Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What shoes you wearing now and what next?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Dante

Klopp wrote: »
    Anyone bought from Deporvillage before and had any problems?

They have a current offer of 40% off and i am looking at getting Saucony Kinvara 11
    I bought a running jacket off them recently, no issues and arrived within a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Unknownability

Just bought the Nike Air Zoom Tempo Next % in the Nike sale for €150, surprised that the code worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Klopp

I bought a running jacket off them recently, no issues and arrived within a week.

Thanks, first time coming across the site and wasn't sure but did see it was registered nine years ago and that eased my suspicions - placed an order for Saucony Kinvara 11.

Just bought the Nike Air Zoom Tempo Next % in the Nike sale for €150, surprised that the code worked.

Great price and was tempted myself. Nike had a great offer 2019 on Black Friday but if you had waited you wouldn't be guaranteed first choice or size imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Unknownability

Great price and was tempted myself. Nike had a great offer 2019 on Black Friday but if you had waited you wouldn't be guaranteed first choice or size imo.

I hadn't thought of that, I won't be using them until the spring so could look to send them back if I can get them cheaper while in the return period.

• Advertisement

benji79 wrote: »
    Advice needed if possible. I was told a couple years back that I needed stability style running shoes for over pronation. Was fitted in a shop in Cork where I was put on a treadmill and videoed etc. Then hurt myself couple days later and never got going with the running. Been doing a bit recently with regular runners and getting pains in shins and Achilles.

I just want to do about 40 mins couple times a week for fitness and health. So nothing too serious

Could anyone recommend a reasonably priced pair of shoes that would suit me? Or any offers
    I don’t have any preference for brand, colour style.

something like the Nike React Miler might suit if you can get a deal on them. it's a stability oriented shoe.

react is a comfortable running cushioning material and lasts up to twice as long as some other materials from a cushion point of view so it's actually good value "in the long run" :P

keep an eye out for Nike discounts on Bargain alerts or somewhere like here.

https://pricespy.co.uk/search?search=nike%20react%20miler%20men&sort=lowest_price%3Aasc

glasso wrote: »
    something like the Nike React Miler might suit if you can get a deal on them. it's a stability oriented shoe.

react is a comfortable running cushioning material and lasts up to twice as long as some other materials from a cushion point of view so it's actually good value "in the long run" :P

keep an eye out for Nike discounts on Bargain alerts or somewhere like here.

https://pricespy.co.uk/search?search=nike%20react%20miler%20men&sort=lowest_price%3Aasc

9,10,11 here for £70

you won't get cheaper I would say

use address pal from an post to get delivered

https://www.jarrold.co.uk/departments/jarrold-sport/running/mens-running-shoes/nike-react-miler-mens-running-shoes?sku=24637725

£63 on amazon even better for some sizes e.g. 9

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B083FRMGZ8/ref=asc_df_B083FRG76D1605247200000/?tag=pjuk-amazon.co.uk-21&creative=22374&creativeASIN=B083FRG76D&linkCode=df0&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&th=1&psc=1

Thanks, first time coming across the site and wasn't sure but did see it was registered nine years ago and that eased my suspicions - placed an order for Saucony Kinvara 11.

These arrived today and i have to say a great price and savings when compared to other online shops in Ireland. I was dubious when selecting the size as it told me based on the current brand of shoe I wear ( Nike size 10 UK ) they recommend 9.5. The fit is perfect, no issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

These arrived today and i have to say a great price and savings when compared to other online shops in Ireland. I was dubious when selecting the size as it told me based on the current brand of shoe I wear ( Nike size 10 UK ) they recommend 9.5. The fit is perfect, no issue.

Did you order 10 or 9.5 in the Kinvara?

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    Did you order 10 or 9.5 in the Kinvara?

I ordered a 9.5 in the Kinvara. I wear a size 10 UK in all my other Nike and Adidas runners so i was dubious but the fit was perfect.

I shopped around and a few retails shops in Ireland had the same pair for another 50/55euro more expensive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Endorphin pro arrived this morning. Ordered from Alltricks. Stunning runner. Went half a size up and lucky I did.

Now, roll on Dec 25th.....

Couple of types of air zoom pegasus 37 going for 59 eur on nike. Put in BRIGHT30 on checkout and it comes down to 59
    https://www.nike.com/ie/t/air-zoom-pegasus-37-running-shoe-mhP3dS/BQ9646-401

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    Couple of types of air zoom pegasus 37 going for 59 eur on nike. Put in BRIGHT30 on checkout and it comes down to 59
    https://www.nike.com/ie/t/air-zoom-pegasus-37-running-shoe-mhP3dS/BQ9646-401

How is the fit of the 37 over the 36?

I never got 36, I have 35. I think there's a bit more heel slip in the 37 than 35. Both are very comfortable though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭Myksyk

I'm at that point where I have started to try to improve the quality of my training, moving from just running every week as much as I could, to running different sessions every week (easy, tempos, intervals, hills, long etc.). A such, I have started the process of building a shoe rotation. I'm literally only at the beginning and have added a third pair of shoes. I am using two sets of Brooks Adrenaline GTS 20s as an everyday trainer for easy runs and long runs. I bought a pair of Saucony endorphin speeds for my weekly track interval session and tempo runs and find them great. I've only done four track sessions with them but love running in them. I feel they are making the difference although hard to tell ... for this lockdown I committed to a leg/glutes/quads strengthening and conditioning regime and between the different sessions, the strength regime and the new shoes I am seeing improvement where simply increasing my running did not do for me. I'm now able to do 5 1km intervals at 4min/km with only 15 second recoveries between. Not very speedy but speedy for me!! Hoping to get close to a '20:XX' 5K in a solo time trial I'm planning as an end-of-year test to see if all the changes have made a difference. Fingers crossed. Hoping to get new shoes for Xmas too if I can hint strongly enough to my better half and will probably try another tempo shoe like the Brooks hyperion tempo, just to see. Would like another general trainer too just to try out different ones. Looking at reviews online at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

