Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What shoes you wearing now and what next?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Asics trail runners going cheap on the outlet website. I've gone for Fujitrabuco 7s for 70, here's hoping they fit ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭Slideways

4Ad wrote: »
    I have had injury niggles since I bought the Endorphin speeds, I felt good today, got a decent 5k time, felt lovely nice bounce out of them..
    Not sure if they are as fast as the 4%s though..

Waiting on Saucony Pergrines for the trails.
    I have fallen in love with Saucony trainers, Kinvara 11's for my everyday runs..love them.

The peregrines won’t disappoint. I have them and the Brooks Cascadia and the Saucony piddle all over the brooks

Don’t have the speeds. Have the Pro and the shift. Did a fun run mara in the shift and pulled up relatively well considering I was injured before I started and had done hardly any training for it. Reckon the cushioning and toe off saved me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Can anyone recommend a good trainer for running in the now rainy weather?

I’d be in favour of Reebok/Adidas but open to more. Would only run 5km-10km a day outside on path surface.

If there’s a thread anywhere for winter gear, a link would be great. I did try a search.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭Ceepo

PopTarts wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a good trainer for running in the now rainy weather?

I’d be in favour of Reebok/Adidas but open to more. Would only run 5km-10km a day outside on path surface.

If there’s a thread anywhere for winter gear, a link would be great. I did try a search.

Thanks

Most people just wear there regular trainers even in wet conditions. While there are some shoes that offer some extra weather protection, unfortunately any shoe that stop water getting in through the fabric willl stop water getting out through it as well, and will also be less breathable.

It might be best to have a few pairs on rotation, and make sure to take out the inner insole when you're drying them, this will help to stop them stinking up the place later on

I’ve now completed the endorphin collection.

No more shoe buying for a while. I promised Mrs Slideways. :eek:

530871.jpeg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Slideways wrote: »
    I’ve now completed the endorphin collection.

No more shoe buying for a while. I promised Mrs Slideways. :eek:

530871.jpeg

Were the Pro a recent purchase? If so, where?

I got the pro when they were first released. Sorry!

From a recommendation on here I picked up the other two a few months apart from startfitness

healy1835 wrote: »
    Haven't wore them but a couple of lads in the club have. A stripped down, lighter version of the Adios Boost by all accounts. A proper racing flat and if you liked the Adios Boost, which I know you do :), then wouldn't be a bad purchase. One of the lads wore them for a marathon and said he wouldn't wear them again over that distance.

This turned out to be completely accurate! They got their first outing today. One for the Adidas purists for sure. Love them. Not a marathon shoe for me anyway. Wouldn't wear them beyond maybe a HM.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Klopp

What's on everyone's list for Black Friday the end of the month :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

Klopp wrote: »
    What's on everyone's list for Black Friday the end of the month :)

Endorphin Speed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Unthought Known

Endorphin Speed

I have about 200 miles on mine now and you wouldn't know it apart from the dirt. Amazing shoe. Ran a tempo yesterday and an easy long run today in them. They're great for both.

Endorphin Speed

My plan was to get my gait analyzed but now we are in level 5 i am going to wait until new year. I was looking at the Saucony Kinvara 11 before and i moved to the Nike zoom fly's - decisions, decisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭Wottle

I've run in pegasus for years but too many changes over recent versions have made them unrecognisable. On top of that I've had some plantar fasciitis issues, bit of googling has led me to Brooks Ghost and I really like it, about 300 miles in.
    I also wanted sth afor faster sessions and gave the Hoka Cliftons a shot. The first 3 or 4 runs felt strange, just didn't like them. Persevered and now I love them, they feel light and bouncy.

Decent enough deal on Sports Direct at the moment with the code Autumn20. 20% off. NB 1080 to be had at a decent price. Good chunk off the Adizero Pro too.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Sub430

I have about 200 miles on mine now and you wouldn't know it apart from the dirt. Amazing shoe. Ran a tempo yesterday and an easy long run today in them. They're great for both.

Same, 225m on mine and they're like new.
    The only drawback is I can't go easy in them.
    Have ordered the Shift for easier days

• Registered Users Posts: 9,683 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Decent enough deal on Sports Direct at the moment with the code Autumn20. 20% off. NB 1080 to be had at a decent price. Good chunk off the Adizero Pro too.

Cheers... Pegasus 37 there in a reasonable spread of sizes for €96. I can't justify getting them just yet though

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

Adidas Ultra Boost. The most comfortable shoe Ive ever owned. Been wearing them for over 2 years now and gone through 2 pairs

I am not happy with myself.

My new endorphin speeds had an incident. Came home from a run and wanted the BBQ lit ASAP so just went at it in the running gear.

A hot piece of charcoal landed on the floor and I stood on it. Burned a hole in the sole of the shoe :(

Have put some clear silicone in there to stop any stones or dirt getting in there. Reckon it’s about 10 mm deep and maybe 12mm round

531600.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,623 ✭✭✭dna_leri

Looking for input on my next runners.
    Normally I wear low-drop, neutral runners but due to a recent foot injury I want to change to something more cushioned, with some stability, but still in the 4-6mm drop for my daily trainers.
    Thinking of Hoka Rincon, Saucony Ride, Saucony Endorphin Shift, maybe Skechers GRR8, NB Beacon, no Nike. Any other ideas or suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Anyone try the Brooks hyperion elite 2 yet?

