Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What shoes you wearing now and what next?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

adrian522 wrote: »
    Picked up an Asics Dynaflyte in their BF sale. Price worked out around €56 so has to be worth a look right?

Dynaflyte is a decent shoe. Can't go wrong for 56 quid. Used to be my easy runner of choice.

Adizero Adios Pro back in stock on the Adidas site this morning. 196 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Unthought Known

Adizero Adios Pro back in stock on the Adidas site this morning. 196 euro.

I managed to get through to checkout then had errors before it said out of stock. Just picked up a pair with no hassle on sportsshoes.com in case anyone else is looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Klopp

Klopp wrote: »
    These arrived today and i have to say a great price and savings when compared to other online shops in Ireland. I was dubious when selecting the size as it told me based on the current brand of shoe I wear ( Nike size 10 UK ) they recommend 9.5. The fit is perfect, no issue.

These runners are brilliant, so comfortable i keep finding myself picking these ahead of my Pegasus 37 for all my runs at the moment. There great for speed workout and internal training, all rounder. Roll on Xmas when i get my Nike Zoom fly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭MY BAD

I got a pair of Nike Turbo 2 for $80US. I know it has mixed reviews but I love this shoe. Its Ekiden 2019 colour way with the Japanese writing on the inside which seems rare enough

• Advertisement

MY BAD wrote: »
    I got a pair of Nike Turbo 2 for $80US. I know it has mixed reviews but I love this shoe. Its Ekiden 2019 colour way with the Japanese writing on the inside which seems rare enough

What site?

Private sale through a friend of a friend

• Registered Users Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭ariana`

Great price. I snapped up my 2nd pair of these for €90, expecting delivery today in fact, happy Monday to me :D

My Turbo 2 arrived today. Delighted with the price. Must have been made for the Japanese market. Slightly different to any other version I Googled with ナイキ printed on it.

IMG-20201210-171654-486.jpg

https://www.keller-sports.com/p/nike-zoom-pegasus-turbo-2-ekiden-running-shoes-RSCNI07O000.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

They look cool, great buy.

Received the Nike React Milers yesterday myself (totally different shoe to a Turbo 2). Looks like a sturdy shoe with some stability. Had React shoes before and found it very easy to roll an ankle in them, these shouldn't have that problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭ariana`

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    They look cool, great buy.

Received the Nike React Milers yesterday myself (totally different shoe to a Turbo 2). Looks like a sturdy shoe with some stability. Had React shoes before and found it very easy to roll an ankle in them, these shouldn't have that problem.

They're very sturdy alright, I like them a lot as a daily trainer. I alternate between them and Brooks Ghost for easy runs. I keep the Turbo 2 for sessions. Well wear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

Just home with a pair of Saucony Endorphin Speed, gorgeous looking shoe. I'm keeping them in the box until they clean all the muck off the new paths in Shanganagh Park. !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭BeginnerRunner

Got a pair of pegasus trail 2 gore-tex today. Gonna break em in on tomorrow's run.r

Some of my routes take me thru a muddy field and the bray/greystones cliff walk so really look forward to hammering thru those areas without soggy feet.

...thought tbh my peg 36s seem to be fairly waterproof too. The only problem is that they work the opposite way. Once the water's in - it doesn't get out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Got a pair of pegasus trail 2 gore-tex today. Gonna break em in on tomorrow's run.r

Some of my routes take me thru a muddy field and the bray/greystones cliff walk so really look forward to hammering thru those areas without soggy feet.

...thought tbh my peg 36s seem to be fairly waterproof too. The only problem is that they work the opposite way. Once the water's in - it doesn't get out.

Noticed that too with the Peg 36. Like slow drying sponges :(

Having said that I got a mere 250 miles out of peg 35s (mainly used for workouts) and they tore my feet to bits. Swore they were not for me but couldn't deny they were nice to run in.

Got the peg 36s practically half price, sized up, use for easy runs mostly and at 206 miles still going well, no blistering issues. Shoe sizing and use cases are a lottery :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,205 ✭✭✭crisco10

Noticed that too with the Peg 36. Like slow drying sponges :(

Having said that I got a mere 250 miles out of peg 35s (mainly used for workouts) and they tore my feet to bits. Swore they were not for me but couldn't deny they were nice to run in.

Got the peg 36s practically half price, sized up, use for easy runs mostly and at 206 miles still going well, no blistering issues. Shoe sizing and use cases are a lottery :confused:

Interesting, I came on here to ask about others experience of Pegs. I usually swear by them, but my Peg 36s have suddenly caused all manner of foot issues for me (after about 500 miles wear). the ball of my toe just feels incredibly sore like I've been pounding around bare foot or something.

Weird, it's like my feet changed shape over night or the cushioning in the toe has died abruptly! And if it's the latter after not a massive amount of wear, that's disappointing.

crisco10 wrote: »
    Interesting, I came on here to ask about others experience of Pegs. I usually swear by them, but my Peg 36s have suddenly caused all manner of foot issues for me (after about 500 miles wear). the ball of my toe just feels incredibly sore like I've been pounding around bare foot or something.

Weird, it's like my feet changed shape over night or the cushioning in the toe has died abruptly! And if it's the latter after not a massive amount of wear, that's disappointing.