What are the react miler like? Can be got for €55 at the moment on Nike.com. Looking for a workhorse shoe with a bit of support.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭Slideways

Myksyk wrote: »
    I'm at that point where I have started to try to improve the quality of my training, moving from just running every week as much as I could, to running different sessions every week (easy, tempos, intervals, hills, long etc.). A such, I have started the process of building a shoe rotation. I'm literally only at the beginning and have added a third pair of shoes. I am using two sets of Brooks Adrenaline GTS 20s as an everyday trainer for easy runs and long runs. I bought a pair of Saucony endorphin speeds for my weekly track interval session and tempo runs and find them great. I've only done four track sessions with them but love running in them. I feel they are making the difference although hard to tell ... for this lockdown I committed to a leg/glutes/quads strengthening and conditioning regime and between the different sessions, the strength regime and the new shoes I am seeing improvement where simply increasing my running did not do for me. I'm now able to do 5 1km intervals at 4min/km with only 15 second recoveries between. Not very speedy but speedy for me!! Hoping to get close to a '20:XX' 5K in a solo time trial I'm planning as an end-of-year test to see if all the changes have made a difference. Fingers crossed. Hoping to get new shoes for Xmas too if I can hint strongly enough to my better half and will probably try another tempo shoe like the Brooks hyperion tempo, just to see. Would like another general trainer too just to try out different ones. Looking at reviews online at the moment.

That’s a great start.

I would say for 5x1k efforts you should have at the very minimum a 1 min rest, personally I would go 2 mins and start jogging towards the end of the rest.

Others here have mentioned the Endorphin Speed, I also have a pair and honestly they are a stand out trainer. They would be perfect for doing the 1k reps in

• Registered Users Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭ariana`

Bahanaman wrote: »
    What are the react miler like? Can be got for €55 at the moment on Nike.com. Looking for a workhorse shoe with a bit of support.
    I've worn these as a daily trainer for easy and long runs and find them very comfy and reliable. At that price I'd grab them, you won't regret them as a daily trainer.

Adizero Adios 5, 65 pounds sterling on Sportshoes.com. Great deal for a great runner. Suitable for sessions, long sessions, tempo runs, racing (if you haven't converted to the supershoes)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Sizing is small on those so go up a bit if you are buying them I would say.

I've 2 pairs of Adios 3 I've haven't really worn. One is a bit too small and the other in the correct size :)

• Advertisement

adrian522 wrote: »
    Sizing is small on those so go up a bit if you are buying them I would say.

I've 2 pairs of Adios 3 I've haven't really worn. One is a bit too small and the other in the correct size :)

Happy to take them off your hands of you're selling ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Happy to take them off your hands of you're selling ;)

What size do you take?

adrian522 wrote: »
    What size do you take?

9.5 to 10 in the adios 3 and 5

9.5 to 10 in the adios 3 and 5

I'll double check my sizes and drop you a pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭eposhea

glic83 wrote: »

How is the fit of the 37 over the 36?

The 37 are so much better than the 36. I have had 35, 36 and 37. The 36 constantly gave me hot spots and were uncomfortable for anything over 8kms.

The 37s fit better, have a better tongue and lockdown easier. I don't find any slippage in them at all. I would snap them up at €59 (I did again). They are a great show - have used for long runs, short, and tempo and comfy for all of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭Slideways

I was so close to ordering these and sending them to my brother in Ireland to get posted to me in Aus. They are $180 on the Aus website.

My mrs would throttle me though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

eposhea wrote: »
    The 37 are so much better than the 36. I have had 35, 36 and 37. The 36 constantly gave me hot spots and were uncomfortable for anything over 8kms.

The 37s fit better, have a better tongue and lockdown easier. I don't find any slippage in them at all. I would snap them up at €59 (I did again). They are a great show - have used for long runs, short, and tempo and comfy for all of them!

Unfortunately I wasn't quick enough during the week, was hoping more might become available in size 9 but no joy yet. Any recommendations for a similar neutral runner like the Pegasus?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,683 ✭✭✭Cartman78

2 x Pegasus arrived in the door 20 mins ago....beautiful looking shoes in fairness..will be wearing them for casual wear for a bit first I'd say before I destroy them running :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭dave_o_brien

Have spent this year running in Nike Pegasus 36's and Winflo 6's; about 600 & 400km respectively. I'm a casual runner - 25k a week kind of thing generally, like the od half-marathon but by no means do I race. The Winflo's I find very comfortable but the upper and the heel is damaged to the point of discomfort when running now. The Peg's are great, but they are on the firm side. I'm heavy enough (93kg) and am finding they're a little less responsive than when they were new, but still have life left in them.

I recently got a pair of the Nike Miler's and have a pair of React Infinity's on their way to me. I've only done about 25k in the Miler's - whopper shoe. Not going to have you running pb splits, but they feel so cushy and smooth. Looking forward to trying the Infinity's now.

• Advertisement

Picked up an Asics Dynaflyte in their BF sale. Price worked out around €56 so has to be worth a look right?

Advertisement