Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What shoes you wearing now and what next?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭Ceepo

Best runners for stability? Want a change form kayano

https://www.facebook.com/1912338492174938/posts/4182333378508760/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

I picked up a pair of Merrell Vapor Glove 4 on a whim, which I have absolutely come to adore. They've edged out my Cloudflyers for short/middle distance street running, and are just plain comfortable as a shoe to wear out walking, or around the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I highly recommend Saucony Guide 13, i used to wear Kayano for long runs as well and view these as a huge upgrade. The previous version (iso guide 2) is just as good. I had three pairs on rotation last year for marathon training, strongly considered wearing non matchers on the day but decided against it last minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭Ceepo

Fenster wrote: »
    I picked up a pair of Merrell Vapor Glove 4 on a whim, which I have absolutely come to adore. They've edged out my Cloudflyers for short/middle distance street running, and are just plain comfortable as a shoe to wear out walking, or around the house.

How do you find the sizing with these.?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

New Kayano is excellent.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

Ceepo wrote: »
    How do you find the sizing with these.?

Tighter is better. A larger size will slide around. I bought my exact shoe size and find they fit great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭Slideways

My Endorphin Shift finally turned up 5 weeks after ordering!

Did a short run in them, feel pretty soft and bouncy and a nice roll off the front

I'm new to running, running about 8 weeks and just got my first sub 30 min 5k today :-)

I have been wearing asics gt-2000 7s as I overpronate a bit, judging by the wear patterns on the soles older runners.

Thing is, for today's record breaking (!) run, I just wore an old pair of cheap nike foam soled runners that I had for tipping around the house. They made the run feel really comfortable, especially on the soles of my feet, not that the asics are particularly uncomfortable.

Now I need to decide whether to go with foam soles going forward, which generally isn't advised for over pronation, or stick with the support shoes, or maybe just use the foams for longer runs.

I also have a mind to just ignore pronation and go with what's comfortable, I'm not a professional runner or anything like it.

I'm new to running, running about 8 weeks and just got my first sub 30 min 5k today :-)

I have been wearing asics gt-2000 7s as I overpronate a bit, judging by the wear patterns on the soles older runners.

Thing is, for today's record breaking (!) run, I just wore an old pair of cheap nike foam soled runners that I had for tipping around the house. They made the run feel really comfortable, especially on the soles of my feet, not that the asics are particularly uncomfortable.

Now I need to decide whether to go with foam soles going forward, which generally isn't advised for over pronation, or stick with the support shoes, or maybe just use the foams for longer runs.

I also have a mind to just ignore pronation and go with what's comfortable, I'm not a professional runner or anything like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Cona

Just go with whatever feels most comfortable...There’s far too much rubbish spun out about under/over pronation. Neutral cushioned are as good as anything imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

Cona wrote: »
    Just go with whatever feels most comfortable...There’s far too much rubbish spun out about under/over pronation. Neutral cushioned are as good as anything imo

Wow, great advice there.
    Almost as good as the running gear reviewer in Irish Runner magazine who reviewed both neutral and support shoes the same month without a hint of irony.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Brooks hyperion elite 2 getting some great reviews. Will buy the tempo once my reebok run fast are done.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭BullBauld

Heading to Dublin the weekend. Where is recommended for gait analysis and new runners?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,910 ✭✭✭griffin100

I have been wearing Nike Pegasus for over ten years now but I'm finding that the durability and actual physical support offered has lessened.

Any recommendations for a similar neutral running shoe?

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭WayneEnterprise

griffin100 wrote: »
    I have been wearing Nike Pegasus for over ten years now but I'm finding that the durability and actual physical support offered has lessened.

Brooks Launch

• Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭4Ad

Saucony Kinvara 11.
    Super comfortable and last longer than Pegasus 35's..
    Only problem is that the upper is porous in the rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Tipptatlers

The Runhub in Ashtown. You'll probably have to ring ahead for an appointment

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Brooks Launch

I think the launch is a great runner. I switched to Reebook floatride, its good but not near the standard of the launch

• Registered Users Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭ariana`

What do you want them for? I'm quite liking the Reebox Floatride Energy 2.0 for easy runs & tempos. I also have a pair of Asics Cumulus 21 in the rotation for easy runs (a bit stiff for anything faster than easy). For long runs I'm wearing Nike React Milers (these have a little bit of stability for runs over 2hrs). And I wear the Pegasus Turbo 2.0 for speed/intervals... That's my neutral mix at the moment :)

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Unknownability

Anyone spot Men's Nike Zoom Fly Flyknit for sale?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭rizzee

Picked up a pair on the Edge Sports Shop, Cork, website for €144 about 3 weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭ariana`

There was a back to school promotion on Nike last week with 25% across the board, i'm not sure if it's still active or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Unknownability

rizzee wrote: »
    Picked up a pair on the Edge Sports Shop, Cork, website for €144 about 3 weeks ago.

Thanks, I'd noticed that post and when I went to look they were all sold out.

Very annoying how they've discontinued as they are my favourite shoe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭rizzee

Thanks, I'd noticed that post and when I went to look they were all sold out.

Very annoying how they've discontinued as they are my favourite shoe.

I'm looking to get another pair - if you find anywhere do let me know :) the slightly wider sole compared to the Zoom Fly 3s suits me down to the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭Slideways

Word of warning..

I’ve been running mostly in shoes with 6-8mm drop so should have known better. Have 60km on my Endorphin shift and I found them great as a volume trainer.

Had a change of mind after I left the house the other day and did some tempo km in them. My calves are thrashed after that. Putting it down to the 4mm drop on them?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Slideways wrote: »
    Word of warning..

I’ve been running mostly in shoes with 6-8mm drop so should have known better. Have 60km on my Endorphin shift and I found them great as a volume trainer.

Had a change of mind after I left the house the other day and did some tempo km in them. My calves are thrashed after that. Putting it down to the 4mm drop on them?

Shift haven't grown on me, have a pair of size 10 with a handful of miles if someone wants a good deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

BeepBeep67 wrote:
    Shift haven't grown on me, have a pair of size 10 with a handful of miles if someone wants a good deal.

Are they true to size? I'm a 9 in most shoes

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Down South

I’m 8 in shoes and 8.5/43 in Saucony incl shift

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

I do find them TTS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭skyblue46

BeepBeep67 wrote: »

UK 10? Are they a EU 44 or 45?

Advertisement