Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What shoes you wearing now and what next?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

skyblue46 wrote: »
    UK 10? Are they a EU 44 or 45?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭rizzee

Just picked up a pair of ZoomX Vaporfly Next% from Nike - just released on their site/app at 8am.
    May be of interest to someone while they're still available!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭MY BAD

Nike released their Alphafly, vaporfly, and tempo this morning on their website

MY BAD wrote: »
    Nike released their Alphafly, vaporfly, and tempo this morning on their website
    I see the Alphafly is sold out on the Nike site but still some available on sportshoe .com

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Does anyone have any experience with the adizero sub 2 runner?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭healy1835

Does anyone have any experience with the adizero sub 2 runner?

Haven't wore them but a couple of lads in the club have. A stripped down, lighter version of the Adios Boost by all accounts. A proper racing flat and if you liked the Adios Boost, which I know you do :), then wouldn't be a bad purchase. One of the lads wore them for a marathon and said he wouldn't wear them again over that distance.

healy1835 wrote:
    Haven't wore them but a couple of lads in the club have. A stripped down, lighter version of the Adios Boost by all accounts. A proper racing flat and if you liked the Adios Boost, which I know you do , then wouldn't be a bad purchase. One of the lads wore them for a marathon and said he wouldn't wear them again over that distance.

Cheers J. When you say the boost do you mean the adizero adios? (the nice lemon/yellow pair I own ;))

I read quite a few reviews on them and similar comments on them not being a marathon shoe for the average Joe's. That wouldn't be an issue for me. I'd use them more for 10k or maybe HM.

Big discount on M&M direct with them at the moment. 84 quid off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭healy1835

Yep, the yellow ones alright :) Saw the price on M&M...can't really go wrong for that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

healy1835 wrote: »
    One of the lads wore them for a marathon and said he wouldn't wear them again over that distance.

J - you're talking to Swashbuckler...................

J - you're talking to Swashbuckler...................

Soon! Soon!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭ariana`

Soon! Soon!
    Don't be teasing us :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

I've pr-ordered a pair of Atreyu shoes, a new US brand that seem to be aiming to make cheaper cutting edge runners. I won't be seeing them for some time though. Total cost, including the terrible shipping and import duties, was 148 Dollars, so about 125 euro.

The name of this shoe....... The Artist. Tippex may be needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭TheBigGreen

Itziger wrote: »
    I've pr-ordered a pair of Atreyu shoes, a new US brand that seem to be aiming to make cheaper cutting edge runners. I won't be seeing them for some time though. Total cost, including the terrible shipping and import duties, was 148 Dollars, so about 125 euro.

Seen alot about these on the gram, interesting.

Is this the monthly subscription? I think you'll only get 150 miles out of them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

Not the subscription (I don't really know how that works). A one-off purchase.

150 miles would be ok I think; one session to test 'em at pace and then a few halves and/or marathons.

Not the subscription (I don't really know how that works). A one-off purchase.

150 miles would be ok I think; one session to test 'em at pace and then a few halves and/or marathons.
    How the subscription works is that they send out a new pair every month. I'm not sure the cost of the subscription but I think it's less than 100 US dollars per month

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭skyblue46

I have a pair ordered too. I got a pair of their standard model in July after ordering them in the pre-sale in March. Unfortunately I got PF in June so have only got a couple of short runs in them. They're an amazingly light and comfortable shoe.

How the subscription works is that they send out a new pair every month. I'm not sure the cost of the subscription but I think it's less than 100 US dollars per month

It's not a monthly subscription or a pair a month. You select how many pairs per year. It could be a pair every 4 months. The carbon plated shoe is not part of the subscription model...

I'd not expect a lot of miles from the base model as there is no rubber on the sole, just foam. The Artist has a 1mm rubber layer which should add some durability...but not much :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭ImportMeHappy

Theres some Endorphin Speeds and Endorphin Pro's available now on the UK site..
    https://www.saucony.com/UK/en_GB/the-endorphin-collection/?prefn1=genericSizeType&prefv1=M&prefn2=itemStyle&prefv2=Racing

Got 300 KM up on my Endorphin Speeds and still loving them, best pair of runners I've ever owned, had to treat myself to a pair of Endorphin Pros!

