my best in them

Purchases a pair of the Shift to see what they would be like for everyday use. Bought on the 11th and tracker says they have been in the airport in UK since the 14th :(

I’ve been giving my Hyperions a bit more use and they are growing on me, find them good for the real snappy speed sets.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭rizzee

I've two pairs on epic react flyknit v2s here. Find them V comfortable and light. Tried out some Zoom Fly 3s alongside these but ended up returning them, they were too narrow and the inside of my soles were protruding over which was annoying.

In saying that I'd love to try out 4%, Next%, etc. In the market for a racing shoes for October marathon so will be looking for advice here :-)

Last year I used Asics gt2000 7, which were fine don't get me wrong, but after discovering the Nikes, I've been enjoying more comfortable runs and don't think I could go back to them.

I also love the look of Brooks Hyperion Tempos.

Decisions decisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭boydkev

boydkev wrote: »
    I just got a pair for €45 and looking forward to running in them as my Daily trainer.
    I also have a pair of the Run Fast's and use them for races up to half marathon. I think they are a great shoe but i did have to change he insole (nike peg 35) as the one them came with were very thin and kept creasing and giving me a blister.

Have taken the Reebok floatride energy on 2 runs so far and they are the not very inspiring compared to other shoes i have worn recently. So for the 45€ i paid i think they will just be my walk around shoes and retire my Peg 34's. I was in lifestyle at the weekend and spotted the NB Fuelcell Propel 2 on the shelf (I had Version 1 and loved them as a daily trainer got 400+ miles out of them.) They have updated the upper to a more conventional runner so decided to get them as had discount and one4all. Will take them for a run tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭Ceepo

rizzee wrote: »
    I've two pairs on epic react flyknit v2s here. Find them V comfortable and light. Tried out some Zoom Fly 3s alongside these but ended up returning them, they were too narrow and the inside of my soles were protruding over which was annoying.

In saying that I'd love to try out 4%, Next%, etc. In the market for a racing shoes for October marathon so will be looking for advice here :-)

Last year I used Asics gt2000 7, which were fine don't get me wrong, but after discovering the Nikes, I've been enjoying more comfortable runs and don't think I could go back to them.

I also love the look of Brooks Hyperion Tempos.

Decisions decisions.

On the Nike Next% 4%, in the words of Stephen Scullion..
    'If you don't wear them, don't expect to be competitive':

The problem not is trying to get a pair ;/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭rizzee

Ceepo wrote: »
    On the Nike Next% 4%, in the words of Stephen Scullion..
    'If you don't wear them, don't expect to be competitive':

The problem not is trying to get a pair ;/

That's exactly it!! The 4% were down to 137 euro on nike app the other day... In a size 6!! Really have to be on the app daily to have any chance to get them

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭ImportMeHappy

The UK site is showing some Speeds in stock at the moment..

https://www.saucony.com/UK/en_GB/men%27s-endorphin-speed/44573M.html?dwvar_44573M_color=S20597-10&icid=search_suggested_products

I had ordered from them a few weeks ago but then got an email the next day saying sorry they were not in stock but worth a try if they have your size.
    After failing ordering directly I bought from Runnerswarehouse in the US and used AddressPal, took two weeks for delivery but zero duties!

As for the runners, absolutely class, coming from years of various Adios and Bostons it's a big change (felt fairly unstable at first given i've never had anything but low stack heights) but once you get dialed in they're great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Only becuase i was in there the last day and nearly was tempted to pull the trigger...

Has anyone worn and any feedback on the Decathlon brand support or cushion runners? https://www.decathlon.ie/ie_en/run-support-men-s-running-shoes-white-en-s302475.html

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Sub430

I bought from Runnerswarehouse in the US and used AddressPal, took two weeks for delivery but zero duties!

Good to know...bought from the US last week, waiting for them to arrive. Fingers crossed on the zero duty!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

MY BAD wrote:
    It's up there with Zoom Fly as a solid training shoe for the roads.

Seems like too big an investment for something only as good as the zoomfly? Asking because I've been tempted myself.

:
    Seems like too big an investment for something only as good as the zoomfly? Asking because I've been tempted myself.

I suppose it will take a few sessions before I could truly if its worth the price tag. I think the new version of the the Zoom Fly I think it will be called Tempo next % will cost roughly the same :(

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭fennor72

Could I ask you, with addresspal you just pay an post 15 euros for a US address, get the runners shipped to the fake address and get free US shipping.
    I was going to buy the endorphin pro but its additional 30 dollars for shipping and probably customs on top of that

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

MY BAD wrote:
    I suppose it will take a few sessions before I could truly if its worth the price tag. I think the new version of the the Zoom Fly I think it will be called Tempo next % will cost roughly the same

Lucky for me I have a brand new pair of zoomfly sitting in the wardrobe that I got on offer last year!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭fennor72

I had ordered from them a few weeks ago but then got an email the next day saying sorry they were not in stock but worth a try if they have your size. After failing ordering directly I bought from Runnerswarehouse in the US and used AddressPal, took two weeks for delivery but zero duties!

Could I ask you, with addresspal you just pay an post 15 euros for a US address, get the runners shipped to the fake address and get free US shipping.
    I was going to buy the endorphin pro but its additional 30 dollars for shipping and probably customs on top of that

Advertisement