500 miles sounds like a lot to me!

Do you rotate runners?

500 miles sounds like a lot to me!

Do you rotate runners?

I do. Usually have 3 or 4 on the go. It's not insignificant mileage for sure, but usually get about 800 miles out of shoes before they get retired. And never had such a dramatic feedback that they are past their useful life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭Slideways

crisco10 wrote: »
    I do. Usually have 3 or 4 on the go. It's not insignificant mileage for sure, but usually get about 800 miles out of shoes before they get retired. And never had such a dramatic feedback that they are past their useful life.

Unless you are very light on your feet I would suggest that 500 miles is on the upper limit of what to expect out of a modern light weight show tbh

Been wearing NB 1080v10 for my easy and recovery runs.

Did 35k long run in them on Sunday and prior to that no dramas but had two hot spots at the base of my big toe after the run. The socks may not have been ideal so will hold off on bagging them out too much yet. Strange heel counter set up on them, takes a bit of getting used to but there is a nice feel to it once you do

• Registered Users Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭Wottle

I've stuck with pegasus for years, hated the 36s. Took a punt on the 37s with the 30% discount and I'm just no longer a fan. Tried the Ghost 13, not bad but my go to for everything now is the Hoka Clifton 6, love it and a bit more roomy around the toe box. I've ordered the Hoka Rincon to rotate for my faster stuff. Can't see myself buying the pegasus again anytime soon.

Yeah the pegasus certainly aren't a shoe I'd buy if I was looking for longevity. 500 miles, especially for Nike is bin time (or at least it is for me).

• Advertisement

Yeah the pegasus certainly aren't a shoe I'd buy if I was looking for longevity. 500 miles, especially for Nike is bin time (or at least it is for me).

Ha! I've been flogging mine so! (Distance's in Km)

Nike Air Zoom Pegasus 36 FlyEase 805.3
    Nike Pegasus 29 (Blue - Grass) 1,376.10
    Nike Pegasus 29 Red/Yellow 1,075.70
    Nike Pegasus 34 Black 453.9
    Nike PEGASUS 34 Sliver/Yellow 1,257.10
    Nike Pegasus 35 Blue 1,245.80
    Nike Pegasus Zoom Air 32 (Grey) 823.4

On Nike, I normally get 800-1000km out of Pegasus 35s and 36. They can feel soggy after wet runs alright so I remove the sole insert and hang up the shoes to dry naturally. I rotate them alot and rarely use them for runs over 16km/10 miles in them. I've 800km on a pair of Zoom Fly FK that need retirement and 500km on Turbo 2 that seem fine except the upper is starting tear away from the mid sole.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭dave_o_brien

I find Nike's brilliantly durable. I'm absolutely not light on my feet (90kg plus or minus 4kg depending) and have gotten 1000k on a pair of Zoom Structure's, Lunarglide's, Peg 35's and have half that on a pair of Peg 36's with expectations that they'll go for longer. By way of comparison, my former Adidas Ultraboost's and Supernova's would give me 650k-ish before the uppers would give up on me.

That said, I've a pair of Nike Winflo's that have issues with the upper around the heel currently with just 350k on them, but I kind of am writing that off as being a cheaper shoe with cheaper construction.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭4Ad

I find Nike's brilliantly durable. I'm absolutely not light on my feet (90kg plus or minus 4kg depending) and have gotten 1000k on a pair of Zoom Structure's, Lunarglide's, Peg 35's and have half that on a pair of Peg 36's with expectations that they'll go for longer. By way of comparison, my former Adidas Ultraboost's and Supernova's would give me 650k-ish before the uppers would give up on me.

That said, I've a pair of Nike Winflo's that have issues with the upper around the heel currently with just 350k on them, but I kind of am writing that off as being a cheaper shoe with cheaper construction.

I changed from the Pegasus 35's as I was only getting 400 miles a pair, (and I'm only 58kg's)

Getting great mileage out of Saucony Kinvara 11's..shame the uppers are so porous in the wet...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭Ceepo

A few posters on here have spoke highly of the Saucony Endorphin shoes. Thinking of getting the speed versions.
    I normally were a Nike size 10,
    What the option on Saucony sizing?
    TIA

Sizing for me is perfect. No issues

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Unthought Known

Ceepo wrote: »
    A few posters on here have spoke highly of the Saucony Endorphin shoes. Thinking of getting the speed versions.
    I normally were a Nike size 10,
    What the option on Saucony sizing?
    TIA

I'm a 10 in Nike and went true to size with the Endorphin Speed. Perfect fit and an amazing shoe, it's my go to for most runs at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭Ceepo

I'm a 10 in Nike and went true to size with the Endorphin Speed. Perfect fit and an amazing shoe, it's my go to for most runs at the moment.

Thanks for the response.
    Always a worry when changing brand.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

131928750_10222269436119143_7391713326010534042_o.jpg?_nc_cat=109&ccb=2&_nc_sid=825194&_nc_ohc=BixFnpDYXSgAX9JDCMH&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub4-1.fna&oh=be7f9f3e4897c2965a5f8f0427c047b1&oe=6003AC15

• Advertisement

Ohh, those adidas look the bees knees

Advertisement