• Advertisement

With Black Friday coming up, I have my eyes on a couple of new pairs of runners and keep changing my mind.

The No1 choice is the Saucony Kinvara 11. I currently wear and alter between Pegasus 35 and Pegasus 37 size 10. Anyone have any experience between the two and can tell me if the sizing is similar between Nike Pegasus & Saucony?

For my second choice, I am looking at Nike React Infinity using the customize option. Is there anyone running in these? They get good reviews. The plan is to use these for shorter runs midweek.

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

dna_leri wrote: »
    Looking for input on my next runners.
    Normally I wear low-drop, neutral runners but due to a recent foot injury I want to change to something more cushioned, with some stability, but still in the 4-6mm drop for my daily trainers.
    Thinking of Hoka Rincon, Saucony Ride, Saucony Endorphin Shift, maybe Skechers GRR8, NB Beacon, no Nike. Any other ideas or suggestions?

You won't regret getting a pair of Saucony Endorphin Speed, they are 8mm, but don't feel it. They are my current 'do-it-all' shoe, if I could only throw 1 pair in a bag these would be the ones. I ran everything from 8 x 300 to 15 miles easy in them. Light, cushioned, not a whole pile of stability, but enough, feel fast, but run well at slower paces and legs don't feel beat up after a run.
    I've 200 miles + on a pair, no major signs of wear yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭benji79

Advice needed if possible. I was told a couple years back that I needed stability style running shoes for over pronation. Was fitted in a shop in Cork where I was put on a treadmill and videoed etc. Then hurt myself couple days later and never got going with the running. Been doing a bit recently with regular runners and getting pains in shins and Achilles.

I just want to do about 40 mins couple times a week for fitness and health. So nothing too serious

Could anyone recommend a reasonably priced pair of shoes that would suit me? Or any offers
    I don’t have any preference for brand, colour style.

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    You won't regret getting a pair of Saucony Endorphin Speed, they are 8mm, but don't feel it. They are my current 'do-it-all' shoe, if I could only throw 1 pair in a bag these would be the ones. I ran everything from 8 x 300 to 15 miles easy in them. Light, cushioned, not a whole pile of stability, but enough, feel fast, but run well at slower paces and legs don't feel beat up after a run.
    I've 200 miles + on a pair, no major signs of wear yet.

This. I’ve ran all week in them. My only worry is trying to find the next pair I’ll need when these wear out. They are a stunning shoe. I’m smitten haha
    benji79 wrote: »
    Advice needed if possible. I was told a couple years back that I needed stability style running shoes for over pronation. Was fitted in a shop in Cork where I was put on a treadmill and videoed etc. Then hurt myself couple days later and never got going with the running. Been doing a bit recently with regular runners and getting pains in shins and Achilles.

I just want to do about 40 mins couple times a week for fitness and health. So nothing too serious

Could anyone recommend a reasonably priced pair of shoes that would suit me? Or any offers
    I don’t have any preference for brand, colour style.

Pain in your Achilles and shin may have nothing to do with your shoes or your runners may be stuffed. Something like a Mizuno Kayano would be a pretty stable shoe.

You may need to address strength issues though. Seated calf raises are always a good place to start with achilles pain

• Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭4Ad

With Black Friday coming up, I have my eyes on a couple of new pairs of runners and keep changing my mind.

The No1 choice is the Saucony Kinvara 11. I currently wear and alter between Pegasus 35 and Pegasus 37 size 10. Anyone have any experience between the two and can tell me if the sizing is similar between Nike Pegasus & Saucony?

For my second choice, I am looking at Nike React Infinity using the customize option. Is there anyone running in these? They get good reviews. The plan is to use these for shorter runs midweek.

Thanks in advance

I went from Peg35' size 9 to the kinvaras and had no issue with sizing..
    I love the Sauconys, so light and comfortable and last way longer than the Nikes.
    Only downside is the upper is very porous in the wet..
    Breathes great in warm weather.
    Bought mine from Deporvillage..

Anyone bought from Deporvillage before and had any problems?

They have a current offer of 40% off and i am looking at getting Saucony Kinvara 11

• Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭4Ad

Anyone bought from Deporvillage before and had any problems?

They have a current offer of 40% off and i am looking at getting Saucony Kinvara 11

Bought off them a few times, last time was only a few weeks ago, orderd and delivered within a week.
    I see on Trustpilot people had issues luckily I never did.

4Ad wrote: »
    Bought off them a few times, last time was only a few weeks ago, orderd and delivered within a week.
    I see on Trustpilot people had issues luckily I never did.

Thanks - seem legit but never came the site before until today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭Duanington

rotating a pair of Pegasus Turbo 2 into the mix at the moment and I have to say, I'm loving them for steadier runs.

Not a huge amount of stability but I seem to be getting away with that for now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭MY BAD

Duanington wrote: »
    rotating a pair of Pegasus Turbo 2 into the mix at the moment and I have to say, I'm loving them for steadier runs.

Not a huge amount of stability but I seem to be getting away with that for now
    Probably one of my favourite long or steady run shoes. Although the upper is starting to tear away from the mid sole with only a few hundred kilometres.

Has anyone the Brooks Glycerin 17 or 18 and does it compare to the NB 1080v9 ?

Advertisement