• Advertisement

Probably a thread in itself but how does the Saucony stack up vs Nike/Adidas/Asics/Hoka/NB equivalents? Ive been told my xmas present this year will be one of the above so decisions decisions!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Bought the Brooks Ghost 13 for long and easy runs and Brooks launch 7 for tempo stuff today.

Reebok not offering the support i need on the ankle

Probably a thread in itself but how does the Saucony stack up vs Nike/Adidas/Asics/Hoka/NB equivalents? Ive been told my xmas present this year will be one of the above so decisions decisions!
    On the racers or training versions? On the training version I prefer the Nike Zoomfly FK I've got the new Nike tempo but I haven't used it yet, I'll reportback when I do. My second choice training shoe would be the Adidas adizero pro it has mixed reviews. It feels a bit more solid not as springy as the Zoomfly. I have the Saucony endorphin Speed and it comes with great reviews but I'm not gone on it. One of my dislikes of this shoe is the lack of purchase on wet conditions, maybe it will grow on me in time. For racers I prefer the Alphafly Next% to the Vaporfly Next% but I people who returned their Alphaflys but love the Vaporfly

On the racers or training versions? On the training version I prefer the Nike Zoomfly FK I've got the new Nike tempo but I haven't used it yet, I'll reportback when I do. My second choice training shoe would be the Adidas adizero pro it has mixed reviews. It feels a bit more solid not as springy as the Zoomfly. I have the Saucony endorphin Speed and it comes with great reviews but I'm not gone on it. One of my dislikes of this shoe is the lack of purchase on wet conditions, maybe it will grow on me in time. For racers I prefer the Alphafly Next% to the Vaporfly Next% but I people who returned their Alphaflys but love the Vaporfly

More specifically the racers I guess. I think I have plenty of training shoes between Adizero Adios, Zoomfly FK, Adizero RC, Boston 8, Fuelcell Rebel, Epic React. Also pretty well set for shorter race distances like 5k/10k with 4% and adidas sub 2. Looking at the ever growing collection (mad really) I dont see something obvious i'd use for HM or Marathon (when the time comes ;) )

Well if it's a carbon plate shoe you wan then it's hard to beat any of the next % models for racers unless you are ideologically opposed to Nike and their ethics. I think other brands are still playing catch up. I've only raced up to 10km in them

Well if it's a carbon plate shoe you wan then it's hard to beat any of the next % models for racers unless you are ideologically opposed to Nike and their ethics. I think other brands are still playing catch up. I've only raced up to 10km in them

It's the price tag moreso than idealogical reaaons!

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭rodge68

Seth James DeMoor on youtube has a shoe matrix on alot of these shoes..and probably individual reviews of these shoes.

I really enjoy his videos (and jealous!)

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Down South

Theres some Endorphin Speeds and Endorphin Pro's available now on the UK site..
    https://www.saucony.com/UK/en_GB/the-endorphin-collection/?prefn1=genericSizeType&prefv1=M&prefn2=itemStyle&prefv2=Racing

Got 300 KM up on my Endorphin Speeds and still loving them, best pair of runners I've ever owned, had to treat myself to a pair of Endorphin Pros!

Just got some Speeds but haven’t run in them yet. Have a pair of Shifts and love them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭4Ad

I have had injury niggles since I bought the Endorphin speeds, I felt good today, got a decent 5k time, felt lovely nice bounce out of them..
    Not sure if they are as fast as the 4%s though..

Waiting on Saucony Pergrines for the trails.
    I have fallen in love with Saucony trainers, Kinvara 11's for my everyday runs..love them.

• Advertisement

Missed the boat on the Endorphin Pro's. Sold out. Will have to wait.

Advertisement